Star Wars LEGOs

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Re: Star Wars LEGOs

Post by  ҉  » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:27 pm

Given how hard LEGO Universe flopped, I doubt they'll be venturing into the MMO market again any time soon. Star Wars MMOs don't have a great track record, either. Galaxies went south more because SOE botched it than because of the game, but TOR is failing because the game's not great, and CWA... is CWA. I don't think a LEGO Star Wars MMO would be something I'd be interested in.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:34 pm

Forgot to mention that the new pictures of the sets clearly show them using the current-style blasters and not the awful ones. Very happy about that. I can deal with the new blasters in a couple of sets if that's the price I have to pay for airborne troopers.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:42 am

Vinyl wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
CommanderKobialka wrote:This gave me the most incredible idea. What if they made a LEGO Star Wars MMORPG?
Well, there is that Lego MMORPG and there are Star Wars MMORPGs, but I'm not sure they'll ever combine them...
FTFY because there's only one LEGO MMORPG. Unless there's more, but I highly doubt it.
After they scrapped LEGO Universe (not because of flop, but because they saw no point in maintaining a by-then free-to-play MMO) they made Lego Chima Online.
Seems like a Warcraft-ripoff to me.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:40 pm

New pictures are new. B-wing, Jedi Hunter, and new Advent Calendar pictures are up. I'm not a fan of the B-wing; the minifigures look nice but the model looks like a serious step backwards from the ancient (2006?) version. The strike foils are now just a single grey plate instead of being nice, smoothed, reasonably detailed things. Them being thinner is perhaps closer to being accurate, but they sacrificed a lot of looks for a seriously insignificant improvement, and looking at the UCS B-wing at least, I don't know that it's actually more accurate. I don't think anyone will be surprised to hear that the Jedi Hunter is not delightful, either. It's at least got a Republic color scheme instead of that awful black and red job, but it doesn't appear to be a recolor of a canon starfighter (not gonna skim through Wookieepedia right now, but I don't recognize it, at least). The Ithorian looks OK, so I'll probably end up getting the set just for him. The box clearly says "Jedi Scout Fighter", but the Brickipedia entry still lists it as "Jedi Hunter", so I guess we'll see. The Advent Calendar has a Christmas Vader on the box, but that's about it. They seem to be reusing model designs again, which is disappointing. The Imperial shuttle, Y-wing, snowspeeder, and vulture droid shown on the box all look familiar, although the vulture droid at least has some tiny changes (different piece used as the head).

EDIT: I have no idea if this is new or not, but I'm just seeing it now: The Star Destroyer set is coming with an Imperial Army trooper? That's awesome. Talk about seriously underrepresented characters. I wish they'd make loads of those.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:06 pm

Urrr. Set is still listed as coming with an Imperial Army trooper, but there's a picture of it now and it really looks like a Navy trooper instead. Maybe wrong/preliminary, but the other figures look finished, so who knows.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:28 pm

Only you, LJS, only you.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:29 pm

ACH0225 wrote:Only you, LJS, only you.
Don't dis my Star Wars knowledge. I could also make the distinction between an Imperial Navy Trooper and an Imperial Army Trooper. Though it's mainly
(Army)

Vs

(Navy)
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:33 pm

They wear totally different uniforms. They've already made Navy troopers, though, in sets going all the way back to 2008. I was hoping for something new.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:50 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:03 am

That's officially an Imperial Officer in combat gear, and only vaguely canon. For that matter, the picture Vinyl posted is of General Veers, not just a trooper.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:30 pm

Mistake Not... wrote:That's officially an Imperial Officer in combat gear, and only vaguely canon. For that matter, the picture Vinyl posted is of General Veers, not just a trooper.
I know, I was wondering if you'd notice.

@Pic I wonder what the dish with the red stud on it is supposed to be...
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Can Spaceballs be considered Star Wars canon?
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:56 pm

ACH0225 wrote:Can Spaceballs be considered Star Wars canon?
No.

Stuff changed again. The set is still listed as coming with an Imperial Army trooper, but the picture on the page 'Imperial Army trooper' is clearly of a Navy trooper. I don't know what's going on. Looks like the Imperial Officer is getting a new hat, though, a proper mold this time instead of the pretty close but not quite right one they've been using.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:29 pm

ACH0225 wrote:Can Spaceballs be considered Star Wars canon?
I don't see why not. It is to me, anyway.

Let's comb the desert.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:51 am

Google has come up with a higher-resolution picture of the box than is on Brickipedia, and it says 'Imperial Navy Trooper'. The wiki got it wrong. Disappointing. Usually it's more reliable than that.