Gene stealing

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225
Gene stealing

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:49 am

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/30915 ... -genes.htm

This is it. The future. We can use this to steal genes from other things. I can see it now; glow in the dark, everyone. Suddenly we're in Bioshock.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Re: Gene stealing

Post by Error » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:02 am

Just give me epic night vision and we're cool.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:29 am

Now we just need an underwater city full of self-centered people, and we're all set.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:51 am

And a floating cloud city.

Error

Post by Error » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:02 pm

...skip both and go straight to space city?

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Screw space, let's build a city in the Warp.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Good luck getting funding for those things though.
Underwater cities are the future 100% totes guarantee.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:31 pm

I suggest to revolutionize our thinking and build a city inside a city instead !
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Error

Post by Error » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:33 pm

Mind=blown

Wait... we've done that.

Toronto (or more specifically, Toronto, Missasauga, Scarborough, etc.) are all within one city.

New York, too.

Maybe... a city within a city under a city? (We have to go deeper)

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:38 pm

That was done as well, undeground Moscow, Washington (mainly bunkers for cold war scenarios but those things are really small cities on their own).

As for what you described those are cities with cities near cities or cities around cities, I mean cities INSIDE cities like sky scrappers inside sky scrappers all linked with underground tunnels with windows overlooking the interiors of the outside city buildings.

The streets are the space left in between the guts of the outside buildings and the inside ones, lit in spiralling neon lights in between the pipework, struts and cables that crawl from the walls of the outside buildings. In order to totally mindfk everyone there are some streets with a giant building wall in the middle, with windows and doors and so on ... the only problem is that there are no other walls but that one in the middle and so you are left to guess which side of the now divided in two room is the street and which is the interior of an inside building. BTW if you ever wondered why your toilet is getting clogged its because the inside city has its pipework inside your pipework and cables inside your cables (you pay for everything ofc).

Even worse are the lives of the neighbours of the old district inside city. Due to the fact that the outside city wasn't adapted for inside citying their inside city neighbours dug out their apartments inside their walls , floors and ceilings. To this day its hard to explain how could whole apartments and streets fit inside the floors and walls of those buildings, however the outside city citizens did report their apartments shrinking for some reason. The old district is fairly narrow though, with streets being tall and very very thin. Usually the apartments were built in the floors of the outside city while the streets linking them were in the walls.

By the way the inside city promotes a green way of life by banning cars (who frankly do not fit the city's streets) and promote the use of its extensive subway system. Although initially the subway system only consisted of a train that drove onto an outside city train to traverse the city, the increasing volume of traffic demanded the creation of a separate and broader tunnel system.

Some of the outside city buildings are dedicated to parks and "outdoors areas", all indoors ofc. Sometimes those outside building walls have windows in them, turning the outside of inside city into the inside of outside city, Usually those windows are fiarly high up because all of the lower windows are already ocupied by outside city interiors.

Oh regarding the inside city management it was built by an influential patron of the insiders (as we call em) who is in fact so influential that he could convince the outside city architects to build buildings twice and sometimes even triple the required size with giant empty space in the middle . It was a luxury that wasn't available for the inside city architects back in the early days which is why the old city quarter was built into the outside city walls.

Woah that was a trip and a half, where the hell did that come from ?

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:22 pm

cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:28 am

Iv, you're describing a WH40k Hive City.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Error

Post by Error » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:02 am

Hive city? Eeep! I'll live on a starship, thanks. They're flying cities anyhow.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:25 pm

Dunno mate I don't know a single thing about WH40k apart from it being ridiculous from top to bottom, there’s a lot of ridiculous stuff out there but on top of that WH40k honestly tries to take itself seriously.

Error

Post by Error » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:31 pm

It takes itself seriously, yes. Thankfully, most of the fans (the ones who have a clue) don't.