Message from the future!

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank
Re: Message from the future!

Post by CommanderKobialka » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:35 am

Daynel wrote:
CommanderKobialka wrote:
Iv121 wrote:Not sure they were Kob , not sure they were ...
I'll believe what I want, thanka ver much
I believe America were the jew-killing * in WWII and Hitler was the only one who could save us from the terror. Too bad he lost that's why there are no jews today.
I will not judge you based on this comment :)
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:36 am

CommanderKobialka wrote:
Iv121 wrote:Not sure they were Kob , not sure they were ...
I'll believe what I want, thanka ver much
Well lets prove otherwise, the original TV series began airing in 1966 and although we dont know exactly when the dev of the net began the wiki claims it happened in the beginning of the 1960's or around 1960-1963, maximum at 1965 or otherwise we enter the second half of the 60s or "late 60's" .Most likley the net was already in dev before the production of star trek even begun in 1964, surley before it aired.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:30 pm

Implying Star trek inspired cell phones and the internet is so far off I'm pretty certain several people just rolled in their graves.

How about the cell phone was actually an evolved form of say, Radio and the Telephone/Telegraph :O
And the internet was made for research purposes as a digital library for researchers.

Now sure, Star Trek may have guessed at the future and won somewhat but to say it inspired is complete bullshit. (Otherwise, Congrats for giving us Nokia phones star trek)
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:11 pm

Star Trek showed us what was possible. In an era where people were much more optimistic about technological progress and naturally assumed that, once the moon was reached, the stars would follow, Star Trek got a concrete and believable idea of what that future could look like out to millions of people. Was it directly responsible for any single technological advance? Probably not. Did it inspire multiple entire generations to look to the future and try to make that a reality? I'd say so. Its ultimate impact is unquantifiable, but I wouldn't hesitate to say that without Star Trek, our world today would be substantially different from the one we've actually recieved.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:42 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:Was it directly responsible for any single technological advance? Probably not.
We named a Space Shuttle after it, which is close enough.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:21 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote: but I wouldn't hesitate to say that without Star Trek, our world today would be substantially different from the one we've actually recieved.
I'd say that the biggest area of influence of Star Trek was probably the sci-fi genre, it was definitely a milestone in sci-fi writing and it put down the foundations of many other sci-fi stories that followed it, however its effect on real technological advancement is rather limited.

If you think about the technological progress that was made in the past century (as well as this one) we see that one invention consequently led to the next one in a logical chain of development. The radio and the camera led to the invention of the TV, the wired telegraphs led to the wired phones which lead to the unwired phones or cellphones. The development of computers led people to experiment with connecting two computers to one another which lead them to computer networks and internet. It was expected that people will eventually begin experimenting with those.

The real discoveries that were unexpected and defined the development of these chains were the discoveries that were at the bottom of the chains, if they were different from what we have today our world would have developed entirely differently. Unfortunately Star Trek wasn't quite able to inspire us to create new chains, perhaps we will see such attempts in the future but for now that’s what there is.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Oblivion
Cadet
Cadet
IGN:Appelsylt

Post by Oblivion » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:53 pm

I'm back again,Stockholm was attacked few days ago,with World War 42(roman numbers are extremely outdated) going on and all that. Unfortunately i cannot send you a copy of Futurecraft,since it would overload your HDDs,it tourned out to be a about 20 terabytes large file. And yes,it's still a mod for Minecraft,or well,Minecraft 5 actually. Microsoft made Minecraft 2,then Rockstar games made the third,Minecraft 4 was a mix between the original Minecraft and Call of Duty,and lastly,MC5 is about the same as the first one. Also,somebody asked about world war 3? Yeah,Putin started that,2026.
*reading,writing,chatting,playing and levitating simultanously*

This sig is not even funny!

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:58 pm

World War 42?
And here I was thinking mankind had gotten more and more peaceful over time. Well, at least we here in this point of time live in the most peaceful period of human history, so there's that.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:15 pm

Oblivion wrote:then Rockstar games made the third,Minecraft 4 was a mix between the original Minecraft and Call of Duty
Minecraft is dead. There is no reason to live anymore.
*Throws self into black hole conveniently nearby in closet*

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Oblivion
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Oblivion » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Do note that about half of the Minecraft 1 players that exist in the same time as you,what is it,2015 or something? Anyways,half of the Minecraft 1 players "now" are actually from the future,to get away from the current versions. But this is getting real confusing...

Edit:Also,on a side note,Walt Disney exited cryofreeze 60 years ago,thought you would like to know that.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:45 pm

Oblivion wrote:Walt Disney

Walt disney was never cyrofroze...

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Oblivion
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Oblivion » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:15 pm

Turns out he was,that's the wierd thing. For 5 years,he was treated like Messiah!

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:22 pm

What... what about the Lord?
Is Gabe Newell, praise him, still alive?
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Oblivion
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Oblivion » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:34 pm

Lord Gaben,may he never be forgotten,has...quite sadly...been rebuilt as a cyborg and is fighting against aliens,so actually,it's pretty badass. But that means Valve has a new CEO,Chuck Norris. Also pretty awesome.

And i really feel like i have to bring back memories; Far over the misty mountains old,to dungeons deep,and caverns old...

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Ah time travel abuses....
*places box full of time released viruses under your house to detonate in the next second*
Let's see how good medicine got and I get to ditch all this toxic waste.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler: