Ukraine

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: Ukraine

Post by Iv121 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:12 pm

south America, don’t rule out china just yet because its hard to tell who's in bed with who there, I think they both fk each other, Iran and other Muslim countries, the Arabs will traditionally somehow manage to play on both sides, that is something only they can pull off, other ex-Soviet countries...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:30 pm

MrTargareyan wrote: I can't say I was particularly scarred for knowing that sex or homosexuality existed from an early age, I mean, what else are you going to tell children when they ask? That babies appear through clouds of magic fairy dust?
You know exactly what I mean.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:06 pm

CMA wrote:
MrTargareyan wrote: I can't say I was particularly scarred for knowing that sex or homosexuality existed from an early age, I mean, what else are you going to tell children when they ask? That babies appear through clouds of magic fairy dust?
Amy law that restricts or inhibits the rights of any particular group of people (save those in prisons, for fairly obvious reasons) is a bad law, essentially.

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote: Amy law that restricts or inhibits the rights of any particular group of people (save those in prisons, for fairly obvious reasons) is a bad law, essentially.
I'm not libertarian, I reject that definition. Also, would you explain the horrors of war to children? Anyway, keep it on topic.

Error

Post by Error » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Yes, I would explain the horrors of war to children. Stops then warring when they grow older, hopefully.

I saw an article about the Ukraine issuing orders to its military to stay alert, or something similar. Tensions, they are high.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:35 am

Well obv they are in full alert, no I doubt that is what you heard, instead you heard that they have recruited their reserves - different countries have reserve troops that are not part of the regular army and are usually not fighting but when the country goes into total-war mode they are recruited to provide as much manpower to the country as they can. In different countries there are different sizes of reserves. In Israel for example in case of a total-war scenario the regular troops are designed to hold the lines for 24 hours, that is the time it would take to recruit the reserves which are in Israel every single citizen who ever passed military training and is below 45 (pretty much everyone as everyone serves in the army). Im not sure how this system works in Ukraine but what I do know is that their reserves are much smaller by comparison but the fact they are recruited does say something.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:34 am

I am aware of how reserves work, Iv. And what I heard was they issued the return-fire-if-fired-upon order to their troops.

On a slightly unrelated note, Israel sounds like a military state. I know it's not, but having a significant portion of your population enlisted...well, idk.

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan

Post by MrTargareyan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:27 am

CMA wrote:
I don't actually, if that's not what you meant :3 And are you seriously comparing gay sex to the horrors of war? I mean, it might not be your thing, but surely its not that bad.

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:31 am

Israel is a military state with elements of a theocracy AFAIK, I see nothing wrong with that. other than it being the wrong religion...

MrTargareyan wrote:
CMA wrote:
I don't actually, if that's not what you meant :3 And are you seriously comparing homosexual sex to the horrors of war? I mean, it might not be your thing, but surely its not that bad.
I meant the political indoctrination of children at a young age, telling them where babies come from is fine if you do it the right way, explaining controversial opinions(we both think we're right, let's call it an opinion) is not. Also, the fact that the rainbow isn't a sign of childhood and innocence any more is incredibly depressing.

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan

Post by MrTargareyan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:43 am

CMA wrote: I meant the political indoctrination of children at a young age, telling them where babies come from is fine if you do it the right way, explaining controversial opinions(we both think we're right, let's call it an opinion) is not. Also, the fact that the rainbow isn't a sign of childhood and innocence any more is incredibly depressing.
Yeah, I don't get any of this rainbow shit, I hate rainbows >.< And it still is a symbol of childhood and innocence, it just has dual meanings. And if you don't agree with political indoctrination (I wouldn't call trying to prevent prejudice, racism, sexism and homophobia that personally, but meh), would you agree with religions being taught to children at an early age too? Since they are reasonably similar things.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:04 pm

Most of the population is not enlisted. At any given time only those of the age of 18-21 (and still not everyone) serve in the army, once a year at least each Israeli citizen who is part of the reserve force is taken for a few days on a refreshing course to make sure the reserves are actually still trained and ready and the only time the whole reserve force is brought into action is in a total-war scenario which means there is a threat to the country's existence, I doubt at this state any "normal" life is possible for any kind of Israeli citizen, even someone who is not enlisted in the reserves. Yeah army is part of the Israeli everyday yet it doesn't really disturb your standard life, it is not a militaristic country of some sort and it has no theocracy at all though it has religious laws (Sry to disappoint you but I think it states clearly that this is a Jewish state ...). Yes there are problems with religion and stuff and yet its not theocracy in any way and not the slightest.

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:50 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:would you agree with religions being taught to children at an early age too? Since they are reasonably similar things.
Yes and no, I have bizzarely libertarian views on this(I don't think anything religious should be involved in the government), but only because I consider objective Good and religion above governments themselves. Also, homeschooling is best, and rainbows are only assocaited with the gay rights movement where I am.

Back on topic, just saw these. The bottom one is from 4chan /int/, the top from krautchan.
Spoiler:
Last edited by CMA on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:54 pm

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:14 pm

ibtimes.co.uk wrote:"If they do not give up by 5am [3am GMT] tomorrow, there will be a real storm of subdivisions and units of Ukraine's military forces all over Crimea," Vitko was quoted as saying.

[UPDATE 16:15 GMT] The press office for the Ukrainian defence ministry in Crimea has confirmed that Russia's Black Sea Fleet has delivered the ultimatum, the BBC reports.
Google wrote: 1:13 AM
Tuesday, March 4, 2014 (GMT)
Time in Greenwich Mean Time
Welp, 2 hours.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:01 pm

Time is up
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: