First word that pops into your head

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: First word that pops into your head

Post by Iv121 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:27 am

Cmon just say it's not spam and it doesn't even add to your post count ... For this reason post count was disabled in this forum or in other words my story for example is not welcomed on those forums, or free talk about things ...

BTW @ Tiel I don't think this encourages more activity in the futurecraft sections at all ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:04 am

I don't know where you're getting the idea that free discussion isn't welcomed. The very existence of this subforum contradicts your assertion.

The only logic that I can give for your claims is that posts don't count here...but if you are truly here to discuss things instead of just creating, as you say, spam, then the lack of reward should not be an issue.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:05 am

......Indeed.

Oh, and spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:25 am

I'm mostly active in this section I think, which means that by the time I get ensign (which you chose quite weirdly to award an officer icon :P ) you all get admirals which is a bit of frustration :[ ( cmon it's always nice to get a new rank, even in a forum. It created a whole genre called RPG ). We might just change the way ranks are awarded and give them more meaning later ...

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:27 am

Ni
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:47 am

Iv121 wrote:I'm mostly active in this section I think, which means that by the time I get ensign (which you chose quite weirdly to award an officer icon :P ) you all get admirals which is a bit of frustration :[ ( cmon it's always nice to get a new rank, even in a forum. It created a whole genre called RPG ). We might just change the way ranks are awarded and give them more meaning later ...
Ensign is the first officer rank in most standing navies...

The thing is, if posts count in this subforum than the whole rank system becomes null and void if threads like this continue to exist. I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, but from my perspective it's a choice between strictly regulating an area that's supposed to be for free discussion, or simply not making posts count in it so attempts to circumvent the post/rank system (such as this thread) are humorous at best.

I will make a thread in Forum Suggestions, as this is not the place for this type of discussion.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Tiel wrote:
Iv121 wrote:I'm mostly active in this section I think, which means that by the time I get ensign (which you chose quite weirdly to award an officer icon :P ) you all get admirals which is a bit of frustration :[ ( cmon it's always nice to get a new rank, even in a forum. It created a whole genre called RPG ). We might just change the way ranks are awarded and give them more meaning later ...
Ensign is the first officer rank in most standing navies...

The thing is, if posts count in this subforum than the whole rank system becomes null and void if threads like this continue to exist. I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, but from my perspective it's a choice between strictly regulating an area that's supposed to be for free discussion, or simply not making posts count in it so attempts to circumvent the post/rank system (such as this thread) are humorous at best.

I will make a thread in Forum Suggestions, as this is not the place for this type of discussion.
maybe locking this thread before it gets too out of hand

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:22 am

Agreed. Topic locked.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:38 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a "spam" thread. I.E. people post whatever, provided it doesn't break forum rules. As long as they don't completely derail it, I'd say unlock it. I'll leave the decision up to Tiel, Iv, or whoever, but this *is the "Off Topic" area.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Off-topic doesn’t mean on-spam. I locked per request. You can appeal to the court (obviously you won't be the judge on the case)

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Commander Error wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a "spam" thread. I.E. people post whatever, provided it doesn't break forum rules. As long as they don't completely derail it, I'd say unlock it. I'll leave the decision up to Tiel, Iv, or whoever, but this *is the "Off Topic" area.
As Tiel said, the Forum Suggestions subforum is more relevant to this debate right now. If posts in Off-Topic don't count for anything, then it doesn't really matter, but if they do, threads like this are a no-no. I don't support this kind of thread because I think it's stupid, but that's not really what the question is about. I was quite glad when this got killed off on the old forum. See the first response to this thread. Otherwise, FS is the place to go.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")