MOAR ANIME

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: MOAR ANIME

Post by Iv121 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:20 am

Already did Owl and jeeez how much you talk about it, leave some room for other dishes ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri May 30, 2014 11:22 am

Iv121 wrote:Hehe the Americans are pale compared to that, for something that’s supposed to be conservative society I just don't understand how it all ended up like that. No matter how much I looked into it the Japs just remain a mystery for me ...
What's you expect from a nation of people that have lived isolated on an island for thousands of years with their only neighbors being the ones who built a giant wall around their nation. Also the same people with strigiform levels of god worship on their leader, and the ones who resulted in the disappoint father meme.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Fri May 30, 2014 11:24 am

Is Clannad any good after the slow start?

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:13 pm

It really depends on what kind of anime you like. There are actually two of them, the main one and the afterstory. Neither has action, it's all slice of life. That's why I said it wasn't really my speed, though there is some serious mindfuckage later on.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Fri May 30, 2014 3:02 pm

I just finished episode 8 of angel beats... Still have that feeling that something is going to go horribly wrong.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Fri May 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Claymore.

Medieval battle. Cool
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri May 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Yeah its on the heavy side of the spectrum with loads of blood and death.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri May 30, 2014 3:56 pm

I think the goriest anime I ever watched was Elfen Lied. I asked myself after every episode, "What the fuck did I just watch?"

2/10 if you like nudity and limb removal every episode, as well as a surprisingly touching storyline.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Fri May 30, 2014 4:13 pm

will watch later

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri May 30, 2014 6:10 pm

The nudity is kinda unsettling, considering whenever it happens, much bloody and dismemberment does also.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:14 pm

It was sort of feely, I guess. I mean, it was pretty sad in the end, but also most of the show is really fucked up.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri May 30, 2014 6:16 pm

That post describes a great many animes. Just saying.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:26 pm

Elfen Lied especially. I think someone should edit it with a meter on the side captioned, "Limbs Lost". I haven't seen one as fucked up as Elfen. I can think of one, but no male dare watch it, and as such I haven't seen it and dare not say its name.

As for anyone watching Clannad, it's made by the same people as Angel Beats. The guy who writes it, who's name I can't remember, has a strange desire to try to make people cry. Clannad is feely, but a different species of feel from Angel Beats. Some people here might relate better to it, as the first series is set in a human secondary school, but the second one is outside it. The first one isn't very feely, AFAIK, but the second one intensifies the feel. There's also the annoying side story. I'd recommend everyone try the first few episodes. The first series really only exists to set up for the second one. Remember, there is no fighting action in it, it's just feely slice of life.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri May 30, 2014 7:33 pm

ACH0225 wrote:Elfen Lied especially. I think someone should edit it with a meter on the side captioned, "Limbs Lost". I haven't seen one as fucked up as Elfen. I can think of one, but no male dare watch it, and as such I haven't seen it and dare not say its name.

As for anyone watching Clannad, it's made by the same people as Angel Beats. The guy who writes it, who's name I can't remember, has a strange desire to try to make people cry. Clannad is feely, but a different species of feel from Angel Beats. Some people here might relate better to it, as the first series is set in a human secondary school, but the second one is outside it. The first one isn't very feely, AFAIK, but the second one intensifies the feel. There's also the annoying side story. I'd recommend everyone try the first few episodes. The first series really only exists to set up for the second one. Remember, there is no fighting action in it, it's just feely slice of life.
5,000 Klii says it's my little pony guys.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri May 30, 2014 7:54 pm

I watched the first episode of Elfen Lied a few days ago. Well, part of the first episode.

I'm going to watch either Deadman Wonderland or Another.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *