Ukraine

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan
Re: Ukraine

Post by MrTargareyan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:35 am

Another world war is just an eventuality, it might not happen soon, but it will. Humans have always been trigger happy idiots trying to graft their views onto other people, the only difference now is we have far bigger guns. And CMA, how the hell can you think that Russias law preventing Homosexuals from "promoting" homosexuality is a good law? I mean, if it was actually what it said it was, then it would be pretty bad, but when the definition of promoting includes any form of publicly saying that you are gay, that is not a good law. At all. (Sorry if I am getting confused about which law you are talking about, there have been too many anti human rights laws in the news for me to keep track) And it doesn't matter if Russian homosexuals don't care about it, if Russia invaded other country's, then the gay people there would have to put up with it too, and they might not care so little. Speaking of stupid laws, Uganda, dear god...

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:38 am

With any luck at all, WW3 is merely a slight chance.

Humans have toned down the trigger happiness. Not enough, but some. Please don't wreck my faith in our species, again.

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:43 am

MrTargareyan wrote: And CMA, how the hell can you think that Russias law preventing Homosexuals from "promoting" homosexuality is a good law? I mean, if it was actually what it said it was, then it would be pretty bad, but when the definition of promoting includes any form of publicly saying that you are homosexual, that is not a good law. At all.
That's not what it means, just how it's interpreted. The law itself is fine, what you're mad about is the people, and you can't change people that easily. The law itself prohibits people from spreading information/propaganda(everything is propaganda) to minors, nothing wrong with that.

Uganda makes funny newspapers:

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:With any luck at all, WW3 is merely a slight chance.

Humans have toned down the trigger happiness. Not enough, but some. Please don't wreck my faith in our species, again.
Faith in what? People, especially modern people, don't have enough moral fortitude to avoid a world war. At the very least there's going to be a war, world war might be avoided for now.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:44 am

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:With any luck at all, WW3 is merely a slight chance.

They may have toned down the trigger happiness a little, but at the same time, countries are introducing shit like this? I mean seriously, wtf humans? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda_Ant ... _Act,_2014

Error

Post by Error » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:46 am

Screw humans. Let's all go to Mars.

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:47 am

CMA wrote:
MrTargareyan wrote: And CMA, how the hell can you think that Russias law preventing Homosexuals from "promoting" homosexuality is a good law? I mean, if it was actually what it said it was, then it would be pretty bad, but when the definition of promoting includes any form of publicly saying that you are homosexual, that is not a good law. At all.
That's not what it means, just how it's interpreted. The law itself is fine, what you're mad about is the people, and you can't change people that easily. The law itself prohibits people from spreading information/propaganda(everything is propaganda) to minors, nothing wrong with that.
I can't say I was particularly scarred for knowing that sex or homosexuality existed from an early age, I mean, what else are you going to tell children when they ask? That babies appear through clouds of magic fairy dust?

Error

Post by Error » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:54 am

Because it's so terribly traumatizing for kids to know that men and women can love people of their own gender. I was scarred for life and live in fear now /sarcasm

It's the whole "Guy in front of me at subway ordered a sub I don't like" comparison all over again. And it's just as accurate.

The Martian Republic / Commonwealth / Federation / Empire / Nation, where everyone has equal rights, and Earth has no influence on the people! So suck it, Terra.

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrTargareyan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:59 am

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:Because it's so terribly traumatizing for kids to know that men and women can love people of their own gender. I was scarred for life and live in fear now /sarcasm

It's the whole "Guy in front of me at subway ordered a sub I don't like" comparison all over again. And it's just as accurate.

The Martian Republic / Commonwealth / Federation / Empire / Nation, where everyone has equal rights, and Earth has no influence on the people! So suck it, Terra.
To Mars!

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:44 am

Uganda is making pretty similar laws to the Strigiforme now. Hrmmmmmm...
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:00 pm

ACH0225 wrote:Uganda is making pretty similar laws to the Strigiforme now. Hrmmmmmm...
Confirmed: Uganda is one of the secretly Strigiforme-controlled nations on Earth.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Error

Post by Error » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 pm

So owls are homophobes, TIL.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:34 pm

BTW an interesting development I didn’t consider so far:

In 1994 when Ukraine together with other ex-Soviet countries submitted the Soviet nukes stationed in their borders, they signed an agreement with Russia and other nuclear nations that ensure the territorial integrity of those countries. That means that now that Russia is ready to invade Ukraine it is about to break an actual agreement it signed, not just some random UN conventions or some other crap. This development basically means that the diplomatic credibility of Russia is severely damaged, turning any agreements made with it into useless pieces of paper, in other words no western countries will sign anything with Russia. I believe that might be a leverage factor that the west can actually successfully use to stop Russia, it is possible however that Russia would choose the path of an exile country, relying on non-western countries just like it did for years when it was still the soviet union. Russia might be at an interesting choice here, will Putin choose to restore the soviet union or will he halt his imperial desires for now ...

OFC another problem with this approach is that Europe who actually benefits from agreements with Russia might not want to part it's way with those so fast which might mean they will not use this tool either.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Error

Post by Error » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Push comes to shove, I feel the EU will prefer breaking ties with Russia over having the Ukraine invaded. And if the Federation goes exile, its likely that a Soviet will result, a temporary empire that will fail due to derpy governing.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:49 pm

It failed only due to one reason - The oil price dropped, that’s it, as simple as that. And no it wont have the same economy of the soviet union though quite similar, don't worry even if it falls it will just result in Russia yet again and so you completed a circle - Ukraine will be invaded anyway, that means that you really don't wont another Soviet Union. Though BTW that soviet thingy proves what I was saying about the west and Russia already being in a cold war. As for the breaking of agreements guess we’ll wait and see, not much time left for us to wait …
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:01 pm

Thing is, who would ally with the Russians? The Chinese are in bed with America, so they can't—not without repercussions. Brazil is busy trying to be stronk, and anywhere in Africa is busy trying to government.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: