Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

Post by Tell » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:01 pm

:D

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

Post by Saravanth » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:31 pm

N1ce

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:49 pm

Hype level increased.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:02 pm

everyone else is getting hyped

I'm just sitting here thinking how bad these guys are at drill and ceremony
like half turn 2 seconds late

no wonder the black guy wants out lol

it isn't that hard to choreograph a disciplined formation; maybe they're just trying to add some humanity to this mystical empire whose logo looks suspiciously similar to another imperial faction I know of.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:37 pm

Why is it called the Pentastar if their logo has 10 spokes? Shouldn't it be the Decastar Alignment instead? Or couldn't they just cut off half of the star???
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:15 pm

woah man spoilers
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:53 am

I just like how there's aged versions of the main characters from the original triology.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:10 am

Gotta play to the adults' nostalgia y'know.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:52 am

Vinyl wrote:Gotta play to the adults' nostalgia y'know.
- All modern media
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:11 pm

I've only just gotten home from Celebration so I'm late to this thread, but IMO the important things to pull out of that are:
1. That's an Executor-class SSD the Falcon is flying into. That's a big deal. Showing one of those wrecked represents a pretty significant escalation of the war; in the movies the only one you see is Vader's, and there're only a handful in the Expanded Universe.
2. That's Anakin's lightsaber he (presumably Luke) is handing over. This means it was retrieved from Bespin somehow, but that isn't surprising.
3. That Luke says "My father has it" rather than "My father had it" probably isn't significant, I would guess; that's just the same line as in Return of the Jedi. According to Mark Hamill's interview last night, that's actually the same recording that was used in RotJ, with a new take added to give it a little bit of echo.
4. I don't know how far the news has spread from the Battlefront panel, but that desert planet is called Jakku, and the battle there happened shortly after Endor.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Chairman_Tiel wrote:it isn't that hard to choreograph a disciplined formation; maybe they're just trying to add some humanity to this mystical empire whose logo looks suspiciously similar to another imperial faction I know of.
Ehhh, I don't see it. Sure, they look kinda similar, but they're both close enough to the stock Imperial and Republic emblems that I wouldn't read anything into that.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:19 pm

That's an Imperial, not an Executor. And even then there are as many of those in universe as Disney wants; they aren't constrained by any respect for what's now non-canon.

As far as the symbol, yes, I know. Just pointing out similarities. The way things are looking it's some kind of Sith empire.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:24 pm

Chairman_Tiel wrote:That's an Imperial, not an Executor. And even then there are as many of those in universe as Disney wants; they aren't constrained by any respect for what's now non-canon.

As far as the symbol, yes, I know. Just pointing out similarities. The way things are looking it's some kind of Sith empire.
No. The crashed ISD in the beginning, yes, but the ship the Falcon flies into is an Executor laying upside down. The underside of the UCS Executor LEGO set is literally the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning; trust me on this. Alternatively, check out the engine configuration on Wookieepedia. :tongue:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:23 pm

There were two SSDs in the expanded universe, IIRC; Executor and Lusankya, the latter of which became a Rebel ship sometime during/after the Thrawn campaign.

Personally, Derpney axing the EU was a monumentally retarded idea.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Commander Error wrote:There were two SSDs in the expanded universe, IIRC; Executor and Lusankya, the latter of which became a Rebel ship sometime during/after the Thrawn campaign.

Personally, Derpney axing the EU was a monumentally retarded idea.
Plus Iron Fist, Knight Hammer, Vengeance, Reaper, Razor's Kiss, Annihilator, Guardian, Aggressor, Enforcer, Intimidator, Whelm, Terror, and a couple others that haven't been named. And of course that's not intended to be the complete list of all that were constructed. So there isn't any canonical issue with there being one on Jakku; it isn't like they'd all been accounted for or something. Even in-universe they have some concerns about having lost some; this is a plot point in the Black Fleet Crisis series, when they realize that at least three SSDs are among Imperial warships unaccounted for after the Yevetha seized control of their star cluster (Intimidator was one of these three). But the point is that these ships only turn up in a relatively few places, commanded by very important and dangerous people--Vader, Isard, Zsinj, Daala, etc. That's boss-fight material.

Also, just for the sake of being that guy, 'Super Star Destroyer' is not synonymous with the Executor-class; the Empire really liked giant warships.