Random Rant

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Random Rant

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:23 pm

Ive decided to rant about a random unrelated pointless thing! Hurrah for complex brains!

You know what really annoys me? When people say someone in their family died. It makes everything awkward and not to sound like a * but frankly I usually didn't even know of that person till that moment and frankly I couldn't give two fucking shits if they got ran over by a bus. But alas due to social norms and friends bypassing my major sarcasm responses I usually have to nod my head and just try to ignore the subject or respond with something neutral like "yeah, that sucks man" and awkwardly move on.

Your daily random rant #62515481
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Re: Random Rant

Post by Vinyl » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:25 pm

In order for someone to tell you their family died requires interaction with them. That and Futurecraft are mutually exclusive, that you should know.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:27 pm

#Randomdawgrant

Now, * about something else completely unrelated so we may agree and feel superior to non forum plebs.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:30 pm

Novans are just so stupid, I mean, they can't even seem to grasp the principles of Hexalana despite the lack of complexities. It's like they don't want a kickass military that makes sure the galaxy is safe from Plot Devices.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:53 am

Single people complain too much about being single.
You don't have someone to spend time with on valentine's day? Oh no your life must be horrible.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:29 am

Well we had valentines recently and maaan it sucks to be single. You have no idea how horrible my life is when I walk down the street and its all filled with couples, why can't I have someone to spend time with on valentine's !!!1!!11!
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:40 am

I really, really hate the fact that under windows 7 (And probably all other windows, too) you can't see detail tabs when viewing folders, not even size. I've got about 600 GB buried in random music folders because I was too lazy to change the download directory a few times too often, and I have no idea where there's random waste and where's not.

Oh, and I also hate albums which consist only of collaborations of, like, twenty different people, all listed under their own name in my Artists' tab. Damn clutter. Goddammit, Bob Dylan.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:10 am

It bugs the hell out of me when people demand everyone be social. I talk to the superior forum. Stop * I need to go have face-to-face conversations with fools and derps, FFS.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:06 am

Me, I'm Counting wrote:It bugs the hell out of me when people demand everyone be social. I talk to the superior forum. Stop * I need to go have face-to-face conversations with fools and derps, FFS.
^

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:14 am

I'm naturally social with almost everyone I meet, and unless I've got a really bad or fuzzy mood conversations are not uncommon. A trait I acquired from severe and chronic lack of semi-meaningful social interaction back in middle school. The problem is forming and maintaining anything above good-acquaintance status.

Though I agree, nobody should be forced to do that, especially with fools and derps. Also fuck social media. There's no soul in that.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:12 pm

I am quite social when I am amongst people, but it annoys me when parents or grandparents wish me to, in my precious spare time, go visit people I have no real other relationship with than "went to school with".

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:58 pm

It really grinds my gears that PE is required to pass High School.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:29 pm

Vinyl wrote:It really grinds my gears that PE is required to pass High School.
Why would you not want to lift and get big?
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:37 pm

Because that's not what I'm good at.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:54 pm

A health class should be mandatory, but having the ability to run isn't really academic. It's like the opposite of academic. At my school, heath and gym were lumped into one class that consisted of "don't have sex or you'll get herpes and die," soreness, and being bad at basketball.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *