Project R.O.F.L.C.O.P.T.E.R

Anything about the game. Maps, mods, servers, etc.
ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225
Re: Project R.O.F.L.C.O.P.T.E.R

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:13 pm

Our base was a large city surrounded by 8 block thick walls that were 20 blocks high. The center keep had around 5 blocks thick walls with a massive defensive complex surrounding the safe at the bottom. Our city was a defensive beast, and probably just as defendable as an underground base.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:39 pm

Tiel Attentus wrote:But without it all your stuff is vulnerable. Keep in mind that not everyone plays legitimately, someone could easily xray your base or even use a texturepack (which server's can block) to find it. And if it's not protected...what then? Better to claim the land and make the base all but impenetrable so you'll never have to worry about losing your stuff...if hackers come along they can't do squat, and if enemies come along and find your base via the claim, there's not much they can do either, whereas if they find it without the claim you're utterly screwed.
thats where the next part of the plan comes in. i build it in the middle of the ocean.
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:46 pm

ACH0225 wrote:Our base was a large city surrounded by 8 block thick walls that were 20 blocks high. The center keep had around 5 blocks thick walls with a massive defensive complex surrounding the safe at the bottom. Our city was a defensive beast, and probably just as defendable as an underground base.
underground bases are not defendable at all. they are made to stay hidden.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:14 am

CommanderKobialka wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:But without it all your stuff is vulnerable. Keep in mind that not everyone plays legitimately, someone could easily xray your base or even use a texturepack (which server's can block) to find it. And if it's not protected...what then? Better to claim the land and make the base all but impenetrable so you'll never have to worry about losing your stuff...if hackers come along they can't do squat, and if enemies come along and find your base via the claim, there's not much they can do either, whereas if they find it without the claim you're utterly screwed.
thats where the next part of the plan comes in. i build it in the middle of the ocean.
Sorry, that was supposed to be a 'can't'. No matter what you do someone's eventually going to find your base, hacks or not. Better to have it claimed so you don't lose all your stuff when it happens. It's like painting a red target on your forehead in exchange for superman-esque invincibility.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:50 am

Tiel Attentus wrote:
CommanderKobialka wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:But without it all your stuff is vulnerable. Keep in mind that not everyone plays legitimately, someone could easily xray your base or even use a texturepack (which server's can block) to find it. And if it's not protected...what then? Better to claim the land and make the base all but impenetrable so you'll never have to worry about losing your stuff...if hackers come along they can't do squat, and if enemies come along and find your base via the claim, there's not much they can do either, whereas if they find it without the claim you're utterly screwed.
Sorry, that was supposed to be a 'can't'. No matter what you do someone's eventually going to find your base, hacks or not. Better to have it claimed so you don't lose all your stuff when it happens. It's like painting a red target on your forehead in exchange for superman-esque invincibility.
Nobody digs at the bottom of the ocean. Unless they hack, they will not find it. The odds are simply to small. However, that base WAS destroyed. We invited someone over from an "ally" faction who then accepted the teleport requests of his entire faction and we were screwed. But technically... it wasn't "found".

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Are we still on this? I log on once in a while and nobody is on.
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:40 pm

Same problem
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:01 pm

yes we are still on this server. Anyways, today I improved the mine cart sorter (dont really know if its improved or not because I'm not exactly sure how it worked in the first place) and made it so that Keon's hopper system now drops into two double chests instead of one single chest. I added a tree farm which can only hold one tree atm but I plan on expanding it. Next to the tree farm there is something new that took me hours. The new chest room. I created a long tunnel full of chests that are much more organized and visually appealing than they were when they were in the faction spawn room. Don't be surprised when you spawn later and find all the chests gone. They've simply been moved to a new room that branches off the tree farm which is behind the wheat farm. I spent an hour trying to create a garbage disposal system in the chest room out of hopper carts, lava, and dispensers but I think I was making it way to complicated. I removed it and created a much more simple one, in which a hopper is connected to a dropper in the floor which fires the items into a pt of lava. The dropper is connected to a repeatedly fired redstone signal coming from a minecart detector rail visible in the chest room. Also added a maintenance stairway for Keon's hoppers that take you all the way up the system and into the drop room. Few. Took hours. Hope you all like the changes to the base! Also, if you go to the very end of the mine, you will find a large room branching off the right in which I'm constructing something awesome. Please no digging in it unless you want to dig up. Can't go down any further anyway because you run into a large lake of lava. Thanks!

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Keon wrote:Go on the server, it's hooked in with your choo choo, but not optimally yet.
CRAP. I just realized that I added double chests to your hopper system which will keep the mine cart from coming back because thats what the purpose of the redstone was wasn't it... I'll fix it. Probably not until tomorrow though :/

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:55 pm

IS this dead?

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:50 am

Yes?

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:Yes?
i thought so. im still improving the base though if anybody wants to start playing again :/

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:55 pm

No one is on when I get on.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:37 am

ACH0225 wrote:No one is on when I get on.
I'm on a ton but I don't know what timezone your in. I'm in Arizona :\

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:10 pm

CommanderKobialka wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:No one is on when I get on.
I'm on a ton but I don't know what timezone your in. I'm in Arizona :\
I can help with that, he's in the Cyuuth timezone.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -