Yogscast has a new architecture depatrment!

Anything about the game. Maps, mods, servers, etc.
Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215
Re: Yogscast has a new architecture depatrment!

Post by Keon » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:48 pm

Iv121 wrote:Well I guess this is up for whoever made the map. Though if that one who made the map was the voxel box by any chance then don't worry because Ridge does run the voxel box and they tend to use their maps.
Don't worry, they lied, the owner requested credit, the yogscast were like lolnope, and the original content creator was called a fraud by bazillions of adoring yogidiots. It's one of my main problems with them.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/155 ... -powerups/
Bugs/Problems
Spoiler:

-Moving over stairs, slabs, or any other block that is not a full block will make the pig jitter/shake up and down
-Falling off the track currently has no fix but disqualification
-Earth's End is a bit difficult
-The Yogscast did not give me credit for the maps
-Pigs will sometimes not jump over a 1 block high obstacle
-Pigs that touch fire will almost always die
-If your pig touches water while you ride it, you lose control of the pig.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:30 am

Im not worrying, its more up to the map creator to react to it, but I get the point.

To be honest after looking at the map thread it seems like the map creator benefited from it more than he lost if he even lost something . It is true it's really bad for the MC community but it seems they all play what the yogscast plays and if the yogscast played your map expect high traffic on your DL .

This perhaps also shades light on the reasons why you hate the yogscast so much - you rather hate the community they attracted, because MC's community is really far from being mature, it is natural that after so much time making only popular MC videos they will attract this community like magnet, as for the rest I think that even the yogscast itself is tired of them (There was a time they simply locked comments on the main channel)
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:35 am

Believe me, when someon makes a thing about your work and doesn't credit you it's bloody annoying, not it mention its fucking rude. Same reason I get tick off at 9minecraft.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:33 am

Iv121 wrote:Im not worrying, its more up to the map creator to react to it, but I get the point.

To be honest after looking at the map thread it seems like the map creator benefited from it more than he lost if he even lost something . It is true it's really bad for the MC community but it seems they all play what the yogscast plays and if the yogscast played your map expect high traffic on your DL .

This perhaps also shades light on the reasons why you hate the yogscast so much - you rather hate the community they attracted, because MC's community is really far from being mature, it is natural that after so much time making only popular MC videos they will attract this community like magnet, as for the rest I think that even the yogscast itself is tired of them (There was a time they simply locked comments on the main channel)
I am a huge yognaut actually. I watch all the main videos, all the other yogscast, etc. I don't mind the community; I view them as stupid but inevitable. The thing is, the map got 4 pages of posts. If the yogscast had been like "Link to the map!!!1! that would quadruple. That's tons more adfly revenue for the map creator that the yogscast stole from them. Other than that, I love their stuff, especially the parodies. Oh wait, they got claimed and removed. Screw Youtube for that, I guess.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:06 pm

You can call it Karma, or you can say both youtube and them were wrong ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:55 pm

Youtube's newer copyright claim system is frakking retarded. Beyond that, it's not mah problem.