Literary Exploits

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran
Re: Literary Exploits

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:58 am

Iv121 wrote:Hey dont feel too bad mack there are a lot of weird limitations on ppl's names in loads of families. In here you get to carry a name of one of your dead relatives, sometimes not even relatives as if someone dies and his family has no one to carry his name his family will ask someone pregnant to name their child after that dead relative and you cannot decline, tough luck O.o. I carry two names, one of my grandfather from mah mothers side and one of my great grandfathers from my fathers side which makes my name in the pasport extreeemly long (worse even it was in all my school lists so when a new teacher came in he first stared at the long long string of text for a minute then either called me alex or sharel beacuse neither of my real names fit in the chart slot. Even better ppl we had an actual Alex in class so those lessons were quite a mess ...).

With that being said though it makes more sense than calling everyone names beginning with m, perhaps it has a reason behind it ? Worth asking ... Either way its not as bad as being named pernus, perhaps a name with more respect towards its bearer while carrying hidden critisism towards it, sure its much harder to come up with such name but that is what makes it so beautiful !
Pernus (I think I spelled it differently in my original notes) is a pretty bad name, I admit. Naming things is not something I am good at. At all. But you're right, I probably could change it to something better.
I have asked my parents about their weird naming conventions. They just did it as a joke. A joke which will stay with me the rest of my life. So, I feel for you and your over-long-respect-for-dead-relatives name, I really do.

But hey, there's worse things in the world! Like cake... that has been poisoned!
I'm so tired right now. It the past 50 hours, only 3 of them have been sleep. I was awake for 34 hours straight while flying home from Paris. I was trying to do some maths today, and I swear my writing was in Korean.
This is a signature.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:24 am

Well don't be mistaken Im totally fine with my names and sorta proud of em, and yeah your name is not THAT bad either, could be any old and insignificant reason that gave you your name but so long it makes sense it's acceptable. BTW:

Also did you write all of that while being sleep deprived ??? Not bad ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:05 am

Iv121 wrote:Well don't be mistaken Im totally fine with my names and sorta proud of em, and yeah your name is not THAT bad either, could be any old and insignificant reason that gave you your name but so long it makes sense it's acceptable. BTW:

Also did you write all of that while being sleep deprived ??? Not bad ...
The 35,000 words of story posted on this topic were most certainly not written in the past 50 hours. I would require.... Superhuman abilities to do that. I'm assuming that what's you meant, the stories?
This is a signature.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:37 am

...You're trying saying Mackeroth is your real name?!

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:39 am

If there's one thing this forum has always been creative with, it's names.

And yes, Daisy is one of those names most people lock in a very small safe far, far away and never think of again.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:18 am

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

johnc422
Cadet
Cadet
IGN:johnc422

Post by johnc422 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:39 am

sometims i wish i could write like that, good job ^-^