StrigiTeam 6

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: StrigiTeam 6

Post by Prototype » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:26 am

Tomorrow is fine by me
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:06 pm

Should be free tomorrow, Il set mah alarms.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Meeting starting

EVERYONE REPORT

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:49 am

The map Tiel instructed me to create. Bask in its' glorious glory.
Spoiler:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:25 pm

Amazing , the thought put into it !
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:52 pm

Sigh.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:48 pm

You asked for a simple 2 person grasslands map. The red parts are impassable. If you want me to make it more complex, I can draw up a full multi-colour heightmap.

Honestly, if you have problems, point them out.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:15 pm

ACH, that's not a map. That's a bunch of red lines drawn on a green background.

It could be the beginnings of one, yes, but you're correct in the assumption my concern is with the level of detail, which doesn't lend itself to any adaptation. It's extremely basic and doesn't convey anything useful.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:37 pm

And the colors hurt my eyes.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:39 pm

catsonmeth wrote:And the colors hurt my eyes.
That's more a you problem. For owl eyes it looks fine.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:06 pm

catsonmeth wrote:And the colors hurt my eyes.
If green and red hurt your eyes then white text must be like lasers in your eyes.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:58 pm

And you must be blind.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:58 pm

dulge in this rather neat hobby intrigues you, just reply below or PM me with the following information:

Applicaion

Name: <===3
Position: At present these will be
Modelers create, optimize, and UV map 3D meshes in their software of choice by Concept Artist or World Builder specification. Will require abidance of relevant geometry rules and/or working pipeline (.obj format vs .dae, etc)
Concept Artists sketch or use another medium to convey designs for assets to other members of the group. Must be able to do so concisely and with the detail necessary to make use feasible.
Texture Artists utilize UV maps provided by Modelers in the Gimp or another image manipulation software to skin models in the asset pool per Concept Artist specification or their own if the former is inapplicable. May be called upon to create tileable prefabs for levels and such.
World Builders are responsible for designing levels, scheduling encounters where applicable, etc. Note that the job is more strongly influenced by group opinion than the rest - World Builders will be required to listen and participate in group discussion, always deferring to overall consensus over their own outlook.
Animators take Meshes provided by Modelers to apply Bone (and Inverse Kinematic where needed) systems for the purposes of animation. Animators have a huge amount of headroom - they will typically be given a model and a style by a Concept Artist and then follow their own interpretation in manipulating the model.
Audio Compositors create or acquire audio assets and normalize for use. These include everything from gun effects to music. An Audio Compositor will also be required to contact & interview prospective voice actors for the current project.

References: (examples of work if applicable) Bruce Willis
Bio (optional): i wanna be modlre cuz i drw a prtty pictur and my tchr lik it i get a

note: Even if you don't know one of these trades by heart, we can work together on developing your skills in them. This is as much a workshop as a joint organization.
Spoiler:

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:59 pm

dulge in this rather neat hobby intrigues you, just reply below or PM me with the following information:

Applicaion

Modelers create, optimize, and UV map 3D meshes in their software of choice by Concept Artist or World Builder specification. Will require abidance of relevant geometry rules and/or working pipeline (.obj format vs .dae, etc)
Concept Artists sketch or use another medium to convey designs for assets to other members of the group. Must be able to do so concisely and with the detail necessary to make use feasible.
Texture Artists utilize UV maps provided by Modelers in the Gimp or another image manipulation software to skin models in the asset pool per Concept Artist specification or their own if the former is inapplicable. May be called upon to create tileable prefabs for levels and such.
World Builders are responsible for designing levels, scheduling encounters where applicable, etc. Note that the job is more strongly influenced by group opinion than the rest - World Builders will be required to listen and participate in group discussion, always deferring to overall consensus over their own outlook.
Animators take Meshes provided by Modelers to apply Bone (and Inverse Kinematic where needed) systems for the purposes of animation. Animators have a huge amount of headroom - they will typically be given a model and a style by a Concept Artist and then follow their own interpretation in manipulating the model.
Audio Compositors create or acquire audio assets and normalize for use. These include everything from gun effects to music. An Audio Compositor will also be required to contact & interview prospective voice actors for the current project.

Bio (optional): i wanna be modlre cuz i drw a prtty pictur and my tchr lik it i get a

note: Even if you don't know one of these trades by heart, we can work together on developing your skills in them. This is as much a workshop as a joint organization.
Spoiler:

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:59 pm

hyperlite wrote:dulge in this rather neat hobby intrigues you, just reply below or PM me with the following information:

Applicaion

pls ecxpt app gud
Spoiler: