Futurecraft's Philosophical Discussion Thread

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276
Futurecraft's Philosophical Discussion Thread

Post by Tell » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:59 pm

http://www.khaama.com/isis-taliban-anno ... other-3206

This is an interesting development.
Last edited by Tell on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Re: ISIS, Taliban announced Jihad against each other

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:28 pm

this is exactly why I gave up on understanding middle eastern politics.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:33 pm

I didn't even know they could do that.

Oh well, more innocent civilian deaths and the ground will flow even more red \o/
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:23 am

Ivan2006 wrote:this is exactly why I gave up on understanding middle eastern politics.
Nothing too complicated. If the Sunni / Shia Muslims hate something more than Jews and Murica combined that is each other. In fact they hate each other so much they are ready to ally with the later to take each other out. ISIS is Sunni, Taliban is Shia, story ends there. If you ask me whats much more interesting is the fact that ISIS doesn't mind killing the same Sunni Muslims they identify with in order to control territory, for example the massacre in one of the Palestinian refuge camps in Syria. Usually the Anti-Semite organization called "The UN Human Rights Council" is there in favor of the Palestinians but seems like their friends over there have trashed them when shit hit the fan, expressing "deep concern over the situation" then going to eat some sandwiches or something ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:41 am

Iv121 wrote:the Anti-Semite organization called "The UN Human Rights Council"
Gotta say, man, being against the UN HRC does not say good things about your side. :s
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:02 am

ISIS isn't really a religious group, I feel. That strikes me as a pretext for their whole trying/failing to take the Middle East thing.

@Iv Remember: Israel has total control over Palestine's bornders, airspace, and... just about everything else, really. So unless you give them access to the outside world, you're implicitly responsible for taking care of them. Hence why the UN HRC * about it when you don't.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:36 am

Well mate this organization condemned Israel 50 times since 2006, by comparison north Korea only 4 and in fact Israel was condemned there more than all of the states in the world COMBINED, thats 40% of all their resolutions. They invite terrorists to hold speeches about human rights (not ppl WE define terrorists but ppl that are considered terrorists by the US, Europe and a bunch of other countries), they put in charge clear Anti-Semites (not anti-Israelis, anti-SEMITEs specifically with clearly racist sayings) and for all of the above reasons they are considered anti-SEMITE by the Jewish Agency which keeps track of all anti-Semite organizations and anti-Semite incidents. If you excuse the words of a fanatic, if there was a room for doubt over whether or not this body is anti-Semite or not I would have kept quiet but as it stands right now this organization is anti-Semite by anything but name.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:42 pm

Iv I didn't know you cared about the jews. You're a sunny, right?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:12 pm

Iv121 wrote:Well mate this organization condemned Israel 50 times since 2006, by comparison north Korea only 4 and in fact Israel was condemned there more than all of the states in the world COMBINED, thats 40% of all their resolutions. They invite terrorists to hold speeches about human rights (not ppl WE define terrorists but ppl that are considered terrorists by the US, Europe and a bunch of other countries), they put in charge clear Anti-Semites (not anti-Israelis, anti-SEMITEs specifically with clearly racist sayings) and for all of the above reasons they are considered anti-SEMITE by the Jewish Agency which keeps track of all anti-Semite organizations and anti-Semite incidents. If you excuse the words of a fanatic, if there was a room for doubt over whether or not this body is anti-Semite or not I would have kept quiet but as it stands right now this organization is anti-Semite by anything but name.
I agree with you on the Palestinian thing mostly, but disagreeing/disliking Israel doesn't mean you hate Jews. There are "Jews" here who protest Israel.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:17 pm

Commander Error wrote:ISIS isn't really a religious group, I feel. That strikes me as a pretext for their whole trying/failing to take the Middle East thing.
I'm tired of fedoras saying this. Unless you are claiming the one true religion, you can't say something "isn't religious" for such a retarded reason. Also, muhhamed conquered Mecca and forvibly unified the Arabs, founded the original Caliphate as a fucking religious AND political/military office, and fucked a nine year old. Muhammed is also regarded as "Allah"'s " Ideal Man, who is to be emulated.

ISIS is a religious group, deal with it. There's is no other reason for them to exist.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:28 pm

ISIS is undoubtedly a religious group in the same way you're undoubtedly creating a strawman to attack.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Error

Post by Error » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Perhaps I phrased poorly.

Going to war with people who share functionally identical beliefs with you is political, not religious. And even for ISIS, going head-to-head with the Taliban because of some minor differences in your Book of the Sky Wizard is a bit of a stretch.

And if your religion states that conquest in force, statutory rape, (Muhammed) and killing anybody who disagrees with your Book of the Sky Wizard (ISIS) is a good thing, I put forth the motion your religion should probably be banned or at least condemned.

Also; don't refer to me as a fedora. 0) it's incorrect (the forbidden hat is a trilby) and 1) there's no reason for name-calling.

@Tiel Perhaps. But I put forth the motion that one's reasoning for being a terrorist is irrelevant; they're a terrorist.

Although really, why ISIS hasn't been bombed flat and/or invaded yet is entirely beyond me.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:38 pm

ISIS is a religious group in the same way the Ku Klux Klan is--nominally, yes, and they use the symbols, but the religion is secondary to their fundamental goal of being total * to anyone who doesn't share their particular brand of crazy.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Error

Post by Error » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:51 pm

TIL Jedi is far more articulate than I.

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:02 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:ISIS is a religious group in the same way the Ku Klux Klan is--nominally, yes, and they use the symbols, but the religion is secondary to their fundamental goal of being total * to anyone who doesn't share their particular brand of crazy.
I'm sure you know a lot of ISIS and Klan members. The KKK is a cultural organization, with Christian elements, sort of. ISIS recruits from all around d the world to conquer an area not that desirable but that has religious significance to Islam, everything they do is in the name of (fake)Allah, and they will spare anyone who converts to Wahhabist Islam.