Star Wars LEGOs

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Re: Star Wars LEGOs

Post by  ҉  » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 am

prototype wrote:Is that the starfighter from the third film? because I could have sworn it was yellow.
It was. This is the starfighter from the 2003 Star Wars: Clone Wars microseries, the Azure Angel.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:41 am

Ah, that explains things.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:34 am

So for a school project me and my friends are making it out of legos.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:17 am

Tell wrote:So for a school project me and my friends are making it out of legos.
You must go to an awesome school.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:00 am

prototype wrote:
Tell wrote:So for a school project me and my friends are making it out of legos.
You must go to an awesome school.
Not really we still have chalk boards from the 80's

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:12 am

When I was in 7th grade I made the scene with the apes from 2001 out of LEGOs for an English project.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:10 am

My project:

EDIT: Link NOTE: That person is not me.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:49 pm

What is
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:02 pm

Tell wrote:My project:

Where are the orbital lazors? Shield generator towers? Nuclear fallout bunkers?
What kind of town is this? I dont even see an execution stand!
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:56 pm

You still have a room full of stationary computers.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:51 am

Shadowcat wrote:

Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:10 am

Shadowcat wrote:

+1
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:14 pm

I think all the sets that have been mentioned in this thread thus far have been released. I have really high quality pictures of a bunch of them, but so does lego.com, so I won't bother reposting them. Bare bones stuff is this:

[*]They did a fabulous job with the Inquisitor. Really did him justice. Three new molds, just for this one figure.
[*]I saw the Slave I IRL in the LEGO store in Copenhagen, and it looks awesome.
[*]I like the AT-DP but they totally botched Kallus's Bo-rifle, in exactly the same way they botched Zeb's. I don't have an explanation for this.
[*]The new AAT and battle droid carrier sets are designed to fit with the new MTT. The new MTT is garbage. The new AAT is garbage (almost exactly half the size it needed to be, and almost exactly half the size of the previous one). The new battle droid carrier is a perfectly fine build but a useless, unnecessary set. I also find it hilarious that, if you discount the STAP pilot, the smaller battle droid carrier comes with exactly twice as many droids as the larger MTT. It's an absolute disgrace, and whoever OK'd it should be fired. They needed a new carrier because the old one was designed to accommodate the droid racks used in the old MTT, and the new MTT uses smaller racks, so they needed a new droid carrier. In the process it became both smaller and less accurate, not to mention being a duplicate of a vehicle that barely appears in the movies. The AAT is similarly crap, and incredibly disappointing given that we haven't had an Episode 1 AAT since 2000.
[*]The clone lieutenant in the Hailfire droid set is just a stock lieutenant. Disappointing, but not unreasonable given that the previous one was a polybag figure. I'm not surprised by that.
[*]The Azure Angel's description very carefully avoided saying 'Azure Angel', but you can hear them thinking it.
[*]I'm told that the background art for the Shadowtroopers battlepack is actually from The Force Unleashed. I haven't played enough of that to confirm, but either way that's everything I hoped it would be.
[*]They finally released Sabine, but without a helmet. I can't imagine how they justified releasing a Mando without a helmet, but the whole deal with her being the only member of the crew that didn't make it into the first wave has been discussed to death already without going on about them doing a poor job of her even now.

And so, we move on to news! Partial and preliminary list of sets for the summer wave:
75091 Flash Speeder
75092 Naboo Starfighter
75093 Death Star Final Duel
75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium
75106 Imperial Assault Carrier

The Imperial Assault Carrier is a big set, so it looks like that's probably the Gozanti-class cruiser that's been showing up in Rebels. I'm excited for the Flash speeder, but man, do we really need another Naboo starfighter? That's got to be the least interesting vehicle that's been made four times, right up there with the snowspeeder. We just got a new N-1 in 2011; surely that spot could have been better used for something new. The last TIE Interceptor was in 2006, and the TIE Bomber was in 2003. Both of those could use a remake in the light grey color scheme of the TIE Defender and the newer TIE Fighter and TIE Advanced sets. The Death Star Final Duel could be cool but has been done before. An Imperial shuttle would be nice, as I don't have one (missed the UCS one back in 2010), so we'll see how that goes. There seem to be at least 7 other set numbers set aside for Star Wars, so more news and pictures should roll around towards the end of January as we start hitting the big toy fairs.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:51 pm

A great figure, even if they do have him listed as 'Admiral' rather than whatever his rank is in the ISB. Also, I can think of one other person who wears a white Imperial uniform...

cannonfodder

Post by cannonfodder » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:57 pm

standard for ISB personnel, or at least was supposed to be