MOAR ANIME

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112
Re: MOAR ANIME

Post by Solar112 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:04 pm

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Solar1 ... =0&order=1

A mostly organised list of anime that I plan on checking out, have checked out and didn't like, and anime I have checked out and did like.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:15 pm

Good, good, another convert to Angel Beats. Soon, all will know the glory.

All.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue May 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:I was more wondering why nobody noticed people being stuck in a lethal VR game, but fair enough. Sandwiches, man.
They were all transported to hospitals.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue May 27, 2014 9:31 pm

I stopped watching anime, The Japanese should stick to making boats.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue May 27, 2014 9:42 pm

I started Ghost in the Shell. It's meh, judging by the first two episodes. Guess I'll try out Angel Beats. I'm in the mood for a few feely feels.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:43 pm

catsonmeth wrote:I started Ghost in the Shell. It's meh, judging by the first two episodes. Guess I'll try out Angel Beats. I'm in the mood for a few feely feels.
Godspeed brave ser.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed May 28, 2014 2:08 pm

I'm not quite sure... Of... What?

Is.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:17 pm

Angel beats ? Well it has a ridiculous concept its true but I guess its worth to get to the end of it, it is again one of those stories that truly open only at the end and make the way there worthwhile, its a big prob with anime that they are slow-burners, they are often off to a weak start and gain momentum only towards the mid or even the end, the alter is especially true for shorter animes. In fact I'd say that for this genre its good to have at least 15 episodes or else they can't really deliver what they tried to.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Trust me when I say watching it is worth it. It's really good, and if you like any other anime you'll like it. The first episode of most anime is usually a little weak, but it picks up afterwards.

How far did you get?
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed May 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Yeah, I'll push through, that's how I got past the first episodes of SAO and the first three acts of Homestuck. And Katawa Shoujo.

I've only finished the first episode, probably watch some more tonight.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed May 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Finished ep. 4. It's so saturated, it's almost difficult to be feely.

Almost.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:34 pm

That's one of two problems I have with it. There probably should have been an episode between 2 and 3, but I think that's where the OVA is. The OVA is pretty good, but don't watch it; I don't know if it contains spoilers.

The second problem I have with Angel Beats would be a massive spoiler, so I won't say it until I think it is safe.

Edit: OVA is after episode 5. You may enjoy the OVA if you like the following:
-Angel Beats
-Crack Cocaine
-Halucinogens
-Shouting
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed May 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Ep 10. Three more to go, it feels like it should be twice the length it is. Then maybe they could have pegged a theme... It's pretty good so far, though. I can feel gross sobbing in my near future.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Wed May 28, 2014 10:59 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY&feature=kp[/youtube]
Ehh close enough
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:37 am

catsonmeth wrote:Ep 10. Three more to go, it feels like it should be twice the length it is. Then maybe they could have pegged a theme... It's pretty good so far, though. I can feel gross sobbing in my near future.
It'll only last a few hours, then it will pass.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: