Flan's mod

Anything about the game. Maps, mods, servers, etc.
Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: Flan's mod

Post by Prototype » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:You could also just monitor Minecraft SMP, that´s where Manus and all the other awesome modellers update their stuff and Manus also is pretty quick with reposting Flan´s updates on the mod.
Minecraft SMP is what makes flans mod great, Not to mention it actually tells you how to make content for the mod, we should have a pop at making a futurecraft pack (I still have a bunch of old techne files) all we need is someone who is good at textures and someone who can do MCP without raging
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:24 pm

But raging makes life worth living, After smashing few things you feel pretty awesome.

Also just watch, As soon as Flans mod come sout MC will update to 1.4.5.2 or some shit for some SUPERULTRAMINOR ignorable bug.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:57 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Prototype wrote:It's about bloody time, all I need is flan to get off his as and update, Blakmajik to get off his ass and update zeppelin, and SDK to get off his ass and update, then I shall conquer the (minecraft) world
Right? These guys take forever to update. Who does that?

Does no one get this? Or did no one care to respond?
Spoiler:

Alduin
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Dovan Empire

Post by Alduin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:57 pm

i think flans mod is good, but futurecraft will be better if its ever released, and hopefully will update quicker than flans mod
Nickname:Emperor_Revan(and roleplay)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:02 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... li0M9glY#!

Here is a very nice video an admin on Manus's forums posted about flan's mod and models. It would look a lot better if the tank tracks moved, but other than that very nice.
(Not his fault they don't move, no way to fix that himself.)
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:55 am

That's pretty nice.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:17 am

Prototype wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:You could also just monitor Minecraft SMP, that´s where Manus and all the other awesome modellers update their stuff and Manus also is pretty quick with reposting Flan´s updates on the mod.
Minecraft SMP is what makes flans mod great, Not to mention it actually tells you how to make content for the mod, we should have a pop at making a futurecraft pack (I still have a bunch of old techne files) all we need is someone who is good at textures and someone who can do MCP without raging
Not me then.
I don´t have any idea how to operate that stuff.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:00 am

Excellent. I shall be able to rule once again!!!!
This is a signature.

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:03 am

Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Not me then.
I don´t have any idea how to operate that stuff.
If you give me the model files and tell me how to open them in Photoshop, I'll do the textures. Most of the coding would be simple copy-paste of Flan's code, unless we feel like doing anything fancy.
This is a signature.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:23 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
If you give me the model files and tell me how to open them in Photoshop, I'll do the textures. Most of the coding would be simple copy-paste of Flan's code, unless we feel like doing anything fancy.
I'll see what I can do about model files, and I can try and track down burnt toaster, see if he wants his gunship thing put in.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:27 am

I have already made most of a pack for it (I posted on the forum a while back, but didn't get much response), but I've never made it available for download anywhere. It was called the Complex Parts Pack, designed to replace Flan's Simple Parts Pack. It added far more stages to crafting something like a tank, and in general made it more expensive. For example, with the Simple Parts Pack, you craft a tank body out of some iron and redstone, all in one step. With the CPP, you craft armor plate out of iron, an armored window out of armor plate and glass, a hatch out of armor plate and iron, and a chair out of iron and leather, and then craft all that into a tank body. It made stuff a bit more realistic. The issue with it was that it was kinda aimed at Manus's pack. His models area amazing, but IMO his recipes kinda suck. So I added stuff like an anti-aircraft turret for his flakpanzer. I didn't add any vehicles or weapons or stuff, although I've made weapons before, too. So I have some experience at least with making stuff in his mod and texturing parts. I will help with the FC pack if needed. I've never tried to make a new vehicle that wasn't a copy of another one.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:40 am

Actually, we could put that to use, I'm having a go at doing the coding part of making vehicles, and I have some prototype models of a tank and a fighter like on of the ones I posted on the old forum.

If we at to do this we would nee everyone we can get, I can supply models, mack could so textures, and Jedi, you think you could be any good at recipes and stuff?

Perhaps we could use this as practise of sorts or actually adding fighters and stuff into the mod, we could also have a go at doing some turrets, if we are half competent at doing this.

Also if we want to be a bit ambitious, perhaps we could make some sort of VTOL gunship with rotatin engine nacelles, and hover and fly modes, I have no idea how to actually do this, but this could be an idea for FC
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:13 am

Prototype wrote:Also if we want to be a bit ambitious, perhaps we could make some sort of VTOL gunship with rotatin engine nacelles, and hover and fly modes, I have no idea how to actually do this, but this could be an idea for FC
It would be cool, but as of the current release Flan's Mod can't do that. It doesn't know how to deal with helicopters and hovering, which is why the helicopters fly exactly like the planes.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:18 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Prototype wrote:Also if we want to be a bit ambitious, perhaps we could make some sort of VTOL gunship with rotatin engine nacelles, and hover and fly modes, I have no idea how to actually do this, but this could be an idea for FC
It would be cool, but as of the current release Flan's Mod can't do that. It doesn't know how to deal with helicopters and hovering, which is why the helicopters fly exactly like the planes.
I remember seeing somewhere that aparently there is a way to make helicopters work with flans mod, but you have to edit the .class files of the base mod, the only way you can get anything helicopter like is to have a really low take off speed.

But lik I said, actual VTOL is a little ambitious, but I think I remember Flan posting something about helicopters, so possible when he updates
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:47 am

Prototype wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
I remember seeing somewhere that aparently there is a way to make helicopters work with flans mod, but you have to edit the .class files of the base mod, the only way you can get anything helicopter like is to have a really low take off speed.

But lik I said, actual VTOL is a little ambitious, but I think I remember Flan posting something about helicopters, so possible when he updates
It's perfectly possible to make helicopters. There are a number of them on Minecraft SMP. They just fly like planes. It's the hovering that's impossible, as far as I know. Editing the .class files will, of course, let you do anything, including all of Futurecraft if you edit them enough.