Star Wars LEGOs

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Re: Star Wars LEGOs

Post by  ҉  » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:44 pm

This giant, beautiful AT-AT is the eleventh most supported project on LEGO CUUSOO.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:15 am

There are pictures (well, picture) of a large Sandcrawler on Brickipedia. Supposedly the May the Fourth set this year will be a Slave I.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:45 pm

The Clone Wars(II) was the best movie and I thoroughly enjoyed the Holiday Special they aired in the 70s
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:32 pm

ACH0225 wrote:The Clone Wars(II) was the best movie and I thoroughly enjoyed the Holiday Special they aired in the 70s
You mean Attack of the Clones, not The Clone Wars. I liked Revenge of the Sith more. And no, you didn't. Saying that doesn't even work as a troll. It simply isn't believable.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:38 pm

I swear to you, I loved it. I found the scenes with Chewbaca's family heartwarming and the whole thing to be far superior to the movies. They should have all been like the Holiday Special. I hope 7+ are more like it.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:51 pm

It's been a while, but here we go.

First off, the Star Wars Day promotional figure this year is Darth Revan. Yes, I know. No, I'm not joking. Revan. This is Sith Revan with the mask. He has maybe a little bit more red in his robes than I'd prefer, but... Revan. Don't miss him.

Second, that Sandcrawler is the Star Wars Day set this year. It looks huge, even bigger than the previous one, which seems about right given that it's theoretically equivalent to that UCS X-wing. Information about it is on lego.com already, so check it out. Largely the same minifigures as before, but a lot of them have been reworked. It looks like a nice build. $300 US, though.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:46 pm

The new AT-AP is definitely nicer than the old one. There are a number of specific features that are done better, but the model also feels way more refined overall. It's a bit bigger, too, which is nice; recently most of LEGO's remakes have been smaller than the originals for some reason. Gree and Tarfful both have a ton of detail on them, and the model itself reflects that too. It also seems to be more solid. I haven't played around much with it yet, but the original has a couple of places it tends to break (interior when seating figures, for example), and those seem to have been improved in the new version. I would definitely recommend this over the original set.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri May 09, 2014 5:38 am

The updated LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary has a picture of a prototype UT-AT in the back, although they've got it labeled as an SPHA.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:52 am

How is it physically possible to confuse a UT-AT with an SPHA?
How did they do this?
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri May 09, 2014 10:02 am

Ivan2006 wrote:How is it physically possible to confuse a UT-AT with an SPHA?
How did they do this?
Hell if I know. Although neither vehicle is particularly well-known. If whoever compiled the book wasn't a Star Wars fan it could happen. It's almost certainly an error on the part of the writer rather than a problem with the actual name of that model.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri May 09, 2014 10:51 am

Kzin wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:How is it physically possible to confuse a UT-AT with an SPHA?
How did they do this?
Hell if I know. Although neither vehicle is particularly well-known. If whoever compiled the book wasn't a Star Wars fan it could happen. It's almost certainly an error on the part of the writer rather than a problem with the actual name of that model.
Is it just me or have you gotten rather irate lately?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri May 09, 2014 12:27 pm

Chairman Tiel wrote:Is it just me or have you gotten rather irate lately?
I dunno. Have I? That post wasn't meant to sound angry.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri May 09, 2014 12:31 pm

It wasn't, and you'd be justified if it was; it's kinda just a general thing I'm noticing nowadays, eg 'WTH don't we have this?'

I don't think it's disrupting the forum any but if you have some snakes in your jimmies...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat May 10, 2014 7:42 pm

Finished building the new Sandcrawler today. It's much nicer than the old one. It's not all that much bigger; you probably wouldn't notice without putting them next to each other. The build is way more sophisticated, though. The front end in particular is beautiful. The door on the old one didn't really mesh with the angled sides, so there were huger gaps--like, an inch across huge--at the bottom of it. The new one fits like a glove, and the sides also angle again at the top, which the old one didn't really have. The new one also seems to be more sturdy overall. In particular the floor in the old one had a tendency to come off when you tried to attach something to it, and the new one doesn't do that. I didn't really get this from the pictures LEGO distributed, but there are actually two cranes in it, one on a rail that extends out of the front and another that comes out of the top and pivots around. The new version lacks the huge open space that characterized the original, but it has a crate system with a hovercart to carry them and some other stuff to make up for it. The cranes have three appendages: One for grabbing crates, a claw thing, and the droid-sucker-upper from the movie. All of these go on their own little hooks inside the crawler. The minifigure selection is also awesome. I'm not sure I agree with removing the Jawa's capes, because although they don't really have capes in the movies LEGO has used capes to substitute for robes for so long (see every robed Jedi figure ever) that it would have been at least consistent with the rest of their stuff, but not having the capes is convenient. All of the droids have been substantially reworked and are much more accurate. I still think Uncle Owen's hair should be brown rather than grey, but that's OK.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat May 10, 2014 9:16 pm

Kzin wrote:Finished building the new Sandcrawler today. It's much nicer than the old one. It's not all that much bigger; you probably wouldn't notice without putting them next to each other. The build is way more sophisticated, though. The front end in particular is beautiful. The door on the old one didn't really mesh with the angled sides, so there were huger gaps--like, an inch across huge--at the bottom of it. The new one fits like a glove, and the sides also angle again at the top, which the old one didn't really have. The new one also seems to be more sturdy overall. In particular the floor in the old one had a tendency to come off when you tried to attach something to it, and the new one doesn't do that. I didn't really get this from the pictures LEGO distributed, but there are actually two cranes in it, one on a rail that extends out of the front and another that comes out of the top and pivots around. The new version lacks the huge open space that characterized the original, but it has a crate system with a hovercart to carry them and some other stuff to make up for it. The cranes have three appendages: One for grabbing crates, a claw thing, and the droid-sucker-upper from the movie. All of these go on their own little hooks inside the crawler. The minifigure selection is also awesome. I'm not sure I agree with removing the Jawa's capes, because although they don't really have capes in the movies LEGO has used capes to substitute for robes for so long (see every robed Jedi figure ever) that it would have been at least consistent with the rest of their stuff, but not having the capes is convenient. All of the droids have been substantially reworked and are much more accurate. I still think Uncle Owen's hair should be brown rather than grey, but that's OK.
Jedi, you need to start making YouTube videos about this stuff or see a psychiatrist.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]