Star Wars LEGOs

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Star Wars LEGOs

Post by  ҉  » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:00 pm

So, as you're probably aware, I've made several threads on this topic in the past, because the collection of Star Wars LEGOs is my single primary hobby, and it is something that I very much enjoy. On that note, I am overjoyed to tell you that Brickipedia has updated with the list of some more upcoming sets, due for release in June, and they look awesome. On top of the sets that I've listed in previous threads, it looks like we're getting new AT-TEs and Republic Gunships, new Tank and Homing Spider droids, a Sail Barge to go with the Jabba's Palace sets that came out recently, a Mandalorian speeder, a set called Duel on Geonosis that probably includes Yoda, Obi-Wan, Skywalker, and Count Dooku, and something called JEK-14's Stealth Starfighter, which I've never heard of and which does not come up on Wookieepedia. The combination of these and the other sets has me absolutely delighted and eagerly anticipating the next few waves. What information is available about these sets can be found here. (^-^)/
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Re: Star Wars LEGOs

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:09 pm

New AT-TE & LAAT?

They'd better be a little more accurate this time around..
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Tiel wrote:New AT-TE & LAAT?

They'd better be a little more accurate this time around..
To be fair to LEGO, the previous ones are accurate to the CW vehicles. But given that they're releasing non-CW Phase 1 troopers again, I'd guess that we're getting Ep.II vehicles this time around.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:40 pm

I am confused by all this new star wars stuff, the stuff in the origional is about as much as I know

I'm just happy with my death star MkII at the moment.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Prototype wrote:I am confused by all this new star wars stuff, the stuff in the origional is about as much as I know

Ooh yes, an excellent set. Discontinued now, I believe, and the data on the information card is incorrect, but it remains on of the coolest models in any collection.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Prototype wrote:I am confused by all this new star wars stuff, the stuff in the origional is about as much as I know

Ooh yes, an excellent set. Discontinued now, I believe, and the data on the information card is incorrect, but it remains on of the coolest models in any collection.
Admiteddly it does have a few parts missing (my cousin used to own it, and he gave it to me to finish) including the card.

I didn't know they were discontinued though I knew there weren't that many.

Takes a bloody long time to build though, and I only built half of it.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:53 pm

MORE STUFF! Mandalorian Speeder, Jedi Defender-class Cruiser, and HH-87 Skyhopper are inbound in June! Also, Jabba's Sail Barge and the Republic Gunship have their minifigures announced. Important news is: Geonois-style Padme, possibly another random Jedi, and Max Rebo. I can't wait.

An edit: Having looked at the pictures of the larty myself, I've gotta say that it looks pretty bad. This is almost certainly a preliminary model, and doesn't seem to have stickers yet, but it looks very much like the CW larty with the Ep.2 side turrets stuck on. :|

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:59 pm

I got a bunch of the new sets today, including the AT-RT, Z-95, the Clone Troopers vs. Droidekas and Republic Troopers vs. Sith Troopers battlepacks, and the A-wing. The new clone pilot is awesome, and the 501st troopers have printing on their legs, which is a nice feature that I hadn't noticed. Pong Krell's figure is pretty weird, which I guess is accurate, but still... he's pretty close to twice as tall as a normal figure. The clone troopers in the CTs and Droidekas pack have nonstandard faces, which probably reflects the change from CW to Ep2 style clones, but I liked the old ones better. The new ones look kinda funny. The sniper droideka and commando droid captain from the AT-RT are very nice, though. I don't like any of LEGO's recent droidekas very much (the 2007 version was the best IMO), but they're not terrible, either. The Sith and OR troopers are pretty much the same as those already released. The A-wing pilot's new helmet is a nice touch, but doesn't make much of a difference to the figure. He has a kinda strange face, too. Overall, they're some really nice sets, and the clone sergeants are already in my platoon. :)

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:16 pm

Small news: Brickipedia says that the Mandalorian Speeder will contain three minifigures. It doesn't say what those figures are, and I haven't been able to find any more information. I'm still hoping that they're Old Republic Mandos, because that would be unbelievably awesome, but I don't think it's very likely. It's coming at the same time as the Defender-class Cruiser, though, which makes it a bit more reasonable, as LEGO nearly always releases those sets in pairs.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:35 pm

You're lucky. Wish I could afford all those legos.

I used to have a bunch of Star Wars sets. But then I got bored of them, disassembled them, forgot how to reassemble them, figure out I don't have the manual anymore, and rearrange them into ships of my own design.

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:22 am

My parents refuse to buy us anymore Lego. It sort of got out of hand...
This is a signature.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:53 am

Professor Fenway wrote:You're lucky. Wish I could afford all those legos.

I used to have a bunch of Star Wars sets. But then I got bored of them, disassembled them, forgot how to reassemble them, figure out I don't have the manual anymore, and rearrange them into ships of my own design.
All LEGO instructions are available online for free from LEGO Customer Service. Just google 'lego instructions' and it'll come up.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Today I got the LEGO Shadow ARF Trooper minifigure, which means that I now officially own every single clone trooper variant LEGO has ever produced. :D

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:00 pm

EHRMAHGERD THE NEWS IS IN AND IT'S @#$%ING AWESOME

First, new figures: ADI GALLIA (Or maybe Stass Allie, who can tell), COLEMAN TREBOR (!), Darth Maul with droid legs, Special Forces clone trooper (Not sure about that. I know Special Operations troopers, but SpecForces is new to me), Poggle the Lesser, Ree-Yees, and some LEGO-canon figures including JEK-14, whoever he is, a Separatist bounty hunter, and a droid named R4-G0. It's worth noting that the SpecForces clone is in this lot, so he may not be canon. Still probably cool, though. There's also another clone officer (hopefully a lieutenant). In terms of newly-done figures, there're new Mandos, new clone pilot, new clone gunner, new Windu, new Dooku, new Yoda, new pilot droid (for Dooku's Solar Sailer), and new Jango Fett. One of the exclusive figures for the Advent calendar will be Santa Jango. So the Mandalorian speeder sadly is not Old Republic, but rather ties into the most recent episode of ST:TCW. Robo-Maul may make up for that, although I'm also interested to see the Mandos.

Overall, I think Coleman Trebor is probably the coolest figure in the lot. I love him. Adi Gallia (or Stass Allie) too. And the SpecForces clone could be cool.

:D

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Images of the AT-TE and Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter are on Brickipedia. They're very low-resolution, but there's a larger picture of the Special Forces Clone Trooper as well. He's blue. :/ Like, completely blue. And he appears to be wearing stormtrooper armor, not clone armor. And he has a shield. I'm not sure what LEGO was smoking when they decided this was a good idea, but they could make a fortune selling it. The fighter itself looks lame as hell. It's essentially a red and black Z-95. Jek-14 seems to be wearing white armor and carrying a blue lightsaber. The Separatist Bounty Hunter has black armor and a blaster rifle. R4-G0 is a white astromech. The pictures of the last three figures are very small, though, and it's possible that the Bounty Hunter and Jek are switched.

The AT-TE looks better. The Clone Officer is a Phase I commander, not a lieutenant. :[ The battle droids are Geonosis-sand color, which is nice. It's been a while since the last ones were released. The picture's too small to be able to say much about Trebor and Windu. The AT-TE looks competently done; it is recognizably different from the 2008 version.