So I walk into the Swedish Royal Amoury

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
So I walk into the Swedish Royal Amoury

Post by  ҉  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:20 pm

And what's the first thing I see but a full-scale model of the Iron Throne. That you can sit in. Because Sweden is great. What the Swedish Royal Armoury is doing right now, as we speak, is an exhibit comparing demonstrations of power by three monarchs: Erik XIV of Sweden, Elizabeth I of England, and Joffrey Baratheon of Westeros. They've got all the costumes from the show on display in the same hall as the armours worn by every king of Sweden since Gustav Vasa. There's the shirt with the bullet hole where the king got shot, and then the jacket with the bullet hole where the same king got shot (a different time), and the horse with the bullet hole where it got shot while the same king was riding it (yet a different time, and yes, the actual horse; they had it stuffed), and the socks and shirt that were the only things found on the king's looted corpse after he got shot (the last time), and the hat with the bullet hole where a different king got shot, and the files that might have been used to sharpen the knife that would have been used had the king not gotten shot like he was supposed to, and the case that Napoleon carried his foreign newspapers in that they looted out of his carriage after the Battle of Leipzig, and then the armour Tyrion Lannister wore at the Battle of Blackwater Bay. That's what the Swedish Royal Armoury is like. Also, I can tell you that the Swedish crown jewels are more impressive than the Danish crown jewels but not as impressive as the British crown jewels, which are somewhat over the top.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Re: So I walk into the Swedish Royal Amoury

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:30 pm

So in other words:
1. The Swedish armory is apparently a museum and not an armory with you know, arms in it.
2. This whole crown jewel buisness sounds like a "My balls are bigger" contest.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:31 pm

Crown 'jewels', ah hah, ah hah.

Much amuse.

Also: cool story bro

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:39 pm

Spoiler:
Oh, we're playing a game, eh?
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:11 pm

Fighting over some old shiny metal shit with a history? Here let me show you where that is in my perspective of life:
Spoiler:
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:44 am

Shadowcat wrote:Fighting over some old shiny metal shit with a history? Here let me show you where that is in my perspective of life:
Spoiler:
And let me show you where *that* is in my perspective of life:
Spoiler:
Those shiny rocks are cool. But come on.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:57 am

But the important question is what the hell was LJS doing in Sweden?
Or is there a Swedish Royal Armory that isn't in Stockholm?
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:55 am

Shadowcat wrote:So in other words:
1. The Swedish armory is apparently a museum and not an armory with you know, arms in it.
That's pretty accurate. There are a lot of weapons there, of course, but it's more or less a museum of stuff relating to the Swedish royalty, plus the usual assortment of other historical stuff. The space it's in, a basement area under the palace, really was the armory at one point, but obviously it isn't where the Swedish Army keeps all their guns now. On a side note, the Swedish Army guys standing outside their palace were way more impressive than the Danish Army guys standing outside theirs. The Danes all looked like really cold teenagers, while the Swedish guards all seem to be hulking bearded dudes with assault rifles with bayonets.
Daynel wrote:But the important question is what the hell was LJS doing in Sweden?
Or is there a Swedish Royal Armory that isn't in Stockholm?
I was in Stockholm (and Copenhagen) for reasons that seemed good at the time but made much less sense when that time difference really kicked in.

Also, and I can't believe I forgot to mention this before (that's what flying for eightteen hours and then going home to post will do to you), the Game of Thrones exhibit spoiled the Red Wedding. They just had it right there on the bloody sign. I can't imagine who thought that was a good thing to put on display.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:01 am

If they had bayonets they were porbably osme sort of guard unit who excell at looking cool, we have those, too.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:03 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote: The space it's in, a basement area under the palace, really was the armory at one point, but obviously it isn't where the Swedish Army keeps all their guns now.
Exactly what they want you to think.
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:The Danes all looked like really cold teenagers, while the Swedish guards all seem to be hulking bearded dudes with assault rifles with bayonets.
That's just your average Swede. The guard ones are invisible.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:34 pm

>Average Swede
>Assault rifle
>With bayonet

Also,