I'm sorry but this is a question I must ask

Anything about the game. Maps, mods, servers, etc.

Is there a mass exodus from Minecraft?

Yes. Minecraft is slowly dying.
54%
No. Minecraft is doing just fine.
46%

Total votes: 13

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth
Re: I'm sorry but this is a question I must ask

Post by Saravanth » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:10 pm

Get used to punctuation (and purposeful lack thereof), Iv. And now, back on topic.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:24 pm

I think Iv has a point. Minecraft is still selling, there are lots of active players and those who got bored would propably get back to MC right away when they hear about FC and would generally be interested.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:48 pm

MC is still alive, certainly, but the playerbase seems to be shifting from vanilla and/or traditonalists to more mod-oriented servers and the like.

And apparently the playerbase is losing maturity, too.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:59 pm

I guess that the maturity of the playerbase generally decreases the longer a game is out.
Or it's just that once your experience reached a point where you can call yourself a veteran player, you notice the immature players a lot more.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Kzin wrote:
Iv121 wrote:Though an interesting fact is that contrary to what you veterans of MC feel (as the result of the phenomenon on top) there are more and more ppl buying MC and those who bought it around release are apparently not tired of it yet.
Iv, you can't just wander into a thread and say everyone in it is wrong. You have to provide evidence and support for such an assertion.
And arguably people cant just make a statement without backing it up. So its word against word here.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Shadowcat wrote:
Kzin wrote:
Iv121 wrote:Though an interesting fact is that contrary to what you veterans of MC feel (as the result of the phenomenon on top) there are more and more ppl buying MC and those who bought it around release are apparently not tired of it yet.
Iv, you can't just wander into a thread and say everyone in it is wrong. You have to provide evidence and support for such an assertion.
And arguably people cant just make a statement without backing it up. So its word against word here.
Not really. Anyone has the power to make a statement based on opinion or personal knowledge, but if you're going to try to go and criticize one, never mind five at once, it's rather prudent to have evidence backing you up. Attempting to contradict someone without it, as our jewish friend did, is fruitless at best, antagonistic at worst.

Anyway, I find the best way to deal with trolls is to just ignore them.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:52 pm

I think minecraft is slowly becoming less popular, but I wouldn't quite go as far as saying it's dying, at the moment. I, personally, am a fan of many of the FTB modpacks, which in my opinion, can be fun. I would also like to see an FC FTB mod server *hint hint*

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:58 pm

Novelty only gets them so far, eventually people get bored of new stuff so the only ones left are those that lose their shit when a new mob is released (the younger people). That might be okay for the company, but veteran players and older people suffer from the Call-of-Duty-ing of the playerbase. When there are infinite things to do in a medium, a person just gets bored of the medium.

Unless that person is Dwight K. Schrute.

The man loves his paper.

If they changed the fundamentals, maybe added some kind of physics engine or something...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:00 pm

catsonmeth wrote:If they changed the fundamentals, maybe added some kind of physics engine or something...
There was, at one point a mod for that. I don't know if there still is.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Minecraft served its purpose. All of its purposes, in fact. It was a more or less totally new kind of game that did very well and made its creator very rich; it would be nice for it to still be widely played decades later, but that's not at all necessary and really somewhat counterproductive to the overall advancement and improvement of sandbox-style videogames. I don't think playing any single game really heavily for years on end does much for anyone. If that's your thing, fine, but there are so many games to play. I can't think of anyone who loses if the majority of Minecraft's fanbase starts to play other games, except maybe Jeb and co, and really, ask me how much I care about them.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:02 pm

How much do you care about them?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:34 am

Chairman Tiel wrote:
Shadowcat wrote: And arguably people cant just make a statement without backing it up. So its word against word here.
Not really. Anyone has the power to make a statement based on opinion or personal knowledge, but if you're going to try to go and criticize one, never mind five at once, it's rather prudent to have evidence backing you up. Attempting to contradict someone without it, as our jewish friend did, is fruitless at best, antagonistic at worst.

Anyway, I find the best way to deal with trolls is to just ignore them.
I didn't criticize any opinion in this topic, I just stated mine, however I criticize your shameless assault on my opinion for the only reason that I stated it, LJs could've written it for so many posts with the same content that came before me apart and the fact he chose me specifically says something, you too Tiel continued the assault simply because you saw Iv in the post, that is shameless on your part. Not only this but you continue with comments at the man in there, for what ? That I said what Ivan said above for example ? And countless others before ?
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:20 am

catsonmeth wrote:How much do you care about them?
Dammit that's my line.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:26 am

If I went back in time to myself three years ago, and told myself that in three years, I would no longer be obsessed with Minecraft, my thirteen year old self would be like "wtf am I going to do with my life?". Here I am now... Anyone else thinking the same?
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:04 am

I do think minecraft has show exactly how much potential the infinite sandbox game has. Mix that with a strategy warfare and you can print money.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler: