Becoming a Social Gaming Community

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.

What game should become our first officially supported game ?

Total votes: 0

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: Becoming a Social Gaming Community

Post by Iv121 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:56 pm

You can always change your vote by choosing a new answer and pressing "submit vote". BTW in my personal opinion minecraft is not optimal because we already addressed this audience ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:03 am

I like LoL. Too bad you're probably on EUW, while I'm on NA. I'd love to 1v1 you :P

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:08 am

Is LoL really that good?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:54 am

As long as you have the nerve to ignore the flamers yes (Dunno about NA but EU is full of idiots like that who think the second they say "Reported noob" someone will get banned and they will get a cookie. I hear in EU East it's even worse)

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:31 pm

By the votes I see most of the community is for having minecraft as a main campaign. In order for us to successfully run our own minecraft campaign we'll need our own minecraft server. Also as minecraft is multi-purposed we should choose what will be the focus of our server. I recon PvP will go better with events :) . Let's begin with hardware. Who wants to run a server ? I won't be able to help financially as I'm still dependent on my parents and my father HATES to pay stuff through the internet. He'll never trust PayPal and stuff so sry it is technically impossible :(. For this reason I will also let you to arrange donations of you want so or think it's necessary.

Also another, more technical issue. Another big part of social gaming is socializing OFC :). Don't worry I won't force you write on the forums one hour per day , you do this well already :) . What I do want to do is to give it a more official acknowledgment. I suggest to rearrange the forum sections. First of it will be main discussion area. In there well have general discussion (Currently called off-topic), member discussion if you want (welcome new members, introductions, such section might contribute well to our community if we get the right habits with it :) ), role-play, forum development and any other section that is not related to any of our games. This is a central hub that links all of us together no matter what we play. Later on we have the futurecraft section which you have set up already and campaign section with forums like Minecraft, TF2 etc.

I suggest rearranging the forum this way in order to have a ready infrastructure for further development. If we grow in size (Which I really hope) we will have members that might not participate in minecraft or futurecraft and we need to make sure they feel comfortable in the community, too. BTW giving the discussion an official flavor would mean to actually give post count for posting in there, which means the First Word thread will have to be gone ... srsly it's spam .

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Avenger_7 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:59 pm

LoL is incredibly fun except for the flamers. NA has gotten a LOT better since the introduction of Honor (outside of ranked at least. I usually teamlead, though, so no one ever rages at me), but there are still issues with smurf accounts flaming newbies.

My minecraft server is perfectly capable of running a SMALL PvP world. The 18 player cap might change a bit depending on server load, but for our purposes it should be fine.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:39 pm

I'd say pick a game, and Shiva or I will add a category for it, as it's obvious a majority of the community supports something like this. However, on account of a mini debate I had with LJS on hamachi yesterday, I feel obligated to say that Futurecraft has to remain the prime attraction throughout any form of branching out. Because of this, I'm adverse to calling this section anything but Offtopic. Anyway...

Futurecraft
Discussion
Ship Architecture
Development

General
Offtopic <<<Member welcome thread goes here
Forum Suggestions
Roleplaying

Gaming
Minecraft
Team Fortress 2
(etc)

Judiciary Section
Futurecraft Courts
Court of Appeals

Area 52
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:50 pm

Alright, call it general discussion. It won't matter how you put them but the Off-topic area WILL be the most popular no matter what you do because we are here mostly to talk :) .

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Avenger_7 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:57 pm

I agree that this thread is a valid discussion. The only problem I see with it is that the title and OP insinuate a total shift in focus. That said, I also think that it's largely unnecessary as we already do more gaming together than anything else.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:58 am

If we are already (or will eminently be) a social gaming community, so why not admit it and solve the slight identity crisis ? IF you are against the title conside it as organizing gaming nights together :) .