Julo Space Federation

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Re: Julo Space Federation UPDATE: 6/1/14

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:01 am

Aw man that's a blast from the past, I haven't messed with Lego designer in years.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:18 pm

Julo wrote:Hey guys, I just found the LDD software and had some fun with it. I tried to build a Stormtalon from Warhammer 40k and wondered how you think it looks. Anyway:
Do you think it looks like a Stormtalon from 40k? Thanks for reading, bye.
have you considered a career in legoing?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Not yet.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:06 am

Odyssey Class Exploration Cruiser
Spoiler:
The Odyssey Class Exploration Cruiser was designed Ted Irving and built by LOKI Inc. as a deep space vessel. At first it had a standard cruiser jump drive, which didn't have the power and range to venture into deep space and come back. So the engineers came up with the idea to use a bigger jump drive. This meant, that some parts of the hull had to be removed to make room for an active flux collector, as a larger jump drive would also need more fuel, but there was no space for more tanks. So the engineers replaced the former fuel bay with three flux collectors. The final design included a double flux piston drive, which is normally used in capital ships, and three flux collectors of the same size.
The first ship of this class was the "Odyssey". It's first flight was in 243 NGTR (New Galactic Time Reckoning), everything seemed fine, until the jump drive was warmed up and ready for the first jump of this class. When the order to activate the jump drive was given, the computer mixed two coordinates, sent the ship nearly 30.000 LY away from it's original target and nearly destroyed the jump drive. Only one of the flux pistons was still active, one of the flux collectors of the ship was completely disintegrated, another one heavily damaged. And although the ship was crippled and a huge distance away from civilized space, the crew did not give up and headed towards home. They could only make 2 LY jumps every 3 hours. The crew defied all dangers, wether they came from space space, or even from inside the ship. Due to the will of the crew and it's captain, they made it home after six years.
Crew: 56
Length: 201
Beam: 59
Draft: 37
Weapons: 24 Anti-Fighter-Turrets
Spoiler:
1: Overview
2: Front with radiators
3: Back with Engine
4: Top
5: Scientific Instruments Highlight from left to right: Antenna, Spectrometer, Gravity Sensor Array, Lightpressure Sensor, Probe Launcher, Flux Impulse Meter
6: Crew quarters outside
7: Detail Highlight
8: Flux Piston with rainbow radiation
9: Flux Collector inside with rainbow radiation
10: Probe Magazine
11: Flux Control Room, with radiation shield
12: Access To Planetary Shuttle
13: Mess Hall
14: Bridge
15: Crew Quarter 1
16: Crew Quarter 2
17: Planetary Shuttle
Do you like this? Do you have valid criticism? Please reply.
Last edited by Julo on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:03 am

Julo wrote:Odyssey Class Exploration Cruiser
Spoiler:
The Odyssey Class Exploration Cruiser was designed Ted Irving and built by LOKI Inc. as a deep space vessel. At first it had a standard cruiser jump drive, which didn't have the power and range to venture into deep space and come back. So the engineers came up with the idea to use a bigger jump drive. This meant, that some parts of the hull had to be removed to make room for an active flux collector, as a larger jump drive would also need more fuel, but there was no space for more tanks. So the engineers replaced the former fuel bay with three flux collectors. The final design included a double flux piston drive, which is normally used in capital ships, and three flux collectors of the same size.
The first ship of this class was the "Odyssey". It's first flight was in 243 NGTR (New Galactic Time Reckoning), everything seemed fine, until the jump drive was warmed up and ready for the first jump of this class. When the order to activate the jump drive was given, the computer mixed two coordinates, sent the ship nearly 30.000 LY away from it's original target and nearly destroyed the jump drive. Only one of the flux pistons was still active, one of the flux collectors of the ship was completely disintegrated, another one heavily damaged. And although the ship was crippled and a huge distance away from civilized space, the crew did not give up and headed towards home. They could only make 2 LY jumps every 3 hours. The crew defied all dangers, wether they came from space space, or even from inside the ship. Due to the will of the crew and it's captain, they made it home after six years.
Crew: 56
Length: 201
Beam: 59
Draft: 37
Weapons: 24 Anti-Fighter-Turrets
Spoiler:
1: Overview
2: Front with radiators
3: Back with Engine
4: Top
5: Scientific Instruments Highlight from left to right: Antenna, Spectrometer, Gravity Sensor Array, Lightpressure Sensor, Probe Launcher, Flux Impulse Meter
6: Crew quarters outside
7: Detail Highlight
8: Flux Piston with rainbow radiation
9: Flux Collector inside with rainbow radiation
10: Probe Magazine
11: Flux Control Room, with radiation shield
12: Access To Planetary Shuttle
14: Bridge
15: Crew Quarter 1
16: Crew Quarter 2
17: Planetary Shuttle
Do you like this? Do you have valid criticism? Please reply.
You didn't finish the IMG tag on 12 just to let you know

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Re: Julo Space Federation UPDATE: 6/15/14

Post by Julo » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:20 am

Thanks.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:01 pm

Wow julo, I really like it! The greebles look pretty good. The only thing that I think could be improved is the shape of the front. If you angled the front rather than just ending it flat the way you did, I think that could improve it.

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Nice idea, Laserbilly. What do you think of this:
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:32 pm

Looks good, needs more guns...

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:46 am

Cutter Class Corvette
Spoiler:
The Cutter Class Corvette was designed by Steven Braten and built by SolCommand. The ship has aerodynamic features, such as wings and an aerodynamic nose. It's main role is to patrol interplanetary routes and and asteroid fields. However, in the past few years it was used in bigger fleets as a scout or heavy interceptor. In the battle of Sorg V it was used by the 78th squad of "The legion of Omicron" to attack the enemy command ship. The squad of four Cutters entered the battlefield three hours after the first strike. The two fleets were locked in conflict, with big losses on both sides. The enemy Command ship was located 100km behind the main fleet. The four corvettes made their run hidden inside a cloud of white noise missiles. These missiles use a radar jammer to avoid being locked on by enemy anti missile systems. The missiles travelled at the same speed as the corvettes roughly 3km/s, which is pretty slow for missiles. The enemy ships evaded the missiles and couldn't see the corvettes.
After the squad of corvettes broke the main line of defense, they headed straight for the command ship. Of course they didn't get there unnoticed. As soon as the radar jammers shut off, the corvettes were targeted and under heavy fire. But their strong engines and good captains managed to evade the incoming fire and attack the command ship, which was forced to retreat towards the main battle fleet.
In defense of the command ship, some of the ships of the main fleet were drawn away from the front line, giving the Legion the advantage in firepower. But with multiple ships focussing on the squad of corvettes, the Cutters had to retreat. Two of them were destroyed and one heavily damaged. But the fact, that the enemy command ship was not in a safe distance to the legion's fleet, made the battle easier for them. The last corvette of these four brave Cutters is now displayed at the War and Peace museum on Omicron.
Crew: 5 (Captain/Pilot, Gunner, Loader, Radio Operator, Technician)
Length: 61
Beam: 43
Draft: 17
Weapons:
1x2 900mm Mk. VI Version T Neutron Cannon
3x 100/10 Mark IV Mod 2 STS Rail Gun (borrowed by the TTC)
6X Single Anode Particle Stream
Spoiler:
Airlock
Captain's Quarters
Cockpit Deck
Crew Quarter
Gunner's Room
Mess hall/Living Deck
Rail Gun Loading Room
Communication Room
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Julo Space Federation UPDATE: 7/26/14

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:03 am

Reminds me of Darth Mauls corvette.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:52 pm

Shadowcat wrote:Reminds me of Darth Mauls corvette.
Ya it does, but where are the guns.

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:17 am

Hey guys, I'm on vacation right now, so I don't have access to my computer. Luckily, we have a laptop aboard and on this laptop I have LDD. So I decided to build something, this is the result:
Spoiler:
TIE Defender

TIE Electronic Warfare

TIE Fighter

TIE Heavy Bomber

TIE Lander

TIE Predator

TIE Shadow Squadron (stealthy heavy bomber)
As you can see, all of these ships are TIE Fighter variants, in the style of these Lego planet sets.
Let me know what you think, thanks for reading, goodbye.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:07 pm

Hey guys!
It's been a year now, so I guess I might give a status update. I'm still alive!(yay)
And even better, I'm back to building something in Minecraft! I'm here to post my latest project. It's a satellite!
I built this one with the maximum amount of realism in mind, meaning that I tried to build a satellite that could actually work. Anyway, here we go:
Spoiler:
The MESAT-01

On the 23rd of July in 2012 a massive solar superstorm, similar to the Carrington Event, barely missed Earth. Scientists predicted a 12% chance, that a storm like this could hit Earth again before 2022.
6 years later however, exactly that happened.
The effects were catastrophic, causing a very strong EMP effect, that covered large parts of the Earth. But the most damage occured in space, outside of the atmosphere. Multiple satellites became unusable, many others were crippled, due to the failure of multiple instruments.
The weather service was down for multiple weeks, until the remaining satellites could be reactivated and put back into service.
Three months after the event, an international contest was held to design a cheap, easy to build and effective satellite, that could be used to replace damaged satellites quickly. A team in Germany designed the „MeSat“, a small satellite, that fitted all of the requirements. The shown satellite is the first prototype that went into orbit.

-The first picture is just a basic overview of the satellite.

-The second one shows the front of the Satellite.

-The third one shows the Main Engine, used for orbital maneuvers. It is not very strong, but very efficient.

-The fourth picture shows the initial instruments installed on the Prototype, a normal camera, an IR-Imager array, and two antennas, that can be used for communication and the location of distress signals.

-The fifth picture shows off the solar array of the satellite, it’s foldable. In order to protect it, the underside is made from a very sturdy material.

-The sixth picture shows the main antenna, it can be folded and put into the casing.

-The seventh picture shows a part of the satellite wrapped in gold foil.

-The eighth picture shows the gyroscope of the satellite. It is not digital, because digital gyroscopes were some of the most vulnerable instruments during the solar storm. The magic 8-Ball is a joke of the designer, the normal casing is a cylinder, connected to the fuel tank and the top of the satellite. Inside the casing is the computer core, which is connected to all the cables going out of the casing.

-The ninth picture shows the monopropellant tanks.

-The monopropellant is used for the RCS thrusters shown in the tenth picture.

-Finally there is a picture of the two radioisotope thermoelectric generators, used as backup “batteries”.

A quick guide to the cabling:
Red Cable – Power.
Yellow Cable – Incoming signals, about to be processed by the computer.
Blue Cable – Scientific Data.
Lime Cable – Orders of the computer.
So yeah, I'm working on a spaceship as well, but it's just out of the drawing phase and because I'm completely lazy, I guess it won't be completed soon :P
I hope you guys like my build, have a nice day ;)
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Re: Julo Space Federation

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:04 pm

So you made something in KSP then made that in MINECRAFT?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe