Something amazing happened today

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists
Re: Something amazing happened today

Post by CMA » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:27 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:Today, the Demon Baby tried to delete all the contents of my database and then replace it with an identical copy, but it couldn't because the change packet was too large to buffer, so it settled on corrupting the conflicts table instead.
What on earth have you created.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:22 am

"Demon Baby" - The name says it ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:45 am

are you trying to make a booking software or an evidence destroyer?
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:52 am

Ivan2006 wrote:are you trying to make a booking software or an evidence destroyer?
Neither, he's trying to make Demon Baby.

Also, can we be used as a testing group to test le demon baby or does fr0st have to work only with company owned interns?
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:57 am

ACH0225 wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:are you trying to make a booking software or an evidence destroyer?
Both and more, he made a Demon Baby.

Also, can we be used as a "testing group" to "test" le demon baby or does fr0st have to work only with company owned cultists?
FTFY

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:58 pm

Destroy it before it becomes sentient
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:23 am

ACH0225 wrote:

Also, can we be used as a testing group to test le demon baby or does fr0st have to work only with company owned interns?
We don't test on interns. We test it on our customers. Right now I have more beta requests than I can keep up with. Everyone is really impatient to get this thing, so they are volunteering for it even though it is still critically unstable. I'm wondering how many truly comprehend what that means.

I made a ton of progress this week. If I can keep up the pace, I might have a little breathing room for the first time in months. I really want to get back to FC.
Oh, btw, we will be doing some collaboration with MetaWorlds. The main thing is getting the collision algorithms up to par, but I am hoping we can direct the mod towards a point where the core is compatible with Copernicus.

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:45 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

We don't test on interns. We test it on our customers. Right now I have more beta requests than I can keep up with. Everyone is really impatient to get this thing, so they are volunteering for it even though it is still critically unstable. I'm wondering how many truly comprehend what that means.

I made a ton of progress this week. If I can keep up the pace, I might have a little breathing room for the first time in months. I really want to get back to FC.
Oh, btw, we will be doing some collaboration with MetaWorlds. The main thing is getting the collision algorithms up to par, but I am hoping we can direct the mod towards a point where the core is compatible with Copernicus.
Have you talked to the guy at all? Is he willing to share/has he shared the source code?
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:15 pm

CMA wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

Have you talked to the guy at all? Is he willing to share/has he shared the source code?
IIRC the guy wanted people to make third party extensions of it. I don't use it much though as it causes mega fuckups with Flans mod, but not the part we might actually want for FC.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:00 pm

ALL TEH NECROEZ

So did Demon Baby redaemonize (@#$% you, that's a word) or something? What's the current news?
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:19 am

Mistake Not... wrote:ALL TEH NECROEZ

Who are you and what have you done with Jedi?
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:22 am

Fr0st finished his job project, the one he's been working on for the past year or so. Dealt with data entry iirc.

Baby thing is just people being silly.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]