Star Wars LEGOs

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Re: Star Wars LEGOs

Post by  ҉  » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:36 pm

prototype wrote:
Vinyl wrote:
Iv121 wrote:Somehow the SW advent calander one reminds me of the holiday special ...
Spoiler:
No, we do NOT talk about that.
A couple of months ago I sat down and watched the entire thing, start to finish, because I thought I ought to. I was wrong. Learn from my mistake, everyone who reads this. There isn't enough bleach in the world to get that out of your head.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:25 pm

I didn't even think they still had Christmas Special recordings available. Guess I was wrong.

At least I liked the Chrostmos Special, unlike all you uneducated plebeians.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:16 pm

ACH0225 wrote:I didn't even think they still had Christmas Special recordings available. Guess I was wrong.
I don't think there are any official ones. That may change, though, now that Lucas isn't in control of it anymore.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:35 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:I didn't even think they still had Christmas Special recordings available. Guess I was wrong.
I don't think there are any official ones. That may change, though, now that Lucas isn't in control of it anymore.

I didn't think anyone watching it at the time had the foresight or technology to record it, is what I mean. And even if they did, the studio crew that aired it "lost" it, and everyone else probably burned theirs.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:39 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:

I didn't think anyone watching it at the time had the foresight or technology to record it, is what I mean. And even if they did, the studio crew that aired it "lost" it, and everyone else probably burned theirs.
Oh. No, copies of it are definitely around. I borrowed it from a friend who had it burned onto a DVD, but I'm sure you could look around online and find it too. The MST3K guys released an audio file of them heckling it that was meant to be be played to sync up with the show itself, so everybody who watched that came up with a copy. Strictly speaking it's probably piracy, which of course I'm completely against, but in a situation where there isn't any official version downloading it from somewhere isn't taking anything away from the creators, so you're in the clear morally at least.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:15 am

I got the UCS Slave I yesterday and finished it today. Set looks great, but the quality of all the other bits was really low for some reason--the box arrived damaged, one of the bags was ripped open, another bag had a piece of torn paper sealed inside it, there were errors in the instruction manual (a step that traveled in time a bit, showing the next section already on the model--I've never seen that in a set from LEGO before). All very strange. No complaints about the actual build, though.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:29 am

That's something I'd expect from MEGA BLOKS, not LEGO. Odd indeed...
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:05 pm

Am I the only guy who uses / would use these kits to build entirely different stuff, with no regard for the originally intended design?

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:36 pm

Error wrote:Am I the only guy who uses / would use these kits to build entirely different stuff, with no regard for the originally intended design?
Of course not, although I can't say I personally ever saw the attraction of that.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:47 pm

Depends what you enjoy more, the journey or the destination.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:57 pm

Some say it's more the trip than the destination.

I never found it fun to build the thing once and just leave it on a shelf. Make new stuff with it. Have fun.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:16 pm

Honestly I like the feel of having accomplished something when I make a decent build on my own, and then maybe come back to it at some point and improve and tweak it, or decide to completely scuttle it and reuse the parts for something else.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:37 pm

For me, the only part that matters is how accurately the thing from Star Wars is represented. It is extremely rarely the case that I can do a better job than LEGO's builders--that's why that's their job, and today I got paid to get tick on by a cat. Occasionally I've slightly tweaked a set (removing the giant, useless bridge on the mini Executor in the UCS Death Star II, for example), but that's about it.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:50 pm

I gotta agree with Ivan and Error.
I think my favorite lego creation is not any of the "pre-designed" sets I've bought and built, but rather the lil fighter craft I made without any instructions, and later improved.
When I do build something I like, though, I usually let it stay together.

Also, I've pretty much passed on most of my lego to my 7-year-old brother, so quite few of my sets are actually still together.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:56 pm

We basically have a thing where all the LEGO in the house is sorted into categories and stored collectively, my brother stores the parts and I store the finished builds
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied