PMC's Sci-fi Contest!

Show dem ships!
Forum rules
- Threads pertaining to subject matter other than visible ship building will be moved/deleted without notice.
- Flaming or insulting other members based on their work is prohibited - constructive feedback only.
- Users may bump threads in this subforum with no penalty so long as responses build upon the current topic.
Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: PMC's Sci-fi Contest!

Post by Prototype » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:59 pm

It's too old for that, he posted this ages ago, but the judges will have seen it.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Dux_Tell31
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Tellrim
IGN:tell31

Post by Dux_Tell31 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:53 pm

If skill were money, Mackeroth would be a rich man.
"This is Minecraft, sir. We don't make physics, we ruin them." -Fr0stbyte124
"We are made of the elements out in space, in essense we are the universe discovering itself" -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:13 am

Thanks for all the praise guys!

The judges will see it, it's there job to mark every entry. If I place in the top 3, my work is featured on the front page for a month, so I'll get plenty of views then.

Good luck to all you who entered to. I'm looking forward to seeing how you all go.
This is a signature.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:46 am

The only reason I may not want you to win is because then I lose all chances of outranking you, but that's a very small reason.
Also, it'll be the second FutureCraft project to become properly popular, plus I'll use it for screenshots (if thismis ok with you) for my future updates (with credit to you of course)

The only thing you might lose out on is community vote, which supposedly heavily factors into the final descision, and its too late for me to stick a recommendation from the content pack page, but you probably have too much awesome for that to be a problem.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:00 am

Mack, you're a very skilled builder, and I really hope you get recognition from this contest; but I think the top three will be these:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/swift-millenium/

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... other-of-/

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... city-ship/

At the very least these builds are going to get full marks for both originality and presentation. Though, I can't remember what the third category is.

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:32 pm

Quality. That's the one you're looking for.

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Wed May 01, 2013 5:46 am

Laserbilly wrote:Mack, you're a very skilled builder, and I really hope you get recognition from this contest; but I think the top three will be these:

At the very least these builds are going to get full marks for both originality and presentation. Though, I can't remember what the third category is.
No one ever gets full marks. No entry gets much above 80/100 in the contest.
None of them are any more original than mine, although their presentation is better. I still could beat them in the technique (the 3rd) catageory, as my ship is by far the largest, and more detailed than all of theirs.
If it's by popular vote, then the entire system is rigged to suit popular builders. Completely unfair.
This is a signature.

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Wed May 01, 2013 8:53 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:Mack, you're a very skilled builder, and I really hope you get recognition from this contest; but I think the top three will be these:

No one ever gets full marks. No entry gets much above 80/100 in the contest.
None of them are any more original than mine, although their presentation is better. I still could beat them in the technique (the 3rd) category, as my ship is by far the largest, and more detailed than all of theirs.
If it's by popular vote, then the entire system is rigged to suit popular builders. Completely unfair.
Yes, you should definitely get full marks for originality and technique, except maybe that much of the back of your ship looks like it was just copy and pasted to add length to your ship. I know that you probably have a good explanation for why that is (it is a functional colony ship), but last I checked, you didn't provide that explanation in your photo tags or you description. Your presentation is not that great and, other than your second photo, fails to convey any feelings of awe or wonder that other builders on your level do provide.

They're only popular because 1. they're excellent builders and 2. they present their builds in a way that appeals to most viewers.

I think that the reasons you're not as popular as you could be is that you need to put more work into the presentation of your builds, you need better designs for the overall shape of your ships (the detailing is outstanding, but the design is not as good), and, as always, you need to stop alienating other people by being so cocky.

You're an excellent detailer, and you're getting better as a builder with every project, but you need to do more if you want to stand out in the PMC arena.

If you ever want to team up, I think you and I would make a great match for building huge spaceship projects. You, with your amazing detailing and I, with competent design skills.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:20 am

Hey let me in ! I'd design the shapes couse that is pretty much the only thing I'm good at :tongue: .
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed May 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Iv121 wrote:Hey let me in ! I'd design the shapes couse that is pretty much the only thing I'm good at :tongue: .
You and me both, bud.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Wed May 01, 2013 12:50 pm

if you guys do start making projects, I'll stick links from the Flan pack
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Thu May 02, 2013 9:20 am

Those... *...

Disqualified Mack because he broke an arbitrary size limit, I mean come on, it's a bloody build contest, there shouldn't be a bloody size limit, what kind of moron set that rule?

I am pretty tick off at this, this is the sort of crap I can't stand, good people getting screwed over by a messed up system.

All I can say, is Mack, finish the I.C.E.S.S. make those bastards jealous, and we can always blacklist them from FutureCraft.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu May 02, 2013 9:32 am

THEY DISQUALIFIED IT?! THOSE BASTARDS!

Mack, finish the entire I.C.E.S.S, make it MASSIVE, make it AWESOME, and show them ALL WHO'S THE BOSS!

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:35 am

Sadly, I don´t have any remote controlls installed in their computers.
If only they would use eggOS or galaxOS...
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Thu May 02, 2013 9:37 am

We can always just not let them on FutureCraft

All the more reason to get on with it

You'd think the people that run this would actually know how to make a set of rules that doesn't screw hard work over, I have lost interest in PMC, they bring nothing but trouble, I mean my pack was stolen from there by various sites as well
Spoiler:

Spoiler: