Star Wars LEGOs

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: Star Wars LEGOs

Post by Prototype » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:42 pm

I don't think any of the lego sets I've ever owned are still built, they usually get torn apart soon after I finish building them. Though that said the only one still in a state of construction is the Mindstorms, which is still set up as a machine gun type whatsit.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:58 pm

Accuracy is good when aiming for a specific design... but 90% of the things I built with lego were original designs.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:23 pm

I'm sure this says something horrible about my creativity, but ehh, so what. I don't think I have to tell you guys that I absolutely love LEGOs, as the pictures of my house earlier in this thread should have gotten that across, but I've never had any desire to use them the way that you're "supposed to" use LEGOs. I derive great pleasure from having all of my sets assembled completely and correctly and displayed.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Error

Post by Error » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Sounds far closer to a hobbyist / modeller thing than lego, but to each their own.

And yes, it does say your creativity is ither dead or dormant.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:38 pm

Error wrote:Sounds far closer to a hobbyist / modeller thing than lego, but to each their own.

And yes, it does say your creativity is ither dead or dormant.
I actually like assembling 'normal' glue-and-paint style models too, although I have zero interest in the models themselves; usually I throw them away pretty much as soon as I'm finished building them. In that instance the journey is all that matters to me, but I don't see LEGOs the same way. I don't mean to say that I've never built anything of my own, but I haven't in several years at least, and keeping models together has always been more important to me. Which is a bit of a problem now, actually; since I don't disassemble sets into my bins of loose parts, the flow of parts larger than those included as spare pieces into them is functionally zero, meaning that every time I root around for whatever bit I'm missing from some set I'm rebuilding I become marginally less likely to find the next one I look for. This is a long-term problem, but it worries me. At some point I may need to buy a bunch of fairly technical non-Star Wars sets and just use them for parts.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:38 am

I once built a big ass fish from bionicle parts, about a metre long. It's body was basically just limb parts glitched together, but it held quite firmly and damn was I proud of it. Unfortunately, it ate almost all of my supplies, so I had to disassemble it. Really wish I hadn't.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Error

Post by Error » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:19 am

Most of my sets barely survived a week. But they generally got put to use building something just as neat, so there is that.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:36 pm

I always build a set to specifications. Then, after an arbitrary period of time I will either customize it, gradually take pieces off of it, or "disassemble" it (break it apart for battle damage or something but never put it back together). After another period of time, I may feel compelled to rebuild a long dead set, although it's only recently that I've had such success with reassembly. Many times I've tried to rebuild my LAAT, Juggernaut, and Jabba's Sail Barge (never met success with the sail bare though).
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:07 pm

I haven't really played with my LEGOs in ages because I won't feel properly able to do so until I've got my collection back in proper condition. It was badly damaged when my house was destroyed in 2009 and in the subsequent moving and year in storage. Many of the sets had to be broken down then, and I've been gradually getting everything back together since 2011. Once everything is as it ought to be, some policies may change.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:58 pm

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Very pretty indeed.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:15 pm

IT'S HAPPENING

Mad spoilers ensue.

75105 Millennium Falcon: Rey, Finn, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Tasu Leech, BB-8 & 1 Kanjiklub Gang Member.
Spoiler:
75102 Poe's X-Wing Starfighter: Poe Dameron, BB-8, 1 Resistance X-Wing Pilot & 1 Resistance Ground Crew
Spoiler:
No, I don't know why it's orange.
75099 Rey's Speeder: Rey & Unkar Henchman

75100 First Order Snowspeeder: 2 First Order Snowtroopers & 1 First Order Snowtrooper Officer

75101 First Order Special Forces TIE: 2 First Order TIE Fighter Pilots, 1 First Order Officer & 1 First Order Crew

75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle: Kylo Ren, General Hux, First Order Officer, 2 First Order Crew & 1 First Order (?)

75103 First Order Transport: 2 Resistance Soldiers, 2 First Order Flametroopers, 2 First Order Stormtroopers & Captain Phasma

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:31 pm

 ҉  wrote:IT'S HAPPENING
Gfycat Video - Click to Play