In a thrift store today

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
cannonfodder
Re: In a thrift store today

Post by cannonfodder » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:58 am

ACUs aren't much better haha

These uniforms are from a more whimsical age.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:03 am

Well those are "Everyday" uniforms you talk about and I mean thats how my "Parade” uniform looks like. Also it still has holes in it :P , dunno was prob some sort of manufacturing problem, the pants had just looong thin stripes missing in em as if somebody just took a pair of scissors and began to chop away at the whole thing. Should have prob opened and checked all the uniforms I got, they just gave you a (used from the 70s or something) kit bag and began to shove stuff in it, like shoves shoes pushes you, next shoves some this some that, than a nice girl soldier is standing at the end of the line smiling , gartzing you on your recruitment, shoving you a "present kit" from the Soldier's union just like the shoes and all the other crap they shoved in earlier and pushes you towards the changing room. On the doorstep there stands a grim serge who shoves you some papers and says "Sign here" "On what ?" "On that you got all the equipment you should and that if any piece of equipment is missing you have to pay for it" "What ? How am I supposed to know you just shov..." he takes my hand and marks an X or something then shoves ME into the changing room :tongue: .
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:17 am

This is an officer's parade jacket, so it's about as fancy as it got in the NVA. They wore the same jacket but without medals and with less fancy pants/hat/shirt/belt as an off-base off-duty suit. It looks like there were much plainer (and more comfortable, I'm sure) jackets/shirts for use as everyday clothing. Although the NVA was kept on constant alert, ready to deploy within 25 minutes, for its entire existence (because, you know, East Germany and all that), so I suspect combat clothing was normal most of the time.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")