Ender's Game was a pretty bad movie

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Re: Ender's Game was a pretty bad movie

Post by  ҉  » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:38 am

I said it lost some stuff. It didn't actually become a bad story, though.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:05 am

Some is an uderstatement.

Decent movie yes, but crap representation of the book.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:12 am

I don't think it is supposed to represent the book. When you change the genre of something you must keep in mind that something that worked in the previous genre wont work in here, that is why the biggest mistake you can ever make while doing something like that is to simply copy the book over to the movie.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:14 am

Iv121 wrote:I don't think it is supposed to represent the book. When you change the genre of something you must keep in mind that something that worked in the previous genre wont work in here, that is why the biggest mistake you can ever make while doing something like that is to simply copy the book over to the movie.
Since when were ultimate badasses in mech suits a bad idea in movies?
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:31 am

Starship Troopers shares the name with the book. And a couple of character names. Thassit.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:42 pm

The acting in some parts of the movie, particularly the first time in the battle room was pretty disappointing, but I think other than that, the movie was fantastic. I expected it to be much worse. I was a little annoyed at first by the fact that they put Bean on the ship with Ender but I got over it. After all, the movie was already long and they would've had to make it at least an hour longer to tell Bean's full story. Half of the book takes place in Ender's mind, and I think they did a really good job portraying Ender's thoughts and emotions throughout the movie. I'm extremely critical when it comes to movies from books, and the slightest mistake makes me very angry, but this movie did an acceptable job and I really enjoyed it.

In reply to Tau: I quite enjoyed Oblivion. Didn't see the twist coming. They certainly could have thought out the ending better though. HowItShouldHaveEnded made a good point, asking what's going to happen to all the other thousands of clones.
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:19 pm

The Last Airbender wasn't a book but... I mean... The Shamalan movie deserves so much hate.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:03 am

catsonmeth wrote:The Last Airbender wasn't a book but... I mean... The Shamalan movie deserves so much hate.
Vince wrote:Agreed. Far too agreed. So much agreed here, that we have too much agreement. Need some overflow vents for all this agree, and even then there'd be spills. Gonna need a whole sewer system for this agreement here. Though even with all that, we'd still be swimming in agrees. Even if we start destroying the agree, we won't be losing more than we're gaining and would surely drown. Therefore, I propose that we abandon Earth and let everything else die due to the unblocked agree floods. Earth would be covered in layers of agree in the hundreds of thousands of leagues. We'd have to build a grand starship, capable of propelling us to the tip of the Sagittarius arm and further if necessary, as the agree will continue to grow after it has consumed Earth, the torrent will move through the Sol system unmitigated and proceed on to Alpha Centaur, then Barnard's Star, until it has filled the Universe. We may never escape, but we may delay the inevitable. (+1)

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:33 pm

I went into Ender's Game with low standards, expecting it couldn't possibly translate to the screen. By the end of the movie, it has raised my standards high enough that I left a little disappointed.

Especially since the runtime wasn't all that long. If it was just 30 mins longer, I think it would have helped the pacing immensely.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:52 pm

As the original poster I would like the five previous posts to be deleted, please. They're not useful.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Done, as per OP's request. Keep it on topic, please.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Watching it now. It's not really that bad, they've only cut out about half of the story so far... Okay this battle room scene is just stupid when did this happen
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *