Star Wars LEGOs

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Re: Star Wars LEGOs

Post by  ҉  » Sat May 10, 2014 9:31 pm

Shadowcat wrote:Jedi, you need to start making YouTube videos about this stuff or see a psychiatrist.
Maybe I should. That was what I told Tiel I would do if I were trying to come up with something to make a YouTube channel about. I wasn't really serious about it, but it's actually not a terrible idea.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Sat May 10, 2014 9:37 pm

Make YouTube videos of you talking to a psychologist.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed May 21, 2014 9:12 am

Been looking through the updated Visual Dictionary again. There's a picture of a tray of assorted Star Wars minifigure pieces in a workshop somewhere that has a container of torsos that haven't appeared on any figure to date. They're white torsos with kinda burnt orange arms, more like Ackbar or Geonosis battle droids than the bright orange on 212th troopers. The printing is a bit indistinct but it's not standard clone trooper; it might be armor like the new ARC minifigures have. They've got white hands, which no clones except Phase II pilots do at the moment.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Wed May 21, 2014 10:11 am

A conspiracy! D:

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri May 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Pictures of a new MTT are up. It looks absolutely horrible. I'm really hoping these are of a preliminary set, but it looks like they've got box art done and everything so it may not be. Six battle droids? Really? The previous version had sixteen. The PK droid and Naboo Security guy are nice new figures, but selling a massive troop transport with fewer than half the number of soldiers as the previous version of the same vehicle is pretty pathetic. The model itself doesn't look nearly as good, either. It's visibly smaller, the troop rack doesn't look nearly as good (3 standing droids? Really?), it's all hard angles and studs where the actual vehicle is smooth and rounded. An extremely unimpressive showing if the whole set isn't substantially reworked between now and release. It looks more like that piece of crap from 1999 than what I'd expect from a modern set.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri May 30, 2014 3:35 pm

Adrien Victus wrote:Image
Pictures of a new MTT are up. It looks absolutely horrible. I'm really hoping these are of a preliminary set, but it looks like they've got box art done and everything so it may not be. Six battle droids? Really? The previous version had sixteen. The PK droid and Naboo Security guy are nice new figures, but selling a massive troop transport with fewer than half the number of soldiers as the previous version of the same vehicle is pretty pathetic. The model itself doesn't look nearly as good, either. It's visibly smaller, the troop rack doesn't look nearly as good (3 standing droids? Really?), it's all hard angles and studs where the actual vehicle is smooth and rounded. An extremely unimpressive showing if the whole set isn't substantially reworked between now and release. It looks more like that piece of crap from 1999 than what I'd expect from a modern set.
Please tell me that's the micro version of the actual set? The old one looked badass.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri May 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Looks like a budget version to me.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:59 pm

I just got the Ultimate Collector's Series Millennium Falcon, the 5000-piece one.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:33 pm

Adrien Victus wrote:I just got the Ultimate Collector's Series Millennium Falcon, the 5000-piece one.
[Legoing intensifies]

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:28 am

Well, I suppose I should mention that I've rebuilt both my 8089 and my 7676, but, to spare you the people the Google search, the Juggernaut (or as the uncivilized folk know it, the Clone Turbo Tank) and the 2008 Gunship. In them, I've made modifications involving mainly storage space (for my army, of course).

Here, have some pictures.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:55 am

It's not a gunship, it's a LAAT/i.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:01 am

That larty lost a lot in the rebuild process...

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:43 pm

from what I know, Vinyl modifies all his stuff, but yes, I'd expect some more dakka from a laat.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:38 pm

First 2015 wave. I don't know why they call it that; these will come out immediately before Christmas.

Some battlepacks:
Imperial Troop Transport: Four stormtroopers. Not much else to say, fairly standard battlepack style. They've got the bloody airzookas again.
Spoiler:

Clearly a preliminary picture. This is labled as a Rebels set, but those are OT stormtrooper helmets on P2 clone trooper torsos. Presumably they'll be replaced by the Rebels stormies we've seen in the Phantom set.
Shadow Troopers: Two shadowtroopers and two Shadow Guards. Shadow Guards are these guys:
Spoiler:
But they aren't canon right now. LEGO has a long tradition of making up some little speeder or something to go in battlepacks; technically these vehicles were canon under the old system, but to my knowledge not one of them was ever referenced in any other source. Chances are that something like the stormtrooper transport above just won't be a canon vehicle now. But LEGO has never made up a minifigure and inserted it into a set full of otherwise canon stuff (not counting the Jek-14 shit right now). I'd take this as a strong indication that both shadowtroopers and Shadow Guards are going to appear in Rebels in the near future, which doesn't really surprise me given the Inquisitor and the rest of what we've seen.

Geonosis Troopers: Two redesigned clone troopers and two Elite Corps troopers. Now we're getting somewhere. For those not in the loop, the 41st Elite Corps is these guys:
Spoiler:
We've gotten Commander Gree already, but no stock 41st troopers, so that's great. Presumably this set will be based on the Second Battle of Geonosis Clone Wars arc.

Now for the regular sets, and let's start off with a weird one:
Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter: With Anakin, Asajj Ventress, and R4-P22. That has to be the Azure Angel. A custom Jedi starfighter flown by Anakin and involving R4-P22 can only be one ship, and Ventress just confirms that.
Spoiler:
I can't imagine why they would start making sets from the original Clone Wars cartoon now that it's not canon anymore. If they really are going to keep making Legends sets, I'd be absolutely delighted, but it doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense to start with a ship that's only ever appeared in a series that they've never touched before and that was screwed over by TCW even before it was declared non-canon. I have never known Brickipedia to be wrong before--I have no idea why it's such a reliable source, but it's always been spot-on months before any official announcements. But this is definitely the weirdest move I've seen from LEGO in a long time.

Ezra's Speeder Bike: Ezra, Sabine, and a stormtrooper. I don't think anyone's surprised by this one. It's good of them to have finally made a Sabine figure; very... strange... that she didn't make it into the initial wave.

AT-DP: Agent Kallus, a stormtrooper, and 2 AT-DP pilots. Also not really a surprise, but a very nice set--I always want more walkers.

TIE Advanced Prototype: The Inquisitor, a TIE pilot, and an Imperial officer. This is the first I've heard of a prototype TIE Advanced showing up in Rebels, but the news doesn't surprise me at all, and the minifigure selection makes sense. We've never had a minifigure of a Pau'an before.

Wookiee Gunship: Kanan, Wulffwarro, and two Wookiees. Presumably a vehicle that'll be showing up in Rebels at some point. It doesn't really look like Wookiee tech.
Spoiler:
Hailfire droid: A new clone lieutenant and two SBDs. I guess this'll go with the Geonosis Troopers set and the Homing Spider Droid we got a couple of waves ago. I loved the last Hailfire droid we saw, so this could be pretty nice.

AAT: Jar Jar, a battle droid, and a pilot droid. Hopefully this is a Trade Federation AAT rather than a CIS AAT; they haven't made one in Trade Federation colors since, like, 2000.

T-16 Skyhopper: With a Skyhopper pilot and a Tusken Raider. Thank the gods, a Tusken Raider! For something so prominent in the movie, they're shockingly underrepresented in LEGO: they've only appeared in 1 set, in 2002. It's great to get a chance to see some again.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:46 pm

Wookie crossbow blasters are still the best skezo tech ever.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler: