Flan's mod

Anything about the game. Maps, mods, servers, etc.
Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: Flan's mod

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:16 am

Hmmm, perhaps make a copy of the flight code, and have the x y and z momentum automatically zero, like with the THX helicopter, maybe with factor of gravity against lift (so you would have to get the engines running first) and have that as a hover mode, and allow a model to switch between the two flight modes?

Not entirely sure how to do this, time I learnt java and how to use MCP
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Prototype wrote:Hmmm, perhaps make a copy of the flight code, and have the x y and z momentum automatically zero, like with the THX helicopter, maybe with factor of gravity against lift (so you would have to get the engines running first) and have that as a hover mode, and allow a model to switch between the two flight modes?

Yeah, but it would involve actually coding a new mod. You can't just use Flan's API to do it like you could with a plane. If you want to make a hovering mod, that's great and it would be useful, but it's a very different thing from what I though we were doing.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:54 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Prototype wrote:Hmmm, perhaps make a copy of the flight code, and have the x y and z momentum automatically zero, like with the THX helicopter, maybe with factor of gravity against lift (so you would have to get the engines running first) and have that as a hover mode, and allow a model to switch between the two flight modes?

Yeah, but it would involve actually coding a new mod. You can't just use Flan's API to do it like you could with a plane. If you want to make a hovering mod, that's great and it would be useful, but it's a very different thing from what I though we were doing.

It is different, it's just if we want to be a bit ambitious, I reckon I could try and take the momentum zeroing function of the THX helicopter mod and stick it onto Flans mod, somehow, I used to do stuff like this with scripts on ROBLOX, only this is more complex, but we should probably stick to normal flans mod for now, otherwise nothing will get done.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Retexture a biplane to look like a spaceship!
Nub1: "y doz u spaceship haz propelah in fron?"
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Prototype wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:

It is different, it's just if we want to be a bit ambitious, I reckon I could try and take the momentum zeroing function of the THX helicopter mod and stick it onto Flans mod, somehow, I used to do stuff like this with scripts on ROBLOX, only this is more complex, but we should probably stick to normal flans mod for now, otherwise nothing will get done.
Using other people's code without permission is illegal. Although, I would like to see a Futurecraft Flan-pack.
This is a signature.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:55 am

I've almost got a decent hovering system in place, if I can actually do this I will speak to flan before releasing anything, theoxyolo as well, for I'm trying to reverse engineer his code, and seeing as I'm carp at java, I might have to copy things.

If I can make this work, I will add toasters gunship
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:00 pm

Prototype wrote:I've almost got a decent hovering system in place, if I can actually do this I will speak to flan before releasing anything, theoxyolo as well, for I'm trying to reverse engineer his code, and seeing as I'm Image at java, I might have to copy things.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:07 pm

Tiel wrote:
Prototype wrote:I've almost got a decent hovering system in place, if I can actually do this I will speak to flan before releasing anything, theoxyolo as well, for I'm trying to reverse engineer his code, and seeing as I'm Image at java, I might have to copy things.
For once I actually meant to write that
Spoiler:

Spoiler: