Ukraine

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists
Ukraine

Post by CMA » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:38 am

This has quickly gotten out of hand, the video is un-verified but people in the comments seem to believe it.
http://dumskaya.net/news/neizvestnye-s- ... -a-033101/ (use google translate)

Edit: Well, it's good enough for someone:
http://dumskaya.net/news/neizvestnye-s- ... -a-033101/

Anyone know anything more about this?
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Re: Ukraine

Post by Error » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:32 am

AFAIK, the president decided that they would strengthen their ties to Russia, not the EU, the exact opposite of what the populace wanted, and things escalated rather quickly.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:52 am

I would question the statement you wrote there, it is the result of the classic ignorant news reporting done by western states.

Ukraine consists of two halves: Western Ukraine populated by ... Ukrainians (what a surprise) and Eastern Ukraine populated by Russians. The first wants to EU and the second not as much hates the UE as it is afraid from the west Ukrainians who are quite heavily racist, enough racist to join the Nazis in quantities during WW2. Either way the president you were talking about Error is no more and the Ukrainian opposition is currently running the sate, lead by Julia Timoshenko:

In case you couldn't guess that is Julia Timoshenko for you, up until recently sitting in the Ukrainian prison for well ... being opposition.

Now however it gets funnier as Mr. Putin is not planning to give up on his world Empire plans yet so he starts to prepare armed forces on the border of Ukraine for the time when the Eastern Ukrainians (the Russian Ukrainians) rebel against the Western ones and civil war breaks out, as a result the fate of our dear Ukraine depends on the same EU that wanted to protect her sooo much from the Russian aggressors yet something tells me that the EU is going to abandon their Ukrainian followers to Russia because they have no balls.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:03 pm

Iv121 wrote:it is the result of the classic ignorant news reporting done by western states.

Well pardon me for not being able to go to Ukraine and find out for myself.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Iv121 wrote:Mr. Putin is not planning to give up on his world Empire plans yet
At some point everyone needs to stop thinking of Russia as an evil that must be contained at all costs. The Cold War was a long time ago.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Mistake Not... wrote:
At some point everyone needs to stop thinking of Russia as an evil that must be contained at all costs. The Cold War was a long time ago.
Russia isn't evil. Putin, however, is a Bond villain, complete with submarines and secret lairs.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:46 pm

Mistake Not... wrote:
Ended ? hehe, oh no, Russia just took a break, the days of simple dictator Putin have passed, he set his eyes on bigger things now, he dreams about restoring the old status of Russia as an Empire, that is why he sparked the cold war again, yes if you look carefully you will notice the cold war is back. For Putin Ukraine is just part of his influence zone, his empire, an influence zone the west is trying to cut off, that is why he is ready to protect his empire with brute force, now that his ally Yenukovich is gone.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:17 pm

Iv121 wrote:Ended ? hehe, oh no
This would make way more sense if the word 'ended' had appeared anywhere in my post. :tongue:
Iv121 wrote:that is why he sparked the cold war again, yes if you look carefully you will notice the cold war is back
[citation needed]
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:55 pm

Well again I have the privilege of knowing Russian and having sneak peaks at the Russian propaganda machine, and yeah the west is an enemy, not as boldly as before yet still slowly returning to be an enemy. Watch the tendencies on the political arena in the past years and you won't need Russian TV to know its true. Putin is not the peaceful dictator that only minds his own business anymore, get used to it.

Also by saying it was a long time ago it is natural it ended, unless you are going to explain me now how can something be long ago if its happening right now (forget what I wrote about it happening right now, just pure logic of how something can be a long time ago without ending). Also it wasn’t that long ago either...

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:01 pm

Russia without Ukraine is a country; Russia with Ukraine is an empire.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:11 pm

Not just yet, he also got a bunch of other countries in his influence zone as well as pieces of other countries that he broke similarly to what he is about to do in Ukraine, like Georgia, you could say the later served as sort of a training ground for Russia before the big event (that is Ukraine). He also hopes to advance much further past Ukraine, I don’t think he knows how yet but be sure he will jump on every opportunity.

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:29 pm

I hate to say it but Iv is right, we're slipping back into a cold-war mentality, or at least Russia is. Also, things just got worse:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/02/28 ... ne-future/
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/01/world ... .html?_r=0
http://world.time.com/2014/02/28/crimea ... ht-wolves/

It's pretty absurd if you think about it, anyway. If this bothers you guys I can stop posting it, but IMO it's important to know about this kind of stuff.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:41 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Mistake Not... wrote:
Ended ? hehe, oh no, Russia just took a break, the days of simple dictator Putin have passed, he set his eyes on bigger things now, he dreams about restoring the old status of Russia as an Empire, that is why he sparked the cold war again, yes if you look carefully you will notice the cold war is back. For Putin Ukraine is just part of his influence zone, his empire, an influence zone the west is trying to cut off, that is why he is ready to protect his empire with brute force, now that his ally Yenukovich is gone.

What the fuck?

..What the actual fuck?
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:11 am

Well what kind of it is actual fk ?

CMA