Terran Trade Confederation

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign
Re: Terran Trade Confederation

Post by Laserbilly » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:55 am

Liberty Class Freighter
Spoiler:
Class: Liberty
Type: Standard Freighter
Dimensions: L = 275 m, W = 59 m, H = 72 m
Role: Transporting Trade Goods and Military Assets
Generation: 1st

Description: The Liberty Class Freighter was once the backbone of both the Terran Confederacy's economic and military might. This ship set the standard by which all Confederate freighters are measured. The large reinforced structure provides 16 cargo hard-points, each capable of holding a 25x25x25 meter Standard Container. Being a first generation starship, it runs on a combination of refined coal and redstone. Therefore, the Liberty class uses fewer moving parts and is much easier to maintain and repair than the standard third generation ship. Because of this, many 1st and 2nd stage colonies still employ these ships today.
Independence Class Light Freighter
Spoiler:
Class: Independence
Type: Light Freighter
Dimensions: L = 150 m, W = 31 m, H = 31 m
Generation: 2nd

Description: The Independence class freighter was commissioned to fill the sorely needed role of a light freighter for the Confederation. Small, cheap and easy to construct, this ship mounts a twin He-3 powered engine/thruster package. With only eight muti-role hard-points, this ship can only hold half as many Standard Containers as a Standard Freighter. However, these hard-points are also able to mount light weapons if needed.

Freedom Class Fast Freighter
Spoiler:
Class: Liberty
Type: Fast Freighter
Dimensions: L = 141 m, W = 55 m, H = 27 m
Generation: 2nd

Description: The Freedom class fast freighter is one of the quickest vessels available within the Confederate private sector. Generally used for high priority transport and messaging, it boasts two He-3 engine/thruster packages. However, with only one cargo hard-point this transport relies not on bulk to make a profit but on urgency. Also, it comes armed with four light AA guns.

Autarchy Class Freighter
Spoiler:
Class: Autarchy
Dimensions: L = 254 m, W = 55 m, H = 57 m
Generation: 3rd

Description: The Autarchy class is one of the first 3rd generation freighters to have been built. Called the "Sidelong Lorry" because of its unusual orientation, the Autarchy has the standard 16 cargo hard-points. Armed with twelve AA guns, it's driven by a four thruster tillium powered engine/jump drive package.

Emancipation Class Freighter
Spoiler:
Class: Emancipation
Dimensions: L = 252 m, W = 55 m, H = 45 m
Generation: 3rd

Description: Using the same living and engine modules as the Autarchy uses an octagon shaped central shaft which allows for a four sided cargo orientation rather than the usual two sided orientation. This allows for the Emancipation to carry up to eight dropships along with it, making it a favorite of the Confederate Army.

Last edited by Laserbilly on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Instinct-XIV
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Xtreme gaming QC
IGN:InstinctXIV

Post by Instinct-XIV » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:17 am

I like your ships but try changing the front of the ship a bit less triangle and a little more detail.

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:21 am

blockman42 wrote:why do you need to types of freighters?
The answer to that question is a lot broader than I want to get into just yet. However, I can tell you that the Terran Trade Confederation includes a large number of nations; most of which produce their own ships and different ship classes. This allows for diversity of design and a healthy competition between the many shipyards.

Also, the obvious answer: A nation can't just have one type of ship. There are may roles that need to be filled and many more types ships that fill them.

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 am

Instinct-XIV wrote:I like your ships but try changing the front of the ship a bit less triangle and a little more detail.
Eh, these are just freighters and I don't want to spend too much time on them. It's hard enough getting that shape right, but putting more detail into them will just take more time than I am willing to spend...

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:35 am

I like the variation in the freighter names :tongue: , liberate all cargo ! I think those names will fit more a cruiser line though.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:48 pm

New freighters are cool, but kind of strange

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:24 am

I made a new pinnace, the only problem is that it ended up looking like a mini Pillar of Autumn...Oh well.
Spoiler:

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 am

That's one fat ship...
This is a signature.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:23 am

Laserbilly wrote:I made a new pinnace, the only problem is that it ended up looking like a mini Pillar of Autumn...Oh well.
Spoiler:
if you could stretch that out it would be REALLY awesome

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan

Post by MrTargareyan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:45 pm

I really like the autarchy and emancipation class freighters, they look so......elegant...but still look functional and mass produced. They look awesome :D

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:46 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:I really like the autarchy and emancipation class freighters, they look so......elegant...but still look functional and mass produced. They look awesome :D
Why, thank you, that's what I was going for.

@ Blockman and Mack

I know, but I'm loath to make it any longer, since it's already 50 meters long. Maybe a 3 to 1 ratio would look better (at the moment it's 2 to 1).

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:22 pm

Not sure what I'm going to call this, but I made a heavy aerospace bomber.
Spoiler:
Also, I'm not really sure what I'm going to end up naming this one either; but I stretched it out and it does look a bit better. I'm calling it a Heavy Pinnace for now.
Spoiler:

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:30 pm

EDITED FOR BAD WORDS.
Sorry. To mod- word was really bad.
Last edited by Tunnelthunder on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:Not sure on the top but I got a name for the bottom one if you want it...
little chode.
A statement from the Department of Redundancy Department states that "little chode" is indeed redundant. Also crudely vulgar.

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:39 pm

IDK I Got it from a random name generator my friend made.
Edit second try not too good either... I apologize. I should look into words before saying them.