We Are Here To Protect You

Miscellaneous. No spam or advertisements, constructive discussion encouraged.
blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42
Re: We Are Here To Protect You

Post by blockman42 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:38 pm

aren't the shovver and pusher robot in a twilight zone episode?

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:43 pm

I wouldn't know, I've never watched The Twilight Zone.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:34 pm

yunikage wrote: It's an allegory about institutional power. Religion, the state, etc. They're all equally arbitrary and absurd, but they insist that they are correct and all their competing counterparts are "malfunctioning". They push around the blind (ignorance) and shove bread down our throats (material comforts). They are visible on TVs, billboards and movie screens, because media reinforces dominant ideologies.
And the terrible secret of space is the inevitability of death and meaninglessness of life.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Tiel wrote:
yunikage wrote: It's an allegory about institutional power. Religion, the state, etc. They're all equally arbitrary and absurd, but they insist that they are correct and all their competing counterparts are "malfunctioning". They push around the blind (ignorance) and shove bread down our throats (material comforts). They are visible on TVs, billboards and movie screens, because media reinforces dominant ideologies.
And the terrible secret of space is the inevitability of death and meaninglessness of life.
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/icq-pra ... -space.php
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Tiel wrote:
Yeah I got that.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *