MOAR ANIME

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Re: MOAR ANIME

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu May 29, 2014 1:21 pm

Iv121 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:SAO was pretty good, you'll want to finish it.
Yea, insofar it's been breddy gud. I'm not going to join Iv in his hipsterism.
Me going for trends ? You can see from my list I brought I dig up stuff in the darkest corners possible, quite far off "mainstream" and in fact I even say I have issues with the "mainstream" , SAO wasn't bad but it was not nearly as good as it is given credit for, as some sort of HL2 of anime.
HL2 the anime.... Hrmmmmm....
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:05 pm

SAO 2 I heard is a thing
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu May 29, 2014 4:42 pm

*gross sobbing*

Not really, the ending wasn't as bad as the ep 4 or 10 when the spoilers spoilered. Every time a montage with the guitars played through I got a little misty.

Loved the way the concept was used, way too short for the number of characters. So much more could have been done. Not really feely feels so much as the want of a sequel.

Spoiler kind of.
Spoiler:
THE INTERESTING PEOPLE DIDNT GET STORIES WHAT THE HELL?! I figured at least TK would have had one moment. And the fat guy only appeared once in ep12, the only thing I know about the ninja chick is that she likes puppies. Christ really only repeated the same line over and over. In the end, more is told about a character thats only in the show for four episodes than those that were in for the majority of it. And they killed off all of the secondary characters without so much as a goodbye. All effects of the length, I suppose.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:14 pm

A lot of that stuff not included in the anime are in the manga and light novel, which I have read. Both have Hinata(blue hair baseball) as the main character.

As for the end episode, I crie everytim.

Spoiler response to spoiler
Spoiler:
A lot of those characters were never meant to have backstory. TK, for example, speaks English in the Japanese version, and never had a backstory. Matsushida(biggest loser fat guy) was never relevant. Shiina(ninja chick) was born in Feudal Japan, apparently, and was an assassin. Unimportant hacker wasn't important. Yes, it would've been nice to have backstories for all the people, but the anime was unfortunately shorted because retarded producers or something. I'll bet a lot of it will be added in for the Interactive Game Thing they're making.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Thu May 29, 2014 6:16 pm

MACROSS FRONTIER!

LAUNCH!

A story about humanity going on space,with FRIKKIN MECHS.

CODE GEASS!

A story about revolution,twists,a little bit of deus ex machina.

Cool as fuck
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu May 29, 2014 8:46 pm

Waiting for an Anime that has tanks but not hot scantily clad women driving them. And the only place I will allow swords and tanks is Minecraft and WH40K.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu May 29, 2014 9:32 pm

Mad Jack Churchill, who has the last confirmed bow kill, carried a broadsword during WWII. Ergo Proxy isnt overly sexxed and it has androids, which are kind of like tanks, I guess.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu May 29, 2014 9:39 pm

catsonmeth wrote:Mad Jack Churchill, who has the last confirmed bow kill, carried a broadsword during WWII. Ergo Proxy isnt overly sexxed and it has androids, which are kind of like tanks, I guess.
Mad Jack also captured 40ish Germans with a sword. Seperatly not all at once.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:21 pm

Space Hitler wrote:Waiting for an Anime that has tanks but not hot scantily clad women driving them.
What's wrong with scantily clad women driving tanks? Also if you're referring to Girls und Panzer, then they're not that scantily clad. it's just a standard schoolgirl uniform IIRC.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:27 am

Its hard to find something not sexualized in anime , they luuuuv their boobs, even schoolgirl uniforms which makes me wonder what the fk they look like in RL (Some designs seen in anime make me question the school authorities there).
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Fri May 30, 2014 3:07 am

I've progressed further into angel beats. I have a very bad feeling...

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:00 am

The feels will begin soon enough. Just enjoy the ride, and try to avoid being seen crying.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri May 30, 2014 9:39 am

Iv121 wrote:Its hard to find something not sexualized in anime , they luuuuv their boobs, even schoolgirl uniforms which makes me wonder what the fk they look like in RL (Some designs seen in anime make me question the school authorities there).
Law of Anime. If it can look sext, it must. Probably came from the Americans.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:47 am

Hehe the Americans are pale compared to that, for something that’s supposed to be conservative society I just don't understand how it all ended up like that. No matter how much I looked into it the Japs just remain a mystery for me ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:49 am

Why do Jewish men love Asian women? This is the true mystery.

Go watch Angel Beats, Iv.

Oh, and some other anime recommendations from owl to you.
-Angel Beats
-Angel Beats
-Guren Lagann(it was breddy gud, and you kinda have to watch it)
-Hataraku Mauo-Sama(I dug this one up randomly, it is only in sub and pretty alright, might have misspelled it here)
-Angel Beats
-SAO
-Angel Beats
-Clannad(I watched it because it was by the same people who made Angel Beats. It wasn't really my speed, but it was pretty alright and some people here might like it)
-Angel Beats

Those are all the anime I care to recommend.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: