Star Wars LEGOs

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Star Wars LEGOs

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:26 pm

The instructions for the 2014 sets are available from LEGO customer service now. The new spring-launch missiles look really nice compared to previous versions-the launcher is just a 1x4 brick in light and dark grey, so it's way more subtle than the old ones, and the missiles are shaped reasonably like blaster bolts. I wish I could say the same of the handheld weapons.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Star Wars LEGOs

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:30 pm

The Coruscant Police Gunship includes two shock troopers, not just one. I think this is the first time I've ever encountered a set in which not all of the minifigures are clearly visible on the box.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:44 pm

I find it rediculous that LEGO still hasn't figured out that tri-fighters have their own neural circuits.
That's like what? The third instance LEGO put an OOM (which they also can't make different to the B1 as far as naming goes) into a tri-fighter?
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:29 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:I find it rediculous that LEGO still hasn't figured out that tri-fighters have their own neural circuits.
That's like what? The third instance LEGO put an OOM (which they also can't make different to the B1 as far as naming goes) into a tri-fighter?
They've always come with buzz droids. I don't think they've ever appeared with any other battle droid before (well, they've been in sets with Vulture droids, but you know what I mean). OOMs are physically identical to B1s, so I don't know how they're supposed to be made different. OOMs had been phased out in favor of B1s well before tri-fighters came into use in any case. The buzz droids do fit into the trifighters, which is wrong, but it's a reasonable approximation given that the buzz droids are several times larger than they ought to be and there's no way they could fit into the missiles.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:35 pm

No, what I mean is that they put an OOM into a tri-fighter, which actually pilots itself therefore actually having no cockpit.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:No, what I mean is that they put an OOM into a tri-fighter, which actually pilots itself therefore actually having no cockpit.
I'm not sure I'm fully understanding you. You're saying that LEGO puts this
into a tri-fighter to pilot it. I don't think that's ever happened. What has happened is that this
is stored inside the body of the tri-fighter instead of in the missiles, because it doesn't fit in the missile. They couldn't actually be stored inside because there is no inside, but like I said, it's about as close as they can come given the limitations of the LEGOs. I don't think anyone's saying the buzz droid actually pilots the tri-fighter.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:01 am

http://www.lego.com/en-us/starwars/prod ... o-vi/75044
At the end of the 28 second trailer, an OOM is seen jumping out of the Tri-fighter.
-or wait, that's a B1...
Quotes:
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:10 am

Ivan2006 wrote:http://www.lego.com/en-us/starwars/prod ... o-vi/75044
At the end of the 28 second trailer, an OOM is seen jumping out of the Tri-fighter.
-or wait, that's a B1...
Hmm. OK, fair enough. I hadn't watched that trailer.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:32 pm

More information out. The Phantom set looks to be about the size of a battle pack but is priced at US$25 and only has one figure, so I dunno. The snowspeeder has Luke, Dak Ralter, and a snowtrooper; the B-wing has Ten Numb, Airen Cracken (nice) and a redshirt pilot; the cantina has Luke, Han, Obi-Wan, Greedo, a sandtrooper, and 3 Bith bandmembers; the AT-AT has Veers, the driver, 2 snowtroopers and a snowtrooper commander, whatever that is; the Ghost comes with four figures who are presumably important in the Rebels series; and the Jedi Reconnaissance Fighter is now called the Jedi Hunter and includes Jek-14, an astromech, a protocol droid, and an Ithorian Jedi Master.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:11 pm

Any confirmation whether Rebels is pre or post Endor?

Wouldn't mind a show about rebel commandos at all. Katarn that s** up.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Tiel wrote:Any confirmation whether Rebels is pre or post Endor?

Wouldn't mind a show about rebel commandos at all. Katarn that s** up.
Pre-Yavin, actually. It's set around 5 BBY.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:56 pm

More pictures up. That AT-AT set is looking pretty nice. We're getting new Snowtrooper figures, with a better helmet/backpack piece and cloth kamas. The Snowtrooper Commander is only subtly different from the normal troopers, which is a nice change for once. I've only found one picture of him, but he seems to have a couple of blue marks on his chest, and that's about it. The AT-AT itself is a fairly standard minifigure-sized one, which is nice, as I don't have one of those despite the number of times they've been made. The Cantina looks pretty good too; the updated Dewback is nice, and the Bith band is solid. The Ghost set has a purple alien I don't recognize, a green Twi'lek, and a human with a lightsaber. Presumably the Rebels show will clarify those sets a bit.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:16 pm

This gave me the most incredible idea. What if they made a LEGO Star Wars MMORPG?
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:40 am

CommanderKobialka wrote:This gave me the most incredible idea. What if they made a LEGO Star Wars MMORPG?
Well, there are Lego MMORPGs and Star Wars MMORPGs, but I'm not sure they'll ever combine those two...
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:55 am

Ivan2006 wrote:
CommanderKobialka wrote:This gave me the most incredible idea. What if they made a LEGO Star Wars MMORPG?
Well, there is that Lego MMORPG and there are Star Wars MMORPGs, but I'm not sure they'll ever combine them...
FTFY because there's only one LEGO MMORPG. Unless there's more, but I highly doubt it.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe