Tiel's WIP Airships Server

Anything about the game. Maps, mods, servers, etc.
Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC
Re: Tiel's WIP Skylands Server

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:56 am

blockman42 wrote:I could make a skylands world for you in worldpainter if you want.
Thanks, but a custom skylands worldgen plugin was installed about a week back.

And proto, the one thing I fear is that you guys just stash diamond and iron blocks all over the place...if you can tell me you won't do that I'll OP you.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:12 am

Tiel wrote:
blockman42 wrote:I could make a skylands world for you in worldpainter if you want.
Thanks, but a custom skylands worldgen plugin was installed about a week back.

And proto, the one thing I fear is that you guys just stash diamond and iron blocks all over the place...if you can tell me you won't do that I'll OP you.
Tiel, I've run a server before, and I can tell you that my old server was destroyed by my ops doing just that (except with TNT, which ends much worse) so I won't do that, and if I do use iron blocks or anything, they will either be un obtainable or destroyed.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:27 am

Okay.

I'll do it when I get home, school webfilter blocks le access.

Also, anyone who helps build the server will get moderator status upon launch. No, it's not what you think it is.

Essentially, when people /help HELP ME you'll get 'HELP ME' as a message and can then enter 'Duty' mode, with /ban, /kick, and the ability to warp to any of the spawn points. There will be no item spawning or the like, no /tp (maybe /tpa, we'll see), but the day before launch you will have the opportunity to build a personal ship of the 'Corsair' tonnage (7 block move speed, 3 cannons, 1 torpedo, 400 block max) with whatever blocks you see fit. I would make some sort of rule against having a solid Emerald frigate or something, but your build would have to be airworthy and that requires like 90% wool to my knowledge. No storage containers allowed.

Oh, and you get a snazzy yellow name plus exclusive access to /kittycannon :3
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:13 pm

If I can get OP, i can build some stuffz for ye.

And I ask because I've no desire to play unfairly (no fun) or to abuse power (again, no fun).
I'd do it without the offer of Mods, too. i just figure i can help the future community better as a moderation d00d.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:02 pm

If you get into any battles, you are hereby required to document them with no less than twelve (12) screenshots and post said screenshots in full on the forum.

Avedit: Off topic.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:10 pm

I don't think everyone who helps build ports should be an automatic mod. I'm willing to bet half of the forum members would, either accidentally or intentionally, turn it into a Badmincraft server.

Unrelated: Do I get to warn LJS for offtopicness?!?!?!

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:14 pm

True. The idea is that by entering duty mode, the server sends a message to console.

When I get the website set up for the server, moderators ingame will by no means be such in the forum as well, meaning anyone can appeal their case and have the log checked for abuse of privileges given.

The question would be - why risk it in the first place?

It's a valid point. Why bother appointing people to positions of power when I can't be sure they'll act with discretion and fairness? Hmm.

And please do, he's had it coming for a while.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:33 pm

If you'd like I can give you a list of forum members I'd trust as mods. It's pretty short, though.

You'd only be on it because you want to kill madrealms so badly C:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:50 pm

My intent here isn't to make a cheap Chinese knockoff of The Skylands Pirates. I think it's a unique type of server that was successfully pulled off by Madrealm's former owner for the first time, but then very much ruined by the current's staff distasteful attitude towards players. My goal is to create a well-rounded Skylands server, one without badmins galore, one without the extreme lag presented by having the server in Germany, and one without noobs stealing my ship while I'm building it.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:57 pm

We are inevitably going to get all the madrealms rejects that were banned for stealing ships.
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:10 pm

They'll have a hard time doing the same here.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:Unrelated: Do I get to warn LJS for offtopicness?!?!?!
For what, exactly? You have a server with ships, yes? To fight battles, yes? Posting in the thread about the server with the ships that you should take pictures of the battles on the server is in no way off the topic of the thread.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:43 pm

hyperlite wrote:We are inevitably going to get all the madrealms rejects that were banned for stealing ships.
Well I fit under that category, the best way to prevent people from stealing ships is to make it feasible for them to make their own.
People only stole in mad realms because they had no other option, Zothen managed to design a system that totally screws you over when you make the slightest mistake.

So there should be some way of feasibly earning enough money to buy just enough wool to make a ship, that and bridges to other islands so people can gather resources.

Also, people can kill others in protected areas by parking their ship on top of them and suffocating them, which was a problem on mad realms as it allowed people to kill others and steal their stuff without getting banned, we need a rule against that.

If we make it possible for players with nothing to acquire materials, we won't have the whole desperation crime system that mad realms has (where the players with big ships kill new players instantly, causing them to lose their stuff, and they eventually end up stealing the big ship, the players with the big ship cry for the admin, who bans the desperate players, and allows the cycle to repeat)
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Dux_Tell31
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Tellrim
IGN:tell31

Post by Dux_Tell31 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:43 pm

Tiel wrote:Okay.

I'll do it when I get home, school webfilter blocks le access.

Also, anyone who helps build the server will get moderator status upon launch. No, it's not what you think it is.

Essentially, when people /help HELP ME you'll get 'HELP ME' as a message and can then enter 'Duty' mode, with /ban, /kick, and the ability to warp to any of the spawn points. There will be no item spawning or the like, no /tp (maybe /tpa, we'll see), but the day before launch you will have the opportunity to build a personal ship of the 'Corsair' tonnage (7 block move speed, 3 cannons, 1 torpedo, 400 block max) with whatever blocks you see fit. I would make some sort of rule against having a solid Emerald frigate or something, but your build would have to be airworthy and that requires like 90% wool to my knowledge. No storage containers allowed.

Oh, and you get a snazzy yellow name plus exclusive access to /kittycannon :3
I'll take you up on that offer! <:)
Also you can trust me with moderator stats because I have run several servers before and know that amount of time and effort it takes to make one truly successful like your trying to do here. Another reason I think you should trust me is that I've been supporting future craft from almost the very beginning. So I'm not willing to mess-up my relationship with you all over something stupid on your server.
Last edited by Dux_Tell31 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is Minecraft, sir. We don't make physics, we ruin them." -Fr0stbyte124
"We are made of the elements out in space, in essense we are the universe discovering itself" -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Prototype wrote:
hyperlite wrote:We are inevitably going to get all the madrealms rejects that were banned for stealing ships.
Well I fit under that category, the best way to prevent people from stealing ships is to make it feasible for them to make their own.
People only stole in mad realms because they had no other option, Zothen managed to design a system that totally screws you over when you make the slightest mistake.

So there should be some way of feasibly earning enough money to buy just enough wool to make a ship, that and bridges to other islands so people can gather resources.

Also, people can kill others in protected areas by parking their ship on top of them and suffocating them, which was a problem on mad realms as it allowed people to kill others and steal their stuff without getting banned, we need a rule against that.

If we make it possible for players with nothing to acquire materials, we won't have the whole desperation crime system that mad realms has (where the players with big ships kill new players instantly, causing them to lose their stuff, and they eventually end up stealing the big ship, the players with the big ship cry for the admin, who bans the desperate players, and allows the cycle to repeat)
There's a bridge to an area in Port Dawn that's exclusively intended for getting back on your feet...the problem there was, that thieves stole noob's ships, and they think it's then OK to do the same to others. As far as shipbuilding is concerned, the system I have up is without issue as far as I can tell (renting a build area with money), and a series of bridges will link the ports together, brushing up against neighboring islands in the process.

Also, it was against the rules on madrealms to attempt to initiate PVP in PD. Well, using a loose definition of 'rules' as anything Zothen chose to implement on the spot. Again, the piers here are a lot differently designed than those on TSP.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]