unnamed science fiction adventure map :D

Anything about the game. Maps, mods, servers, etc.
CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank
unnamed science fiction adventure map :D

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:54 pm

Will somebody come up with a name for this map for me? So... I'm building this super awesome science fiction adventure map and I'm going to show off what I've done so far right here. Prepare yourself... You mind is about to be blown. So I found this wonderful program called world painter. It basically let's you create a minecraft world much like you would create the terrain for your city in Sim City's God Mode. (Not sure if that's in Sim City 5) You won't be seeing many space ships in this map, at least not yet. I'm kind of creating the story line as I go. it's going to be an open world rpg so there will be choices to make and alternate story lines and what not.

Open World

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF (yet to be named)!!! You were the first mate on board a merchant vessel when your ship received an SOS from a planet five light years away. The planet's name, (yet to be named) didn't show up in the ships records, well it did but the info was blocked by the government. When you showed up, your ship was shot down by the RoPlaDS (Robotic Planetary Defensive Systems) You were, as far as you know when you awaken, the only one to make it to an escape pod before you ship crash landed on a strange continent with five different biomes.

The Biomes

This is the best part. There are five different biomes on (yet to be named).
Each of these spoilers has a picture and some info.
DESERT BIOME
Spoiler:
This is where your ship crash landed! Welcome to the spawn:
greenshot screen capture
Of course, you have the choice of going to look for survivors, or following a road down to a (not yet built) river at the bottom of the canyon...
screen shot tool
image hosting flickr
There is a large dam at the bottom of the canyon, and behind it, the beginning of the forest biome.
screenshot software for windows
FOREST BIOME
Spoiler:
So... for some reason, world painter made the forest insanely thick. Not sure what I'm to do about it but...
screenshot tool
On the other side of the hill in the picture above, you have more forest, which slowly leads into the next biome.
online photo storage
SNOW BIOME
Spoiler:
Snow biome. You'll notice the "three mountains of unrealistic steepness" in this picture:
picture hosting
I need to find a better name for those hills. Anyone? Below are some ice crystals near the "three mountains of unrealistic steepness". Now... I messed up in world painter while making these. I'll fix it later. Instead of ice, I made it water.
photo hosting software
SWAMP BIOME
Spoiler:
This swamp is immense in size, and how boring it is. One picture.
screen shot on windows
HELL BIOME
Spoiler:
There is no better name for this biome. Especially because ghasts and pigmen spawn here.
screenshot on pc
Notice the unrealistic transition between our Hell Biome and our Desert Biome:
upload photos
Size
Spoiler:
The world of (yet to be named) is immense. Starting faaaaar beneath the clouds:
print screen
and ending faaaaar above them.
photo uploading
I believe I set world painter to create a world about 10000 blocks by 10000 blocks big but I may be exaggerating. I started a while ago.
Exploration

In the world of (yet to be named) we encourage you to explore. There will be many small mining towns, and maybe MAYBE some indigenous alien villages. The only place I have so far to explore is your crashed ship.
Spoiler:
That light flickers on and off randomly for dramatic affect:
how to screen capture
UNFORGETTABLE CHARACTERS!

Meet San Holo, your hilarious captain who seems to stay happy in the face of certain death!
Spoiler:
"They're dead Jim"
image hosting
THE MINE

The most dangerous part of the map. The miners on this planet say they were sent here by the government of Earth to mine... glowstone... This mine is an immense cave that spans the entire map. When you first explore this cave, at least, when I did, it went three times deeper than I expected it to... You WILL get lost in here.
Spoiler:
The mine elevator:
capture software
In this picture you can see three different levels of the mine:
image upload with preview
That's it so far. :D
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Re: unnamed science fiction adventure map :D

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:46 pm

To not have the problem with the forest being thick, try using less intensity with the brush.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:44 pm

There are so many new adventure map ideas, I think I'll stick with Iv and targ.

Jasonlek
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Jasonlek » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:01 am

This seems like it will be a very nice adventure map once it's done.

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:12 am

Archaea.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:39 am

Cute. I developed a rather cool way of building "shattered mountains" a while back using a mixture of Painter and MCedit, if you're interested.
This is a signature.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Cute. I developed a rather cool way of building "shattered mountains" a while back using a mixture of Painter and MCedit, if you're interested.
dont know when ill get back to this project (and i will its just a matter of time) but... sure why not?
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!