Terran Trade Confederation

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign
Re: Terran Trade Confederation

Post by Laserbilly » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:30 am

Vindication Class Heavy Cruiser
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Nacluv Sythe Light Cruiser
Spoiler:
Class: Retaliation
Type: Light Cruiser/Heavy Destroyer
Dimensions: L = 277 m, W = 91 m, H = 92 m
Main Weapon: 500/130 Mark III Mod 0 Fixed Heavy Gauss Cannon
Secondary Weapons: Eight 50/5 Mark IV Mod 0 AA Guns, and Four 100/10 Mark I Mod 0 STS Guns
Role: Heavy Fire Support, Destroying Dreadnaughts and Heavy Cruisers

Description: The Nacluv have recently transferred twelve Scythe class light cruisers to the command of the Terran Trade Confederate Navy. The Scythe, while technically classed as a light cruiser, is better described as a heavy destroyer. In addition to possessing slightly above average conventional firepower when compared to other ships of similar weight/mass, these fast attack cruisers carry a deadly surprise: a 150 meter long, heavy gauss cannon! Its long, slender hull gives the Scythe the advantage of extremely high acceleration speeds for its class type, and its innovative ringed engine gives it even better performance still. As long as the Scythe doesn't stick around to to exchange broadsides with its targets, then it can be a very useful tool in any Navy's arsenal.
Spoiler:
I think the blue background looks better than the red...
Front-left.
Top front-right.
Ring Thruster.
Impulse Thrusters and Shuttle Bay.
Spoiler:
Anti-Air defense and Ship-To-Ship guns.

The Heavy Gauss Cannon (150 meters long)!
Last edited by Laserbilly on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:50 am

Laserbilly wrote:Also, I'm trying to make the infantry for my Mobile Infantry and I'm not sure exactly how to go about representing them....

Should I just stack a stair, a block and a half-block (for the feet, torso, and head, respectively), and call it done. I think en-mass they wouldn't look too bad. Or should I use a mob mod?

I think the Armor Stand mod would be ideal, but for some reason I'm having trouble making it work... Are there any mods that insert a mob that can just stand still in ranks for a pretty parade photo?? The mob skins don't matter too much, I can always re-skin them...
If you're looking to make mobile infantry, use iron blocks, stone stairs, stone half slabs, nether fence for hands, and either a Steve head or a skeleton head, I can post you a picture of an example if you want.
This works well but they are a bit big, but they can look cool and you can do more with them
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:13 am

Prototype wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:Also, I'm trying to make the infantry for my Mobile Infantry and I'm not sure exactly how to go about representing them....

Should I just stack a stair, a block and a half-block (for the feet, torso, and head, respectively), and call it done. I think en-mass they wouldn't look too bad. Or should I use a mob mod?

I think the Armor Stand mod would be ideal, but for some reason I'm having trouble making it work... Are there any mods that insert a mob that can just stand still in ranks for a pretty parade photo?? The mob skins don't matter too much, I can always re-skin them...
If you're looking to make mobile infantry, use iron blocks, stone stairs, stone half slabs, nether fence for hands, and either a Steve head or a skeleton head, I can post you a picture of an example if you want.
This works well but they are a bit big, but they can look cool and you can do more with them
Thanks! I hadn't thought of fences for arms, that's a really good idea! I don't want them to be 3 meters tall though, so I'll probably just go with a half-block for the head...

Do you guys have any other good ideas?

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:02 am

How about instead of a half block, you could maybe re skin one of the head blocks, that might look better as a head but u don't know because I don't know what the body will look like.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:46 am

You could always reskin 2 blocks to make them look like infantry

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:04 am

blockman42 wrote:You could always reskin 2 blocks to make them look like infantry
Nice, maybe pink and cyan wool with a pressure-plate on top...

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:22 am

Laserbilly wrote:
blockman42 wrote:You could always reskin 2 blocks to make them look like infantry
Nice, maybe pink and cyan wool with a pressure-plate on top...
Maybe, I'd like to see what you can come up with.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:29 am

I very highly recommend Noppes's NPCs mod. It's perfect for that. You spawn NPCs that look however you want them to, with a ton of model options, and any skin you can think of to add. They can be as big or small as you want, and they can sit, stand, walk, dance, crouch, lie down, or whatever you want. It's an incredibly awesome tool, and pretty easy to learn how to use. Armor stand is great too, but you can only have a couple of different units at once, and all they can do is stand there stiffly. Noppes's NPCs lets you do virtually anything, up to and including make soldiers that actually work as infantry in-game. It's awesome.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:11 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:I very highly recommend Noppes's NPCs mod. It's perfect for that. You spawn NPCs that look however you want them to, with a ton of model options, and any skin you can think of to add. They can be as big or small as you want, and they can sit, stand, walk, dance, crouch, lie down, or whatever you want. It's an incredibly awesome tool, and pretty easy to learn how to use. Armor stand is great too, but you can only have a couple of different units at once, and all they can do is stand there stiffly. Noppes's NPCs lets you do virtually anything, up to and including make soldiers that actually work as infantry in-game. It's awesome.
Thanks LJS! That looks like it will be perfect for up to battalion sized photos! And I can just make one or two models that I like and copy and paste them! I might do the other ideas for the larger scale set-pieces too!

Any other ideas?

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 pm

lots of stuff coming!

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 pm

I'll update this upon completion of my first dreadnaught.
Spoiler:
Battlestar
Built in a time when a 500 meter ship was considered massive, this 1200m ship was truly a sight to behold. Constructed halfway into the Robotic Revolt, the Columbia Class Battlestar was intended to lumber into the middle a battlefield and lay waste to all the vessels that dared to stand against it. Since we learned of HE3 powered fusion drives from the robots, the Columbia Class featured a state of the art Fusion Drive.
Spoiler:
Protector
Built during the final years of the Robot Revolt, the Protector Class Gunstar was made to be a more economical alternative to the Columbia class Battlestar. While it featured the same Fusion Drive as the Columbia, it was only 2/3s of its mass, allowing the Protector to have much higher acceleration speeds and be more agile.
Last edited by Laserbilly on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Rhomidean
IGN:cptsporatic

Post by CaptainSporatic » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Laserbilly wrote:Infantry (for now) Also question, what color do you like best?
Spoiler:
Use the pink waaaay in the back.
Also, nice engineering mech.
Spoiler:
Have you ever as so much as tried to even know for sure when even so much as not to do?

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:43 am

I like how you move people in containers :P . Srsly you could put a little more finances in a more humane way of transportation :) .
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:56 am

Iv121 wrote:I like how you move people in containers :P . Srsly you could put a little more finances in a more humane way of transportation :) .
Oh come on now, that's more space than they have on a submarine! Also, who cares? They're soldiers, not civilians. The Infantry Containers are designs to bring as many soldiers to battle as possible. If we waste money by building some unnecessary "troop carrier" then we're being irresponsible with our taxpayers' money! The TTC takes resource management very seriously!

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:30 am

Take good care of your soldiers and they will do their job. I have shops, bars, computer rooms, basically a tinny city on board my Destroyers, you will see the same on real US carriers BTW. This helps the soldiers during the long flights.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN