aminu

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
aminu

Post by cats » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:21 pm

Just finished Spice and Wolf. First season was so great, paced perfectly, real heart. Second season was okay, lost all of the first season's momentum and ended up kind of repetitive and... meh. I didn't realize that the last episode was the last episode until the special ending sequence rolled.

Before that I watched Darker than Black. Pretty good, interesting universe, fascinating and varied (if a little underdeveloped) characters, even some moderate (if a little oddly applied) feels. It had a lot of potential that it never picked up, ended with a lot of loose ends, kind of depressing, but I guess that fits with the theme pretty well.

So now I'm looking for another one. I was thinking something like Black Lagoon, something that has a lot of explosions to contrast the mellow feely feel bombs that I thought Spice and Wolf was going to drop on me. But now I'm not sure. Madoka Magica? Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? Trigun? Need some suggestions.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Re: aminu

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:34 pm

Might come as a surprise, but I recommend Angel Beats above all else.

http://fc-mod.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1421 might help. I'd avoid Madoka; not a personal favorite. Based on what you've said here, if you're after mellow mellow feely weelies, I'd say something like Gurren Lagann, Clannad, and Clannad After Story. For the feeliest, Angel Beats
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:29 pm

I watched Angel Beats a while ago. It was okay but Key screwed itself by making it 12 episodes rather than... more.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:47 pm

I'll ignore the heresy there for the sake of not having to type an argument.

Edit: Slight argument.

They are making 6 Visual Novels to do everything the anime didn't. They also have a mango, LNs, an online trading card game. Also, Kanade Tachibana is best girl.

I'd try the other Key anime; they're good at what they do, and do what they're good at. Which is making anime which is good. Little Busters, Clannad, Air, Kanon.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:49 am

I kinda want to watch anime sometime, I love the art style. Maybe I should take a look at that anime list...
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:20 am

Uhh visual novels ... Can you even call em "Novels" ? They're mostly light * for those who don't feel comfortable going all the way , same for their TV adaptions. Those of you who expected explosions in Spice and WOlf completley missed the point of the show. Its a show about trading and talking. Finally all good things must end @cats.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:17 am

Visual novels are mostly *. I also don't care.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:28 pm

Okay first of all, most visual novels are *, not visual novels are mostly *. Like Katawa Shoujo is only .01% * and 99.99% feels. Well more like .05% but still a very small amount of *. Has anyone read Steins;Gate? I really want to read it when I get some time.

Second, I meant that I thought S&W would have more feels. As in "feely feel bombs" that i thought would drop in S&WII. It actually well surpassed my expectations for literal explosions. Can't say the same for feels.

I definitely wouldnt say that S&WII was an SAO season 2 level catastrophe, just that it was pretty disappointing.

Cowboy Bebop is probably the most well-rounded anime I've seen. Doesn't drag out, fulfilling in action and characters, and I still get a little stirred by the word "bang." SnK is also really good in those aspects.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:06 pm

I could never really get into SnK. Just not my style, I guess. Maybe I'll take another go sometime.

I've been meaning to watch Steins;Gate animu, but been tied up with others.

As for * per visual novels, the Key ones are notably feely as well; they made whole animu off the non-* parts, and in many cases Key shekel'd you for the pron by making the main one have very little, but a spin off have more.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:24 pm

I'd recommend Evangelion (if you haven't seen it till now), Code Geass and if you think your mind can handle it, the 100% mindf**k, that is Serial Experiments Lain, even if it doesn't fit your initial description, it's my favorite Anime.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:14 am

— David Langford
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:35 am

You can't just come in here and say that and expect to get away with it. Your favorite anime is probably shit too, just like your waifu
Spoiler:
Please find your waifu, and identify how your waifu is outshined by the glory of Kanade Tachibana
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:39 am

Spoiler:
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:15 am

Less'n a page. Already waifu- and animu- bashing.

Huh.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am

Weaboos and Especially Naruto Fans Suck and They've Pretty Much Ruined All Anime For Me Forever: A rejected novel written by me.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW