FC official server

Anything about the game. Maps, mods, servers, etc.
ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225
Re: FC official server

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:44 pm

@cats
Despite it being a single sentence, it still should have been read. Kind of an important sentence, being the only one.

I think Proto said he was looking at hosts with the intention of making a modded multiplayer survival with a community.

As for the files, I felt it was so obvious that if there was no launcher it would be a collected drag and drop file that I didn't need to state it outright. Apparently I was wrong, but I'll say it here; there will be a way for people to install it. It might be a drag and drop mod pack file, it might be an installer. We will see.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:47 pm

Mercury Steam wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:I was thinking RedPower because of all the nifty shit it adds. As for a launcher, I might attempt to learn how to make one, but no promises that I will/will be able to.

We do need mod suggestions; if you know any good sci-fi mods, or mods in general, please suggest them.

@catsonmeth please read the OP where it says it will be public; most people are going to be survival.
You're referring me to that less-than-a-sentence of the OP, which is essentially a list of mods, for as much information as you supplied in that post and several posts prior. Avenger's server was open to the public, too. The only ones that will play survival are new people, anyone that matters will spend most of the time in creative if it works out anything like Avenger's did.

Then again, if we have a halfway decent host, advertise on Flan's page, and actually establish some well-built areas, we might get a stable community with more than just us.

If we have a shitton of mods that need manual installation, it'll just be an annoyance and deter people from joining. Most know how to drag and drop files into their minecraft folder. We can weed out assholes later.
No. Just no. This server is going to be like the old server but with our mods and us hosting it so hopefully it won't go to shit. It will be in survival because that's the most fun (In my opinion) (Also creative is boring), I just hope the ops don't spawn in anything. I suggested the spaceship world because that's basically what futurecraft was founded on and I see no reason to not have it.

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:49 pm

@Proto
This is the thing you need to have bukkit and forge work together http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=5490.0
Also if you need help with perms just ask.
---------------------
EDIT:
Nvm, its called Cauldron and heres the link http://files.minecraftforge.net/Cauldron/

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Tell wrote:
Mercury Steam wrote:
You're referring me to that less-than-a-sentence of the OP, which is essentially a list of mods, for as much information as you supplied in that post and several posts prior. Avenger's server was open to the public, too. The only ones that will play survival are new people, anyone that matters will spend most of the time in creative if it works out anything like Avenger's did.

Then again, if we have a halfway decent host, advertise on Flan's page, and actually establish some well-built areas, we might get a stable community with more than just us.

If we have a shitton of mods that need manual installation, it'll just be an annoyance and deter people from joining. Most know how to drag and drop files into their minecraft folder. We can weed out assholes later.
No. Just no. This server is going to be like the old server but with our mods and us hosting it so hopefully it won't go to shit. It will be in survival because that's the most fun (In my opinion) (Also creative is boring), I just hope the ops don't spawn in anything. I suggested the spaceship world because that's basically what futurecraft was founded on and I see no reason to not have it.
Nop. It's a public survival server, like anyone can join public. We will adverize for it and everything. Think Monorisu.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:14 pm

I made this:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:15 pm

If we our going to add in flans we will need some serious setting changes to avoid a monorisu map. Being able to decimate a Texas sized area with an infinite ammo helichopper is not fun for serious faction warfare or any kind of building.

If we do succeed in running this we should find someone to retexture all that shit into a unified FCy look so it doesn't look like FTB/Techic.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:27 pm

What
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Mercury Steam wrote:What
Lotsve big explosives = no bedroom

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:55 pm

Shadowcat wrote:If we our going to add in flans we will need some serious setting changes to avoid a monorisu map. Being able to decimate a Texas sized area with an infinite ammo helichopper is not fun for serious faction warfare or any kind of building.

If we do succeed in running this we should find someone to retexture all that shit into a unified FCy look so it doesn't look like FTB/Techic.
Flans was never the problem there; even the Lanc can only damage a small area. It's MCheli that is the problem, but they are getting an update soon with ammo. Even then, we can disable MCheli block damage.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:53 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:If we our going to add in flans we will need some serious setting changes to avoid a monorisu map. Being able to decimate a Texas sized area with an infinite ammo helichopper is not fun for serious faction warfare or any kind of building.

Flans was never the problem there; even the Lanc can only damage a small area. It's MCheli that is the problem, but they are getting an update soon with ammo. Even then, we can disable MCheli block damage.
Ah, that explains why those vehicles felt so off from flans.
Good good, infinite ammo is bad.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:47 am

If you're looking at sci-fi military might I suggest Modular Powersuits?

It basically allows players to build powered armor with a wide variety of tools and stuff, from jetpacks to mining equipment to a plasma cannon (Arm mounted)

Depending on the other mods installed, it can get pretty expensive, though it may be a bit overpowered. Your decision I guess; just informing you of it.

Regardless, looking forward to the official FC server.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:13 am

I think we should include a creative world, but you have to apply on here for the perms to do anything here.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Some more. We need suggestions, lots of suggestions. Find some good mods. Then make up a pack.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... -and-doors very nifty
considered dimensional doors
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... o-the-game works in starbound at least
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... rce-fields a personal favorite
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... ds-updated I always liked biosphere, but I wouldn't really recommend it here
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:04 am

One other thing we need to discuss is plugins.

Now like it or hate it, I think factions is a must, as it gives players a way to protect their shit, and takes some of the venom out of the sadist raiding community Monorisu tended to attract.

We also need world edit, multiple worlds, ranks (to distinguish filthy commoners from glorious FC master race), and whatever Avenger was using to stop people building in the creative world until they were white listed.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:13 am

prototype wrote:One other thing we need to discuss is plugins.

Now like it or hate it, I think factions is a must, as it gives players a way to protect their shit, and takes some of the venom out of the sadist raiding community Monorisu tended to attract.

We also need world edit, multiple worlds, ranks (to distinguish filthy commoners from glorious FC master race), and whatever Avenger was using to stop people building in the creative world until they were white listed.
I agree with all these^

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler: