Discussion of anything and evrything that fits in the rules

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112
Re: I'm out.

Post by Solar112 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:19 pm

Iv121 wrote:Well most people would like to see you here, but if it is your resolve I respect it and so should Luna do.
Listen to this guy.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:26 pm

I know what's going on here...

If you wish to leave I'll respect that, I don't like it but I cannot do anything to stop that.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:31 pm

Though I wonder why no Solar ? What changed ?
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Yeesh guys. Just let him go. Maybe I should too, now that I think about it. See you all.

PM me on Minecraft Forums or steam if you need me. Tell me if you guys learn java, then I'd be happy to rejoin the community. Until then, bye.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:07 pm

Well, fuck.

Some of the best members of the community are leaving. This is disconcerting, to say the least.

Also, Solar, I definitely think of you as a friend. And I'm sure many of the rest of us do. Please, stay.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:43 pm

If you want to go solar, fine. Leave us. You too Keon.

It was an honor being here with you.

This is one of the few communities where I can create stories, RP, etc. None of my friends do so anymore, and other communities are simply too large and unpredictable. That's why I stayed, when everything else is going to hell.

I don't want you to leave, but we can't force you to do anything.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:55 pm

You know what? This isn't about the mod, Keon.

You and I both well know that the mod will NEVER be made. It was a grand idea, but the mod is simply unfeasible with our manpower and time span. It's never coming out. You, and I, and EVERYONE else knows that. And we stayed. Why?

Because we see something in each other that we have in ourselves. Because we work well together. Because we UNDERSTAND each other. We respect each other. Of any internet forum ever in existence, this is one of the few where this happens.

We all have a passion for space. If you deny that, get out. You never would have been here in the first place if you didn't have a passion for space, and sci-fi, and whatever. And you have stuck this long. Why quit now? Why sever all ties with the people you have collaborated with, and talked with, and gotten to know? Just because there isn't a mod? Bullshit.

To everyone here; you all are the closest things to real friends that I will ever have. Those I knew from my life outside the forums? One is disillusioned, looks too far into the past, hates technology. By the day I grow more distant from him. Another is extremely annoying but has excellent ideas, yet hates me (as far as I know). Still others are too absorbed in their own lives to give two fucks about me, and everything I stand for.

As a whole, I hate my life. I hate the world. I hate the governments, the disillusioned people, the idiots, the people who can't look to the future. Those are the rich people, and those in charge. I have no hope for humanity. Please, don't leave.

You are all I have.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:14 pm

*owl hugs fen
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:41 pm

Why are you leaving anyway? Hyperlite and I still come here, even though we're fairly, well you know, insane. If everyone wants to leave, that's fine with me, but you should realize that anything in life requires effort, even something as relatively irrelevant and silly as a sparsely populated forum. Did something happen in the Skype chat or something? I really need to start checking that again.

Edit to Fenway: I know how you feel, but that's... bad, if you mean what I think you mean. PM me if you want to talk about it.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:39 pm

My post came off really attacking and harsh. You all don't deserve that. Let me explain a bit of background.

See, the thing is, my life got really busy. I'm no longer able to do everything I used to. I started high school, I took advanced classes, and it's getting harder. While it's true I really consider you all friends, I don't have the time to spend here anymore and still get good grades and stuff. If you want to stay in contact with me, you can find me on skype, steam, minecraftforums, or email, practically anywhere. I waste a lot of time here and on other forums, and that's a habit I need to get control of. I need to stop visiting this and other forums every chance I get. That's my problem, not yours.

No, nothing happened that made me upset, and I can't speak for solar. I just need to take some time off, get a handle on my life, and make sure real life takes priority. If I find that I can control my internet usage and still do real life things, I'll come back as soon as possible. If anybody needs me, I'll come back as well.

Fenway, you should look into whether your city/town has a astronomical society. Mine does, they have telescope parties and meetings where they get speakers from researchy-places and stuff. If you are into space, places like that are a great way to meet cool people. That's just my advice. The world looks bad, but it always has some good parts.

I'll see everybody around. I want to make it clear that I'm not completely isolating you all or something; if you wanna play tf2 or minecraft sometime, get in touch, I'm still here. The only problem is that I need to take a breath and walk away from this stuff for a while. It's not just you, either. I need to step away from reddit and mcforums and youtube and everything. I need to step away, fix the problems, and work on a solution before it's too late to fix my life. I'm sorry to everybody if you feel like I'm abandoning you or that I hate you or that I somehow view you as less than human or whatever. I don't. You are some of the most amazing people on the internet or real life.

I hope to see you all soon.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:43 pm

@Fen: (>TT)>
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:57 am

What Fenway said.
Only slightly less feels.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 am

Aww. Solar, Y U leave? It wasn't just Luna like you thought. You were quite popular AFAIK.
Also what Fenway said, yes, with all the feels.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:32 am

Professor Fenway wrote:You and I both well know that the mod will NEVER be made. It was a grand idea, but the mod is simply unfeasible with our manpower and time span. It's never coming out. You, and I, and EVERYONE else knows that.
...I didn't know that... :[

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:44 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Professor Fenway wrote:You and I both well know that the mod will NEVER be made. It was a grand idea, but the mod is simply unfeasible with our manpower and time span. It's never coming out. You, and I, and EVERYONE else knows that.
...I didn't know that... :[
Well, it MIGHT be made eventually, but noone actually has any idea as to when that would be.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied