Project R.O.F.L.C.O.P.T.E.R

Anything about the game. Maps, mods, servers, etc.
CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank
Re: Project R.O.F.L.C.O.P.T.E.R

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:37 pm

i used to own a faction on a server. i kept inviting people and inviting people until we were sooo big i thought our base was in danger of being discovered so we split into two subfactions. vendetta 1 and 2. we were the biggest and richest factions in the game until one guy raged when he died in a raiding mission because he wasnt killed by the enemy. he fell off a cliff. he returned to base and stole everything. then he burned everything flammable and left. after that everybody else but five people left aswell. just sayin this because we need to be suuuper careful about who joins the faction. i dont want my choo choo to be in danger.
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:16 am

Go on the server, it's hooked in with your choo choo, but not optimally yet.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:23 am

I used an alt once to make a faction for misfits. Invited everyone, especially those guys who'd log in and beg for a faction.

Surprisingly, it worked pretty well. We were rich, we had a decent base, and everyone respected my leadership.

Then the internet went out for the weekend, I log back in, and everything had crumbled without me leading it. Such is life, I suppose, but just saying that there are some good people you can snatch up that others won't accept because of stupid trivialities like grammar or etiquette.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:57 am

I once led a faction. I had a secondary guy who I trusted to lead it if I had to go, so I left for a day or two and gave him power. I came back and everything was fine. So I left again for a week, and came back and resumed leadership. Apparently, he had enjoyed his period of absolute power, so when a group split off from my faction to give him 3rd in command position, he joined them. After that one group splintered, everyone else left except the people who understood that the faction was still the most powerful. Soon though, the admin led faction whose had occasionally raided, began to make attacks on us. We were strong enough that we could ward them off and defend our base, but the admin started spawning them stuff occasionally. The splinter groups started to die during this time, so most of them rejoined, and we were able to better protect our base. Then I had to leave, and my secondary took over. Apparently, he botched things with a failed raid, so when I came back, everyone had left besides 5 people(out of 34). I realized we wouldn't survive, and began to cannibalize the buildings outside the walls of the city. Pretty soon, the other factions started attacking and everyone left one day besides me. I had taken all our valuables in my inventory and left, and I came back a few days later to find that our entire city, which took about 2 weeks to make, had been world-edited away by the admin. When I asked him about it, he gave some BS excuse about it being his server and how we spawncamped him against the rules when he did te same. I waited around spawn for a while, and one a-hole of an mod said not to climb a tree that their faction had made a little outpost on. I asked him why I couldn't, as it was right next to spawn and factions were almost made to be raided. He said that I was a little noob and that if I raided it he would ban me. So, thinking I would be saved by the previously level headed admin, I climbed the tree. The mod, who couldn't actually ban me, told the admin and he banned me. For 5 weeks. For climbing a tree their faction had built on. Near spawn.

Moral of the story, I'm gonna see if the server is still up and then we can see if it is useable by us to get vengeance.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 am

The great thing about tekkit is that I can make a turtle nuke your face to bits. And I like that.

In normal minecraft it's too safe.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:17 pm

ACH...you really have to let things go. That's clearly a terrible server and seeking 'vengeance' is only going to be a waste of time, especially if you're going after a badmin like the one you described.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Vengeance! Revenge will be mine!
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:49 pm

ACH0225 wrote:Vengeance! Revenge will be mine!
If your still on aerial PVP, I can dump my TNT supplies in a chest somewhere you can get to them.

Also what server are we using now, and is it 1.5
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Yes.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:25 pm

Prototype wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:Vengeance! Revenge will be mine!
If your still on aerial PVP, I can dump my TNT supplies in a chest somewhere you can get to them.

Also what server are we using now, and is it 1.5
So YOU'RE the one who took the stack >:|
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:30 pm

We needed that during the seige!
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Tiel Attentus wrote:I used an alt once to make a faction for misfits. Invited everyone, especially those guys who'd log in and beg for a faction.

Surprisingly, it worked pretty well. We were rich, we had a decent base, and everyone respected my leadership.

Then the internet went out for the weekend, I log back in, and everything had crumbled without me leading it. Such is life, I suppose, but just saying that there are some good people you can snatch up that others won't accept because of stupid trivialities like grammar or etiquette.
Yes. it's almost like all the laws in the world were erased for a week.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Keon wrote:Go on the server, it's hooked in with your choo choo, but not optimally yet.
I'll check it out tomorrow :P

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:50 pm

ACH0225 wrote:I once led a faction. I had a secondary guy who I trusted to lead it if I had to go, so I left for a day or two and gave him power. I came back and everything was fine. So I left again for a week, and came back and resumed leadership. Apparently, he had enjoyed his period of absolute power, so when a group split off from my faction to give him 3rd in command position, he joined them. After that one group splintered, everyone else left except the people who understood that the faction was still the most powerful. Soon though, the admin led faction whose had occasionally raided, began to make attacks on us. We were strong enough that we could ward them off and defend our base, but the admin started spawning them stuff occasionally. The splinter groups started to die during this time, so most of them rejoined, and we were able to better protect our base. Then I had to leave, and my secondary took over. Apparently, he botched things with a failed raid, so when I came back, everyone had left besides 5 people(out of 34). I realized we wouldn't survive, and began to cannibalize the buildings outside the walls of the city. Pretty soon, the other factions started attacking and everyone left one day besides me. I had taken all our valuables in my inventory and left, and I came back a few days later to find that our entire city, which took about 2 weeks to make, had been world-edited away by the admin. When I asked him about it, he gave some BS excuse about it being his server and how we spawncamped him against the rules when he did te same. I waited around spawn for a while, and one a-hole of an mod said not to climb a tree that their faction had made a little outpost on. I asked him why I couldn't, as it was right next to spawn and factions were almost made to be raided. He said that I was a little noob and that if I raided it he would ban me. So, thinking I would be saved by the previously level headed admin, I climbed the tree. The mod, who couldn't actually ban me, told the admin and he banned me. For 5 weeks. For climbing a tree their faction had built on. Near spawn.

Moral of the story, I'm gonna see if the server is still up and then we can see if it is useable by us to get vengeance.
I have an obsession with underground cities. Every faction I join, I spend weeks digging out a huge area and filling it with houses at bedrock level. Every once in a while someone would mine into it but they were usually friendly and left with an apology. I never claim land. I make all my faction members set their home in the base. I don't like claiming land because it makes your base 1000 times easier to find.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:09 pm

But without it all your stuff is vulnerable. Keep in mind that not everyone plays legitimately, someone could easily xray your base or even use a texturepack (which server's can't block) to find it. And if it's not protected...what then? Better to claim the land and make the base all but impenetrable so you'll never have to worry about losing your stuff...if hackers come along they can't do squat, and if enemies come along and find your base via the claim, there's not much they can do either, whereas if they find it without the claim you're utterly screwed.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]