Terran Trade Confederation

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign
Re: Terran Trade Confederation

Post by Laserbilly » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:17 pm

The colonization started in 172 AF.

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:38 pm

God I want to do this. Just own the natives and murder everyone, you know the usual colonialist thing.

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:God I want to do this. Just own the natives and murder everyone, you know the usual colonialist thing.
Sorry, there's no native sentient life... :(

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tunnelthunder » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Tunnelthunder wrote:God I want to do this. Just own the natives and murder everyone, you know the usual colonialist thing.
PRESS THE ANIMALS INTO SLAVERY THEN! I don't really care what is oppressed just so long as there is oppression and it isn't against me.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
PRESS THE ANIMALS INTO SLAVERY THEN! I don't really care what is oppressed just so long as there is oppression and it isn't against me.
what program did you use to make the landscape

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:13 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Tunnelthunder wrote:
Laserbilly wrote: Sorry, there's no native sentient life... :(
what program did you use to make the landscape
Sarcastic link:

[url]http://futurecraftforums.tk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=85&start=119[/url]

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:33 pm

The construction crew begin clearing the forest and leveling out the colony grounds.

The crew also starts clearing the forest for the starport.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:10 pm

Something has occurred to me. Are your dropships based on the movie Starship Troopers? They look similar, with the boxes hanging underneath.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:Something has occurred to me. Are your dropships based on the movie Starship Troopers? They look similar, with the boxes hanging underneath.
Surprisingly not, my containers are just square boxes because that's what made sense to me for a huge interstellar company to use to move everything between the stars. Nothing awkwardly shaped like a (3D?) hexagon or a sphere, just nice clean, stackable boxes. However, I do love the book Starship Troopers and plan to add cap-troops to my army before too long. Also, I might eventually build the Rodger Young...

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:40 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:Something has occurred to me. Are your dropships based on the movie Starship Troopers? They look similar, with the boxes hanging underneath.
Surprisingly not, my containers are just square boxes because that's what made sense to me for a huge interstellar company to use to move everything between the stars. Nothing awkwardly shaped like a (3D?) hexagon or a sphere, just nice clean, stackable boxes. However, I do love the book Starship Troopers and plan to add cap-troops to my army before too long. Also, I might eventually build the Rodger Young...
I don't think the Starship Troopers dropships actually carry separate boxes (although I guess they might). They just look the same, with a very blocky troop compartment on the bottom and a more ship-like thing kinda wrapped around the top.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
I don't think the Starship Troopers dropships actually carry separate boxes (although I guess they might). They just look the same, with a very blocky troop compartment on the bottom and a more ship-like thing kinda wrapped around the top.
You're right, maybe it did influence me on some level...

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:44 pm

Well it's a common way of transporting stuff in sci-fi , Freespace has similar ships, so do Wing Commander if I recall correctly and a few others.
Spoiler:

They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:13 pm

Mobile Support Platform
Spoiler:
A heavy artillery intended to provide heavy support fire to allied troops from long range.

The Mobile Support Platform can squat down and fit within a Standard Double-Container.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:24 pm

looks great, but I still have the upper hand on the "mech arms race"

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tunnelthunder » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:25 pm

I have the upper hand in everything, because all the specs and things for my stuff is hidden.