Heartbleed

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye
Re: Heartbleed

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:19 pm

Not to worry, nothing on this site is affected. Your passwords are being sent as plaintext over the internet. So yeah...
(If everyone wants, we can get an SSL certificate for the site. StartCom gives noncommercial ones out for free. I've never set one up on an Apache server before, tho.)

I found out yesterday that my company is immune to Heartbleed, thanks to our firewalls being so ancient that they've never seen a version of OpenSSL that had the vulnerability.
Somehow that didn't make me feel better.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Your software is too outdated to have bugs?
Dude, what software are you running on?
Or what OS for that matter?
Windows 2000?
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:Your software is too outdated to have bugs?
Dude, what software are you running on?
Or what OS for that matter?
Windows 2000?
The bug was introduced about two years ago. That's a pretty long time for the Internet, but corporations aren't known for keeping on top of new innovations and updates. Anyone who hasn't changed their protocols in that time would be OK, I think.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:51 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:Not to worry, nothing on this site is affected. Your passwords are being sent as plaintext over the internet. So yeah...
(If everyone wants, we can get an SSL certificate for the site. StartCom gives noncommercial ones out for free. I've never set one up on an Apache server before, tho.)

I found out yesterday that my company is immune to Heartbleed, thanks to our firewalls being so ancient that they've never seen a version of OpenSSL that had the vulnerability.
Somehow that didn't make me feel better.
Don't worry, the tech shop noobies in my town didn't know what windows 95 was. And they were older then me...
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]