A plan.

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF
Re: A plan.

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:42 am

Prototype wrote:
Icelandic Perehelion wrote:The lemur's dedicated, I'll say that. And I'll continue to hang around until there's literally nobody left, and lend a hand where I can.
Hey even if this place dies a cold hard death at the wrong end of a shotgun in the wrong end of town, I'll keep doing whatever it is I do.
Same here.
No idea what it is I do though.
I should probably do something for this place.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Tau wrote:
Icelandic Perehelion wrote:And I'll continue to hang around until there's literally nobody left, and lend a hand where I can.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:26 pm

Can we at least figure something out before defaulting to bravado? Please?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Dunno. Maybe have a flans server, then use that as one of multiple sources of members. Maybe we could become some mass server host group like madrealms? Maybe on multiple games, too. We could also have a gaming community.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:36 pm

We shouldn't rush into a server. That is one thing I will say.

While it's potentially useful, it's a risk.
Any server will require advertising, and I think I can organise that, but that's only when we know what we want, and we need to do a damn good job of it, no half assing.

I think we could perhaps start filming squad games on star conflict, and sticking them up on youtube. easy to do and it's a safe starting point, gets us used to filming and actually playing together, and we can always start developing it once we know what we are doing. Not exactly thought out by me, but I find we get stuck on the thinking stage a little too often, and I don't think there's harm in just doing it as long as there's no risk.
Just my two K'lii for the day.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:38 pm

We could also have a gaming community
You use a word there, 'also'. I cannot stress enough that for whatever direction taken here to affect anything it has to be the focus, not just something on the side. If anything it's Futurecraft that should occupy that role, as it's very much vaporware for the foreseeable future.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:27 pm

Prototype wrote:We shouldn't rush into a server. That is one thing I will say.

While it's potentially useful, it's a risk.
Any server will require advertising, and I think I can organise that, but that's only when we know what we want, and we need to do a damn good job of it, no half assing.

I think we could perhaps start filming squad games on star conflict, and sticking them up on youtube. easy to do and it's a safe starting point, gets us used to filming and actually playing together, and we can always start developing it once we know what we are doing. Not exactly thought out by me, but I find we get stuck on the thinking stage a little too often, and I don't think there's harm in just doing it as long as there's no risk.
Just my two K'lii for the day.
Yes the server will require work but I think we should still do it. As for star conflict I tried it once but didn't really like it because its basically war thunder in space. But if the community decides to play it I'll play it as well. As for the videos I "Acquired" sony vegas pro 12 a while back so I can do editing but not the recording.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:34 pm

So we need to agree...poll?

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:49 pm

That's why I wanted to start another thread.

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:52 pm

As I said before, I've setup a forge server with bukkit. If you want to go on you'll need NEI, Flans mod 4.1, Modern Weapons Pack, Nerf Pack, Parts Pack, Titan Pack, WW2 Pack, and the FC Pack. This wont be up 24/7 but I'll try to have up from 3:30pm EST to 9:00pm EST. If all goes successful with finishing it I might put it up on a dedicated host.

IP: 65.87.188.206:25565

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:05 pm

I'm with Tiel here. We need to put the FC mod on the back burner for the time being. What to put on the front burner, though, is another matter.

We need a poll. Anyone?
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:18 pm

Tau wrote:I'm with Tiel here. We need to put the FC mod on the back burner for the time being. What to put on the front burner, though, is another matter.

We need a poll. Anyone?
Agreed with you and Tiel. A poll would be in order.
Tell wrote:As I said before, I've setup a forge server with bukkit. If you want to go on you'll need NEI, Flans mod 4.1, Modern Weapons Pack, Nerf Pack, Parts Pack, Titan Pack, WW2 Pack, and the FC Pack. This wont be up 24/7 but I'll try to have up from 3:30pm EST to 9:00pm EST. If all goes successful with finishing it I might put it up on a dedicated host.

IP: 65.87.188.206:25565
Gave up vidya games for lent(i.e. every day not a Sunday between now and Easter) so I won't be on, but that sounds like it'd be a good idea. Also, I'll be getting my gaming computer(3 cups of 3) running again soon-ish, and IIRC I could run flans with optifine all the way out to extreme distance with moderate mipmapping and still get 30+ FPS. That might help if we need to advertise.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:42 am

Dear John,

Your "fc-mod.com" domain name has been successfully renewed!
The new expiration date for this domain is now 3/28/2015.
ಠ_ಠ
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 am

Tiel wrote:
Dear John,

Your "fc-mod.com" domain name has been successfully renewed!
The new expiration date for this domain is now 3/28/2015.
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ indeed
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:34 am

[ಠ_ಠ intensifies]