Random Rant

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Re: Random Rant

Post by  ҉  » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:01 pm

I had to do PE/Health up through middle school, but only one year of it was required in high school. All the rest was gloriously exercise-free. I did, however, compete on the Academic Quiz Team, which is unquestionably a sport.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:I had to do PE/Health up through middle school, but only one year of it was required in high school. All the rest was gloriously exercise-free. I did, however, compete on the Academic Quiz Team, which is unquestionably a sport.

Same everything. I was a fat kid until after freshman year, which was the year everyone was required to partake in the glory of high school physical education. So based on that, PE causes obesity. I got hit in the face with a condom once.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:50 pm

Mercury Steam wrote:Same everything. I was a fat kid until after freshman year, which was the year everyone was required to partake in the glory of high school physical education. So based on that, PE causes obesity. I got hit in the face with a condom once.
I dodged that bullet, at least. My father gave me all sorts of genetic issues, mostly stemming from weak connective tissue (causing flat feet, scoliosis, pectus excavatum (the condition in which your chest caves inwards), the ability to snap my pinkie fingers, etc) but also including fewer teeth than humans are supposed to have and some other stuff, but the upside of all of it is a tendency to be tall and skinny even though I eat garbage and don't move.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:38 am

I don't have a health class anymore, but I've somehow remained healthy and thin (despite EXTREME inactivity)

Also Jedi, that sounds hard to live with.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:35 am

I don't care what I eat, I barely move, and somehow I'm still underweight. Don't really have any muscular mass to speak of, so that's probably it.

We had quite a lot of PE in middle school and lower secondary, but I only got one class per week now, woo.
But I do agree that PE shouldn't really be part of higher education, and not only because everyone who does the sport education line thingy are assholes.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:05 am

I'm Also Counting wrote:Also Jedi, that sounds hard to live with.
Not too bad. The scoliosis is bad enough that I'm probably going to need some surgery to correct it in a year or so, and I'll need to get more teeth implanted too--right now I have some that are just attached to my others with a wire. Neither of those are likely to be fun. But everything else is OK, and the spinal straightening is likely to make me as much as an inch and a half taller, which is pretty cool.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:41 am

Talk about getting the short end of the (genetic) stick, Jedi.

I feel I'm lucky in that regard; not exactly STRONK or anything, but in shape (despite, again, inactivity) and afflicted only by fairly normal vision issues (myopia, get fucked). 2 semesters of PE mainly gave me some extra dodgeball-related skills.

@Dayn best guess is you metabolize quickly; just about all the stuff you eat is converted rapidly to energy instead of being stored as fat. I have that, too; 184 cm tall and only 64 kg, but hey - better than overweight, at least in my opinion.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:35 pm

Most of my issues through middle school were marked up as fatkid syndrome. Then I grew a foot and lost 20lbs and most of them are still there.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:04 pm

kek I read that as "tissues", wondered for a minute what you were talking about, there..

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:23 pm

None of you even lift, and this bothers me. You should all go lift.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:24 pm

Who needs to lift when you have a perfectly good PC and a plentiful library of games?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:27 pm

Everyone. Everyone needs to lift. If you're not lifting, that means that you're not lifting. I mean, if you didn't have arms I suppose you could only really do squats, and that'd be pretty alright, but short of a very serious condition I can't see any reason for anyone to not lift or do other forms of physical activity.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:30 pm

*raises hand*
Mister ACH, I lift my fingers from my keyboard all day, and I lift my ass out of bed most mornings or afternoons. Does that count?
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:34 pm

I lift enough snow every day to cover a decent-sized house. Get rekt, I lift all the time.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Daynel wrote:*raises hand*
Mister ACH, I lift my fingers from my keyboard all day, and I lift my ass out of bed most mornings or afternoons. Does that count?

You don't even lift, broseph.
Me, I'm Counting wrote:I lift enough snow every day to cover a decent-sized house. Get rekt, I lift all the time.
Not even lifting hard enough. Lift enough to outweigh a large house. Also, tfw no leg lifts.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: