Hi guys!!!

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran
Hi guys!!!

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:10 am

So.... um.... Hello to all the remaining Futurecraftians....
I um... I know I've been gone for a long time and I totally understand if none of you remember me...

But I'm just here to say:

Let's get the party started!!!!!

So, how's everyone been handling? Who's still around? Who's still building? Is anyone still developing? Do you guys play games together? Sing songs? Is the community falling apart?

It's good to be back; I hope I can make my stay a bit longer this time (it's just that I try and readjust and everything in this community is so chaotic [not saying that's a bad thing] and I kind of just kind of slowly fall away.

So, I'm starting up a major project as my New Year's resolution type thingy, which PrototypeTheta has kindly offered to host on his server when it's ready. If any of you would like to join me with that (and I'm hoping so, because there are some good builders here), take a look at the PMC post for it: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... you-think/

If anyone's interested in what've I've been doing this past year; don't be. I've squandered pretty much the entire year and it's a mistake I don't intend on repeating.

Depending on the state of the community, I may recommend a Holy Crusade to bring new people in. At this point, it isn't even about development, but creating a stable online/gaming community. I'd like to have had a hand in establishing something of some value to someone in my life....

On the list of things I've done this year that don't include squandering, I've started writing a novel, which I think beats a part time job when I hit University in two years.

Also, I'm now a Brony. I am apologising to any of the remaining people in this community who may be Bronies who I offended in the past with my lack of understanding and general disdain for all things equine. I let my prejudices get the better of me and I believe myself to be a better person for putting them aside.

I look forward to hearing all your responses.

In the name of Altera,

Mackeroth.
This is a signature.

cannonfodder

Re: Hi guys!!!

Post by cannonfodder » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:32 am

I wish I could tell you, but I went and signed my soul off to Uncle Sam and I don't really know what went on for the past 6 months or so. I came back to work on an RTS but unfortunately things have slowed a bit on that as well

It is refreshing to see you again, though. Uni in 2 years...that'd make you a sophomore, wouldn't it?

e: this is tiel btw
Last edited by cannonfodder on Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:32 am

Here is a list of things that I can remember:
  • We have a YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBEZGF ... eX9ATdj9yg
    Tiel left for awhile but he just came back a few days ago
    fr0st is gone
    We're trying to make a RTS
    Proto's Flans packs are very popular
    Proto is trying to make a survival server and get money off of it
    RP is confusing as ever for me
    We've pretty much been a gaming community for awhile now, people post in the members lounge, do RP, and have events in the gaming lounge
    I just got space engineers a few hours ago
    Error (The moderator) and Iv still have arguments and they are getting ridiculous
    Tau hosts the website
That's all I can think of right now.
Last edited by Tell on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:56 am

Welcome back, filthy brony heretic. Our RPs continue ever onwards, and the filthy brony races have been purged as per requirements of new RP lore.

What else....
Strigiforme are still stronk
Everyone is sill hyperlite
We all are owls, still
Many of us watch anime now, and you should too

Everything else has been pretty much said.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:12 am

MAAAAAAACK ! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!!!

FIX THE DAAAAMN FORUM LINK IN THE MC FORUMS THREAD ! I KNOW ITS DEAD BUT IVE BEEEEEN CHASING YOU FOR THE FKING LAST YEAR TO DO IT SO ILL FOLLOW YOU TO YOUR GRAVE UNTIL YOU FIX IT !!! ILL BE COMIN FOR YOU IN YOUR NIGHTMARES AND STALK YOU IN THE KITCHEN WINDOW THAT LIL THING YOU HAVE BY THE MICROWAVE !!! Oh and WB btw.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:14 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:So.... um.... Hello to all the remaining Futurecraftians....
I um... I know I've been gone for a long time and I totally understand if none of you remember me...

But I'm just here to say:

Let's get the party started!!!!!

So, how's everyone been handling? Who's still around? Who's still building? Is anyone still developing? Do you guys play games together? Sing songs? Is the community falling apart?

It's good to be back; I hope I can make my stay a bit longer this time (it's just that I try and readjust and everything in this community is so chaotic [not saying that's a bad thing] and I kind of just kind of slowly fall away.

So, I'm starting up a major project as my New Year's resolution type thingy, which PrototypeTheta has kindly offered to host on his server when it's ready. If any of you would like to join me with that (and I'm hoping so, because there are some good builders here), take a look at the PMC post for it: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... you-think/

If anyone's interested in what've I've been doing this past year; don't be. I've squandered pretty much the entire year and it's a mistake I don't intend on repeating.

Depending on the state of the community, I may recommend a Holy Crusade to bring new people in. At this point, it isn't even about development, but creating a stable online/gaming community. I'd like to have had a hand in establishing something of some value to someone in my life....

On the list of things I've done this year that don't include squandering, I've started writing a novel, which I think beats a part time job when I hit University in two years.

Also, I'm now a Brony. I am apologising to any of the remaining people in this community who may be Bronies who I offended in the past with my lack of understanding and general disdain for all things equine. I let my prejudices get the better of me and I believe myself to be a better person for putting them aside.

I look forward to hearing all your responses.

In the name of Altera,

Mackeroth.
hi

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:48 am

ACH0225 wrote:Welcome back, filthy brony heretic. Our RPs continue ever onwards, and the filthy brony races have been purged as per requirements of new RP lore.
So long as no one makes ponies a problem, I won't either. Deal?
ACH0225 wrote:What else....
Strigiforme are still stronk
Everyone is sill hyperlite
We all are owls, still
Um... helpful...
ACH0225 wrote: Many of us watch anime now, and you should too
Yes, my friends at school have been pressuring me into watching a multitude of anime. I tried watching Pulea Magi, and while I liked it, I couldn't say it was my favourite thing. I just can't find the time to watch it.

Tell wrote:Here is a list of things that I can remember:
  • We have a YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBEZGF ... eX9ATdj9yg
    Tiel left for awhile but he just came back a few days ago
    fr0st is gone
    We're trying to make a RTS
    Proto's Flans packs are very popular
    Proto is trying to make a survival server and get money off of it
    RP is confusing as ever for me
    We've pretty much been a gaming community for awhile now, people post in the members lounge, do RP, and have events in the gaming lounge
    I just got space engineers a few hours ago
    Error (The moderator) and Iv still have arguments and they are getting ridiculous
    Tau hosts the website
That's all I can think of right now.
That YouTube could use another 10,000 views or so per video. Let's see if we can't make that happen....

Yes, I'm well aware of Proto's success. It's great that one member at least one member of the community has at least done something good with the concepts of Futurecraft.
A gaming community is something I could do with. Mostly for Minecraft- I've been playing a lot of TF2 (~600 hours), but I need to stop playing it as it is a bad addiction.

And Tiel; No idea what a sophomore is, but I am a senior. I've begun Year 12 as of term 4 2014.
This is a signature.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:55 am

Yo.

We're all (still) mad here, no worries.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:56 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Who's still around?
Me, Saravanth, Error (Fleet Intelligence), Fenway, Prototype, Ivan, Solar, Vinyl, ACH, LJS, Catsonmeth, CatsVSNinjas, Iv, Kobialka, Tell, Tau, Tiel (as of recently) and Phalanx (also as of recently), did I miss anyone there?
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Who's still building?
That should be Vinyl (I think) and Laserbilly (Sorta).
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Is anyone still developing?
Prototype is making a pack for Flans Mod and everyone with any skill in anything at all (AKA everyone but me) are making a game.
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Do you guys play games together?
As a matter of fact, yes, we are. Personally I have been unable to participate in any events because of lacking internet and hardware, but now I have great internet and a great computer, so I, too, will be joining the games.
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Sing songs?
Sort of, I guess.
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Is the community falling apart?
In a way, yes. In another way, no.

ACH is still an owl, Vinyl is still weird and still changes factions all the time, Ivan still loves Sonic maybe a little too much, Iv still disapproves of everything, and the community is still dysfunctional and can not do anything right. Welcome back, we've missed you!
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:12 am

btw although it was submitted in a joke format Im completley serious about the mc forum thread, it will take less than 1 minute, do it mack.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:29 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
ACH0225 wrote: Many of us watch anime now, and you should too
Yes, my friends at school have been pressuring me into watching a multitude of anime. I tried watching Pulea Magi, and while I liked it, I couldn't say it was my favourite thing. I just can't find the time to watch it.
You sick heretical brony bastard. Go watch a proper animu, like Angel Beats or Clannad. Or anything else by Key or Maeda-sama.

http://fc-mod.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1421

Use this to help
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:53 am

Also what has not changed: ACH still owly inquisitor

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:58 am

Excellent, the plan worked. Now to find wherever Fr0st is lurking... I already went to the zoo, he's not there.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:00 pm

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:19 pm

I tried resetting the RP to craft a respectable lore for FC, then gave up and left for a while. Came back to help with the flans pack but I don't think Proto needs much anymore. So I've been reluctantly dipping my toes in the RP waters and monitoring the new RTS project. That's what went on with me.

Welcome back you dumb Aussie bastard.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *