FC official server

Anything about the game. Maps, mods, servers, etc.
ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225
Re: FC official server

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:10 am

Just to clear things up.

Yes, as things are planned, the server WILL BE MODDED.

NOT ALL OF THE MODS I PRESENT HERE WILL BE ADDED. THEY ARE SUGGESTIONS. PROTO MAKES THE FINAL DECISION.

Please suggest mods of your own, but note that this server will probably have a more military/sci-fi theme. Any suggestion is welcome though.

@CMA as Proto stated, we will probably be using paid hosting. Thanks for the offer though.

Additionally, idk if there will be ship building space. It's up to Proto, since he is paying for it, but idk.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:17 am

Hm. Could be funsies. Not sure about other mods, though...

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:51 am

As long as theres buildcraft and thermal expansion I'm happy. I will also volunteer myself to but together a sphax's texturepack together when we decide on the mods.

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:37 am

I also recommend mcprohosting. https://mcprohosting.com

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:22 pm

If we're going to be knee-deep in mods, might as well just go ahead and find a pack to use unless someone can make a proper launcher. Flan's with Proto's pack (or MCheli (?)) is the only important thing. Most people aren't going to be playing survival. I'd recommend Redpower for its Microblocks feature (or something like it) for detailing.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:28 pm

I was thinking RedPower because of all the nifty shit it adds. As for a launcher, I might attempt to learn how to make one, but no promises that I will/will be able to.

We do need mod suggestions; if you know any good sci-fi mods, or mods in general, please suggest them.

@catsonmeth please read the OP where it says it will be public; most people are going to be survival.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Drag and drop install seems to work. So if we can't get a launcher working we just package the files and list instructions. Helps keep the morons out.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:08 pm

prototype wrote:Drag and drop install seems to work. So if we can't get a launcher working we just package the files and list instructions. Helps keep the morons out.
This, it's easy to put together. Back when I tried making a post-apocalyptic modpack I figure out how to do it.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:13 pm

I might be able to put together a launcher. All I would have to do is put together so mods, so a little magic and bingo, just import it into the technic launcher and you can play it. Of course I would need a list of mods...

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Tell wrote:I might be able to put together a launcher. All I would have to do is put together so mods, so a little magic and bingo, just import it into the technic launcher and you can play it. Of course I would need a list of mods...
That's assuming you have permission and compatibility. Also, I'd prefer being able to weed out the retards with a slightly 'technical' installation process.

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:20 pm

CMA wrote:
Tell wrote:I might be able to put together a launcher. All I would have to do is put together so mods, so a little magic and bingo, just import it into the technic launcher and you can play it. Of course I would need a list of mods...
That's assuming you have permission and compatibility. Also, I'd prefer being able to weed out the retards with a slightly 'technical' installation process.
I do see your point.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:26 pm

CMA wrote:
As we have seen with Monorisu, this method seldom works; they get in anyways.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:26 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
CMA wrote:
As we have seen with Monorisu, this method seldom works; they get in anyways.
Yeah, but at least they can read. Also, monorisu basically encouraged assholes, I'd prefer a semi-cooperative server.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:35 pm

ACH0225 wrote:I was thinking RedPower because of all the nifty shit it adds. As for a launcher, I might attempt to learn how to make one, but no promises that I will/will be able to.

We do need mod suggestions; if you know any good sci-fi mods, or mods in general, please suggest them.

@catsonmeth please read the OP where it says it will be public; most people are going to be survival.
You're referring me to that less-than-a-sentence of the OP, which is essentially a list of mods, for as much information as you supplied in that post and several posts prior. Avenger's server was open to the public, too. The only ones that will play survival are new people, anyone that matters will spend most of the time in creative if it works out anything like Avenger's did.

Then again, if we have a halfway decent host, advertise on Flan's page, and actually establish some well-built areas, we might get a stable community with more than just us.

If we have a shitton of mods that need manual installation, it'll just be an annoyance and deter people from joining. Most know how to drag and drop files into their minecraft folder. We can weed out assholes later.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:41 pm

My biggest worry with using a lot of mods is bugs and conflicts. Packaging everything in a .zip is fine as long as it doesn't conflict.

I can also stick it up on Planet minecraft, as a link from my page there. When I release updates that'll get a tonne of attention.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler: