Outpost 19- The Map

Anything about the game. Maps, mods, servers, etc.
Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma
Outpost 19- The Map

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:55 pm

After inspiration, I have decided that, over the summer, I will be working on an adventure map.

What is it you ask? Outpost 19. You all know the story, but if you don't...
Spoiler:
Outpost 19 is a prison complex in the northern hemisphere of the planet TRS-17, nicknamed the dust bowl, the third plane in the TRS system, the prison is where the United Galactic Federation send level 8 and above criminals (multiple murder is level 5), as well as any political rivals to the rather corrupt UGF ruling council.

On the date of 11/5/3023 (Terran calendar), the communications array on Outpost 19 was knocked out during one of the dust storms TRS-17 is so famous for, a security patrol, sent out to repair the array with full mechanical survival suits (think a mobile infantry suit) did not return, and no signals were received from them for several weeks, it was only when one of the members of the patrol was found wandering the wasteland, that the warden realised the problem. The security officer was incredibly violent towards anyone who approached him, and screamed things about a monster hiding in the storms, Outpost 19 was put under full lockdown.

Something has managed to enter the facility, and is attacking, so far all who have seen it have been killed before they can pass information on, though there have been no remains of the victims. The warden has disappeared, nobody has heard from him, and a prison riot is in full flow.

Alright, so here's the scoop:

I am designing this map to be a horror, logic based map. Sure, there will be some combat, but not too much. This one is based on exploration, puzzle solving, making sense of the clues given out to you.

You start in a cell, which has opened, not too long after the riot has ended. All signs of life are completely gone. You start in block A, which had been vacated by everyone in the wake of the thing, Nightmare. The bulkheads sealed it out, but it'll be back. Your task, as a prisoner, is to find out what happened, what the real secret of Outpost 19 is, and escape.

I will be working on this map intermittently, with a server up for me and my friend, and any of you who wish to help. Due to my dynamic IP address, I will NOT have one regular address to connect to. As such, whenever the server goes up, I will post with the updated address for you to join.

I will be using Iv's modified Darkmatter pack for this. All credit for it goes to the original creators and Iv, for the modifications. If the need arises, I will make some modifications of my own. I will post the new version if that is the case. The link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tbdk8 ... hanced.zip

EDIT: Apparently I can make the server prompt you to download it. Done and done.

I haven't much done, as it is largely in the planning phase with me and a friend. However, I do have a slight bit of progress. The communication outpost.
Spoiler:
This map will feature HEAVY amounts of redstone work. Not just your normal events, but serious stuff. This includes:

-Digital Countdown Clock (For a bomb you must defuse)

-Flickering lights (For areas with damaged power/spooky lighting)

-Classic light's turning on scene (Lights go on, section by section, down hallway, and vice-versa)

-Puzzles (Who doesn't enjoy configuring a power grid/ bulkhead section?)

-Communications from things (From a ship in orbit once you get a radio, Phi once you acquire his Core, Nightmare because he hates you)

-Moving Nightmare around the facility (At certain points, he will move to different hallways and areas, because you're not supposed to go that way. You go too close, you die. Simple.)

-Running away part. This will be the most fun. So you enter a long hallway, and the ship in orbit tells you Nightmare is chasing you. Behind you, lights start shutting off. You have to race down the dilapidated hallway, ahead of the lights, and then close the bulkhead at the end to live.

And a lot more I haven't planned out.

If you wish to help, ask. I will whitelist you, and assign a position and something to create.

I give credit to Prototype for inspiring this map. Also, your support is MANDATORY for the production of this map. I expect a response within 48 hours, or else your contract will be terminated.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Re: Outpost 19- The Map

Post by blockman42 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:52 pm

Imma work with IV before I do anymore projects.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:02 pm

I'd be willing to work on this.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:32 pm

I'm in. Fairly competent with redstone.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:06 am

Let's get dome with one thing before doing the other shall we proto ? I mean it makes no sense to work on both simultaneously as we will constantly interfere with each other (BTW just to let you know my texture pack is not mine but rather belongs to someone else and I am yet to get a permission for it which I will probably do near the end of the project. Long onto my server, help me out with the map and I will help you out with your map later.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:18 am

I actually started building Outpost 19 as a teams map for the Flan pack, but I only finished the bio dome (8 biodomes and the corridors connecting them, complete with doors and noise machines, its pretty big), I can shoot you the schematic.

Also Iv this isn't my project lol.

Also, I believe you two are in different time zones, so we could theoretically do it.

Although I can probably help more with this than the aurora, considering I already know pretty much exactly how it's going to work, but I can do both.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:25 am

Alright, I'll help out with yours when it's up, do mine when it's not.

Truth be told, I was actually going to put this up before you did your project, under a different texture pack (Read: SMP's 2228), but yours came up and It seemed better for a dark mood.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:02 am

Sry proto I misread you two as your names are yellow :[ . I probably began my map before you because I made it way into MC 1.2.something if not earlier, don't remember exactly but it was before spawners were customizable and command blocks existed. anyway let's not get into it right now. Also you will have the advantage of me actually finishing the texture pack as right now it misses a lot of useful textures (for example the painting textures are downright ugly, I will redo them )

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:15 pm

I'll pitch in if I can, but dynamic IPs may get..interesting.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Ok, server is UP. Ip is 75.171.236.134:25565

I'll see you on!

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:05 pm

I can no longer offer my aid due to unforeseen consequences circumstances.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:01 pm

Nobody? Oh well. Server's now offline.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:34 pm

Yea man you won't get that many ppl that often so it will be a lot of work for you to do on your own or else your project will go nowhere .

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:09 am

Server is up again, not for long though

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:17 am

Technical issues. Server is available again, or should be. If not, then please contact.